• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

Well if we're gonna request a helo, it may as well be...

ah64d-1.jpg

Yeah I loved Janes Longbow, best helo sim until DCS:BS

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Master sergeant shooter sergeant important person of sergeants extreme:gun_rifle:

Well theres definitely more place in the back than in an apache. At least for one more passenger comfotably which adds the possibility to transport someone somewhere :)

Wasnt the huey the first helicopter that was armed and in active duty before the cobra?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

back of an Mi-24? I have, and to say that it's small is a bit of an understatement.

I bet it's a good size for carrying corpses though. :D

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

The idea has merit... however, DCS caters to potential training audiences, and therefore to helicopters in more widespread current use. That, and if I recall, DCS is supposed to be a series of inter-operating simulators for a whole virtual battlefield (eventually). Huey in Vietnam doesn't jive with A-10C in 2010, nor with Kamov-50s, and I doubt with whatever DCS: US Fixed Wing will be.

HOWEVER... UH-60? Sure! And the UH-60 has capability to fire Hydra-70 FFARs, Hellfire, and if I recall correctly, can carry gun pods.

And how about the MH-60 Direct Action Penetrator version? Eh? *nudge* Ehhhhh?

*edit* another good choice would be the CH/ MH-53. In service in Vietnam, still in wide service, often used in SOF insertion, CSAR, and DAP missions. Well armed, but all pintle mounts as far as I recall.

Edited by OutOnTheOP

In my opinion the huey isnt a good basement for a DCS simulation. Transport capabilities are shipped with the MI24 plus firepower.

Thad's right if we are gone ask for a choper less ask for a one with firepower capabilities.

Shinigami Out...:thumbup:

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMO the one helicopter that definitely deserves a DCS treatment is the UH-1. And let's be honest; wouldn't it be great to fire up that trustworthy bird after going through the necessary steps in the way only DCS can provide us. With a true to life 6DOV cockpit, with all the bells and whistles and switches and knobs. And maybe an AI co-pilot that would kick in the Ride Of The Valkyries tape :smilewink:

I would get it, no matter what the price would be.

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Every time I see someone mention the Mi-24s transport capability, the same thing always goes through my head... Have any of these people actually BEEN in the back of an Mi-24? I have, and to say that it's small is a bit of an understatement.

Well you have to be bigger than me cause I have 1,85m and around 250lb and wen I and some others guys like me (we were special troops, Spetsnaz) went in the belly of the beast I was in to some sten comfortable, with the only complain that it was a lite small for hi people.

Shinigami Out..

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed... DCS Blackhawk

DCS Blackhawk would be epic.

I think it would provide quite a ton of variation in missions and definitely keep things interesting, enhancing replayability. Medivac, Troop Transport, External Cargo, CSAR, and Gunship/Long range capabilities with the external wing attachments.

ah-60.jpg

EQG_uh60_1.jpg

It would definitely challenge eagle dynamics with the aspects with flight crew, including door gunners, jump master and troops. It would also provide a great training tool for ingress egress in and out of a combat area for pickup and dropoff of troops. Especially dealing with brown outs in unprepared surfaces where dust would kick and blow all over the place as you approach the LZ.

UH-60-Black-Hawk-helicopter-201.preview.jpg

CSAR operations would be intensily fun.

Trying to enter the combat zone to rescue a downed pilot with the help a-10c providing close combat support. Communicating with the pilot and asking him to pop smoke. Then getting a hover accounting for wind and turbulence all while positioning the aircraft in the correct azimuth to provide the onboard gunners with a good firing angle. Who knows, maybe the gunners can provide that kind of feedback to you, "turn as 90 to the right , we need a better angle". Meanwhile the SAR operators/jump master is giving you position feedback. "hold your hover, hold your hover, left 2, forward 2, hold your hover. We've got the pilot on the jungle penetrator, reeling in, hold your hover. 4, 3, 2, 1,.... he's in go go go... get out of here. The pilot is hurt, we need to get him back pronto." Meanwhile if you don't get back to base on time the pilot dies from injuries.

External Load missions would be fun and challenging as well.

2626172553_d2dc8971f7.jpg

This aircraft would work well with the a-10c module since the a-10 can provide attack and close support.

DCS Seahawk

DCS Seahawk would also be interesting.

From wiki, "Seahawk can handle anti-submarine warfare (ASW), anti-surface warfare (ASUW), naval special warfare (NSW) insertion, search and rescue (SAR), combat search and rescue (CSAR), vertical replenishment (VERTREP), and medical evacuation (MEDEVAC). "

Other interesting things that would merit a DCS Seahawk would be landing on destroyers using the RAST system, this would include communicating with the ship to get the ship pointed into the wind, approaching on an angle to reduce the turbulence from the ship super structure, lowering the messenger cable from the RAST and then the RAST probe. Finally reeling down, timing the landing with the sea state conditions and shutting down promptly and applying rotorbrake to reduce the chance of blade strike.

This video does not show the RAST system but gives you an idea of the landing approach and pilot workload.

Doing SAR ops for downed navy pilots.

Sub hunting using the sonar boeys and dropping the torpedo once the sub has been located.

Ship to aircraft refueling challenges

072526.jpg

Automated blade and tail fold and storage in hangar through RAST system rail.

I already fly a lumbering airborne target drone for fighters, called the Hawg. ;)

A column of enemy tanks sees A10s approaching from behind...the tanker c/o radios out: "step on it, we can outrun them". :D

:megalol:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

After the biggest letdown in years "Whirlwind over Vietnam", I would really love to see a good Huey simulation from a capable developer, which DCS absolutely is!

Since reading "Chickenhawk" by Robert Mason, I´m really hooked on this bird and read everything I can get my hands on. Only thing missing is a decent sim.

But I agree, that it doesn´t really fit into the DCS portfolio, even though there are still some Hueys operating today.

So, DCS, if you want me to kiss your feet, make a little timetravel and bring us the Huey! Slicks, Guns and Dustoffs!

And everyone else... read Chickenhawk! :book:

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

I think it'd be great if they came out with an Apache/Blackhawk package.... maybe even make some triggers that when the Blackhawk lands near a group of guys, they run over and get in to go off to the next spot. They won't get out unless you land at the right coordinates.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

My vote would have to go to the black hawk or possibly the Merlin just for a Brit helicopter but Black Hawk would be better I think. I really love the Black Hawk. :thumbup:

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well you have to be bigger than me cause I have 1,85m and around 250lb and wen I and some others guys like me (we were special troops, Spetsnaz) went in the belly of the beast I was in to some sten comfortable, with the only complain that it was a lite small for hi people.

Shinigami Out..

With a full ammo payload at wings ?