Help Please

Ok, so I have purchased A10C from steam. I have read that I can use the key for the steam version and use it in DCS World.

Ok, here is were my problems start (cause I am daft)......I have dl'ed 5 files total from the DCS site...1 being the DCS World (715 mb in size) and another exe and 3 bin files. What order do the installations go in? I tried installing the world first....it told me I needed to have 1.1.2.1 or higher installed and then nothing.....i tried to install the other exe with the bin files and it says it is corrupt.

Do they make any thing easy anymore? Or am I just getting more stupid with old age?

Any help on the files I need and the order I need to install them would be greatly appreciated. I am currently running 1.1.1.1 version through Steam.

Thanks

Whiskey

The .exe (I don't think you need the p51 exe to install world) and the three .bin files on this pagehttp://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=18&end_pos=135&lang=en should do the trick

Follow the installation instructions on EDs site, e.g. all files in one folder, make sure the file names are correct (Sometimes the files get a (1) added to the end, that'll screw up the install) that kind of stuff

I'm off to drink some of your namesake...best of luck

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Yes those are teh files I have from the page you posted. Every time I dl them and try to install...it says they are corrupt files and to obtain them again. Not sure why, but twice now from the same page (the one you posted) they won't install...I am logged in as admin so there is no reason they would not work properly. None that I can figure anyway.

Whiskey

It is a bit confusing how the site is setup. Read carfully (I missed it too the first time) just get the exe and the bins for DCSW NOT the P51D and then in addition the A10c 1.1.2.1 patch which is the whole A10 module for A10 (you don't need the standalone 1111 with all its bins)

If you did so then I dont know either.

Concerning the corruption I have to say I always had problems with that from DCS servers.

But check which one is corrupt and download again..sometimes it takes 4 times or more.

Since my internet went to 20mbit and I don't share it anymore (maybe more stable now or just better location) it actually didn't happen again but could be coincidence.

good luck

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

>>>TROUBLESHOOTING - Help us helping you.

DCS World v1.1.x.x

Installation

1. Install DCS World

2. Install any extra modules such as P51D.

Notes:

- Installation requires administrative privileges on the PC.

- The installation will be linked to your user-account on the PC. You may not log in with another user on the PC and start the game.

Upgrade (BETA)

- Uninstall your previous version, this will remove the extra Modules such as P51D as well.

- Install the new version(s).

- Install the extra Airplane Modules such as P51d if you have any.

- Watch out for issues due to broken config. If so, try to rename the DCS-config folder.

Custom Mods in your previous installation of DCS is Not Supported - mods will 'touch' files and cause install / upgrades / config to fail in many situations. DCS and the DCS Config must be removed.

Uninstalling the Mods using MODMAN is not enough - the files may never return to the default state which is expected during upgrades / patches.

Broken install / upgrade

If you experience problems, there are some simple tests you can do to figure out where the problem is;

Install / Uninstall issues

Corrupted Downloads:

If setup fails you may want to use MD5 checksums to verify the files.

Please see the checksums for each file at;

• http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...os=135&lang=en
    Please See the "MD5" entries. You can use an MD5 hash-checker on the files you have to see which one is corrupted. You should get exactly the same value as listed for that file on the download page.
  • This program can be used to calculate MD5 for the files you downloaded: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-75154.html
    NOTE: TFC, ED or it's affilitates is not responsible for external content nor by content suggested by any members of the forum community.
    Usage of this content is solely at your own risk and responsibility.

Ref: 1

Use the torrent! It has a build in file-checker - its theoretical persistent against corrupt downloads.

Edited by PeterP

Are you only downloading one torrent? Is it a multiple GB file?

If so, you need the link at the very bottom of this page too. Scroll all the way down until you can't scroll any more.

This is the exe to put the A10 in World

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=135&lang=en

Man, do the problems ever stop? Seems to be really difficult to install these updates.

I am trying to install the A10C open beta plug in and when I run the exe it starts fine, but then it has no default location to install into. I looked for the info but I found nothing on a location. Not sure if I just install it into the main folder or what.

What folder do I install the open beta plug in for the A10C? This is driving me crazy, the process is probably the hardest I ever had to do.....either that or my brain function has bottomed out!

Whiskey

Man, do the problems ever stop? Seems to be really difficult to install these updates.

I am trying to install the A10C open beta plug in and when I run the exe it starts fine, but then it has no default location to install into. I looked for the info but I found nothing on a location. Not sure if I just install it into the main folder or what.

What folder do I install the open beta plug in for the A10C? This is driving me crazy, the process is probably the hardest I ever had to do.....either that or my brain function has bottomed out!

