Dedicated Server question

Mt5_Roie

I own the A-10C, BS2, and P51 modules for the DSC World. I have a dedicated server set up for my wing for the current DSC A-10C. I'm going to start testing the DSC World Dedicated server and had some questions.

Since I don't fly BS2, on the current setup I open BS2 Multiplayer and host the Dedicated server from there. I keep the master connected as an observer. When I open DSC World Multiplayer - how will it know what aircraft I choose if all three are available? I typically fly the A-10C and might test the P51. So I'd like to run the DSC World DS using the BS2 serial. Do I have to create a DS unit that is a BS2 and make sure to get in it when loading, or can I keep it as an observer?

I'm going to be running some tests this week but wanted to see if anyone else tested this yet.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Firstly, it's DCS, not DSC.

From your post it really isn't very clear what the problem is or what your asking, but as far as I can tell you want to know if you can host a server with only one module (Ka-50 in your case ) activated in DCS World.

The answer is yes. In order to start the multiplayer interface and connect to the master server, and therefore host or join a multiplayer game, you need to have one of the DCS products installed and activated. Which one you choose to install and activate is not relevant.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The mission designer adds the BS2/A10C etc for flyables.

You as an Server-admin don't have to worry about it. Just get hold of some mission which contain some of the flyables, and you're good to go.

If you want to use another serial: you should reinstall DCS world (not possible to remove a module) and install 1 module only. And activate using that module.

You can still host for all the other DCS modules even if they aren't installed. It's down to the mission which modules that are offered in each mission.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Ok so lets say I have a computer A which has DSC World installed on it with all the current modules installed and tested. I have a mission on there which has two of each type of aircraft (Su25, A-10C, KA-50, P51). I start in DSC World Multiplayer and activate the mission. I don't go into any aircraft and remain a spectator.

Now, I have computer B which is my machine gaming machine. I have DSC World and all components on it and activated. I would like to go in and fly the mission running on computer A. Will I be able to fly each of the aircraft, or will computer A lock of the aircraft for itself and only allow me to fly the other aircraft?

Currently installing things on computer B for a test...so hopefully will have results as well.

It seems you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. Just like in 1.1.1.1 if you don't own BS2 and join a server that has an option of an A-10 or Ka-50, you can get in an A-10 all day but not a Ka-50.

Same thing in DCS world, you will only be able to fly any ACFT you have purchased and installed on your gaming rig.

Also, remember you can't use the same key to run your DS and your gaming rig.

Computer A is your server. You don't need more than 1 module (to actiavte MP - which require a license, hence you cannot use DCS World Free for this).

Computer A use 1 serial which you have to buy. You can't use this serial anywhere else.

You decide which module you want to buy for this server.

Computer B, install all the modules - and make sure you have 1 unique serial for each.

Computer A isn't locking any aircraft/slots. It only locks down 1 serial.

When you log in to MP, that serial is marked as "in use" and can't be used on another PC (until you log out).

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Also, remember you can't use the same key to run your DS and your gaming rig.

This is what I'm trying to get sorted. If I have DSC World on computer A with all the modules registered and running the DS. If I log into it from my gaming machine with all the modules loaded - how will it know which serial number to use.

Before by just running the DS from BS2 it used the BS2 serial on computer A and when I flew the A-10C it used that serial - so no conflict.

Just trying to deconflict the serials here.

If you use 1 serial on Computer A - as well as on Computer B:

- When you log in to DCS MP at Computer A, all is fine an dandy.

- Logging on to DCS MP on Computer B - will kick out Computer A from MP. Unfortunate for a Server.

Assuming you want all modules available on your flying machine (non-server) you need a second key for one (any one) of them for your server. The server does not need all the modules installed for any reason.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you use 1 serial on Computer A - as well as on Computer B:

- When you log in to DCS MP at Computer A, all is fine an dandy.

- Logging on to DCS MP on Computer B - will kick out Computer A from MP. Unfortunate for a Server.

Just discovered that now.

So next question - how do I uninstall a module from DSC World. Since I want to uninstall the BS2 module from my gaming machine so my server can use it. Plus I want to unistall P51/A-10C/Su-25 (if possible) from my server.

Delete the relevant aircraft folder from the Mods folder in the main directory.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Delete the relevant aircraft folder from the Mods folder in the main directory.

May not be enough for the MP to realign with the new keys. Just test it first.

This will work:

The mission designer adds the BS2/A10C etc for flyables.

You as an Server-admin don't have to worry about it. Just get hold of some mission which contain some of the flyables, and you're good to go.

If you want to use another serial: you should reinstall DCS world (not possible to remove a module) and install 1 module only. And activate using that module.

You can still host for all the other DCS modules even if they aren't installed. It's down to the mission which modules that are offered in each mission.

Just a reminder. You might want to run a some Deactivations when uninstalling. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ok did some testing and got a slew on new issues. So for the sake of this conversation lets define:

Computer A - Running DSC BS2 on port 10308

Computer B - Running DSC World with P51 license on port 10300

Computer C - Gaming machine.

First let me say that in order to get it working I had to go into regedit and delete the keys even after removing the folders. Was a bit tricky but I got it done. Initially I had B running BS2 but it seems to knock me off the master server in computer A (even though A is not on world and B is).

So once I had the license issue all settled I tried running the server on B and set the port to 10300 so it wouldn't conflict with A. On C I could see B either via LAN or Internet, also couldn't connect via manual IP selection.

So I figured let me try moving A to a different port. When I did that I was able to see it only in internet and not in LAN on DSC A-10C. In my previous experience it seemed that when I connect with internet vs lan it causes issues and I CTD. So I put A back to 10308 and was able to see it via LAN and Ethernet in the end.

Just to test it out, I put B on 10308 and was able to see B from C via LAN. I was able to connect and do a quick flight. But I can't imagine that having two server not he same port (even though one is world and one isn't') is healthy. I did see on the internet option in DSC World that some people were using 10300 and 2100. Tried both ports with no luck.

I even disabled the firewall, all that jazz. Seems like if it's not on 10308 it's not working right.

Any suggestions? I would ideally like the DSC World DS to be on port 21000 and keep the DSC BS2 DS on 10308 for now (until World gets out of beta).

You need either

- A unique public IP per Server

- Or a unique Port per server (if you have only 1 public IP).

The problem with DCS World (bug) is that it may not be visible from LAN by using the "Internet" list for some situations. Should be rectified a bit later.

Instead you can use "LAN" listings to see it though.

It will still be visible on internet for others to see, even if you can't use the "internet" list to see it on *your* LAN.

The problem is I can't see it in LAN or internet.

So I have one public IP and I would like to have 10308 used for DCS BS2 as it is now, and 21000 used for DCS World. But when I set DCS World to 21000, I can't see it on my gaming machine.

Will test more tonight but it's getting frustrating. Haven't testing to see if anyone else can connect externally yet. Waiting for tonight to chat with some folks to test it.

Ok I was able to connect via manual IP.

Can anyone tell me if they see a "Test DS Server" using port 21000 on the internet side?

it's password protected...but just want to see if you can see it.

Ok I was able to connect via manual IP.

Can anyone tell me if they see a "Test DS Server" using port 21000 on the internet side?

it's password protected...but just want to see if you can see it.

I see it here in California USA

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/