Whiskey

The DCS world folder.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I am trying to install the A10C open beta plug in and when I run the exe it starts fine, but then it has no default location to install into.

If that is the case then it sounds like a registry entry is slightly hosed. Might not be a big issue but something to be aware of.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Did you really installed with administrator rights ?

Notes:

- Installation requires administrative privileges on the PC.

- The installation will be linked to your user-account on the PC. You may not log in with another user on the PC and start the game.

default installation path: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

this path is windows choice and not always ideal....

another rule of the thumb:

Install such demanding programs like DCS always on a separate drive -dedicated for games and power applications, this schould also be your fastest hard-drive. - and not on your system-drive .

This will prevent slowdowns if windows needs to fetch something wile the program is running.

e.g. D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Edited by PeterP

There is no DCS World folder....just the eagle dynamics folder. I dl'ed everything on that page that I was told to....still unable to get this thing figured out.

No World folder, just the Eagle dynamics folder, an icon on my desktop that says DCS A10C. So am I missing the world install? Even though I have got all files I was instructed too.

Gonna need Steven Hawking to install this I guess.

EDIT: Just tried to install the world exe, says I should have world 1.1.2.1 or higher installed and fails.......WTF!!!!

&*#($&@()$%*&^#@)(&*%$^(_#*%&^_(8(#$Q&%^_(8(#&%_(8(#$&%^(_#8(Q#&$(_)*#&_

Whiskey

Edited by Whiskey1968

You should have downloaded these files:

File Name: DCS_World_en_1.1.2.1.exe

File Name: DCS_World_en_1.1.2.1-1.bin

File Name: DCS_World_en_1.1.2.1-2.bin

File Name: DCS_World_en_1.1.2.1-3.bin

You run the FIRST one as admin, that installs world.

Then download and run;

File Name: A-10C_1.1.2.1_EN.exe

To install A10 world module.

Vega 2700x /16Gb ram/480Gb SSD/1Tb Seagate/nVidia 2080/Win 10 64 bit Rift. T-flight pedals.

EDIT: Just tried to install the world exe, says I should have world 1.1.2.1 or higher installed and fails.......WTF!!!!

&*#($&@()$%*&^#@)(&*%$^(_#*%&^_(8(#$Q&%^_(8(#&%_(8(#$&%^(_#8(Q#&$(_)*#&_

Whiskey

There is a patch out there as well. You should NOT be using it. It is named as DCS_World_patch_en_1.1.2.1.exe.

I would also go into Windows Control Panel and make sure to uninstall anything that it thinks you have installed, assuming there is anything listed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is what I have done up to the last install, which is the A-10C_1.1.2.1_EN.exe, it tells me 1.1.2.1 or greater should be installed.....doesn't say its installed or even go through an installation process...then just left with the desktop staring back at me. Does this mean its installed? When I go to multiplayer the version is still 1.1.1.1, :crash:

It did not list a default folder to install into, I had to go into browse and select program files. Is that correct? Just install it into program files/default folder or do I have to put it some were else?

This now starts to be a little confusing...

That is what I have done up to the last install, which is the
What exactly is "That" what you have wrote...

A-10C_1.1.2.1_EN.exe only can be applied when DCS:World is already successfully installed.

But it reads like this failed...

So lets start from the beginning.

1.You have downloaded this files and have them in the same folder:

*check*

2. You are logged-in as administrator

*check*

3. You run "DCS_World_en_1.1.2.1.exe"

and it installs in :

>choose drive<\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

*check*

4. You did start DCS:World at at least once - so your settings are saved in C:\Users\>your user name<\Saved Games\DCS

*check*

5. Now you start "A-10C_1.1.2.1_EN.exe"

When something not happened like I wrote.

Please tell us at which stage and what exactly did happen.

This now starts to be a little confusing...

What exactly is "That" what you have wrote...

A-10C_1.1.2.1_EN.exe only can be applied when DCS:World is already successfully installed.

But it reads like this failed...

So lets start from the beginning.

1.You have downloaded this files and have them in the same folder:

*check*

2. You are logged-in as administrator

*check*

3. You run "DCS_World_en_1.1.2.1.exe"

and it installs in :

>choose drive<\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

*check*

4. You did start DCS:World at at least once - so your settings are saved in C:\Users\>your user name<\Saved Games\DCS

*check*

5. Now you start "A-10C_1.1.2.1_EN.exe"

When something not happened like I wrote.

Please tell us at which stage and what exactly did happen.

Stage 5 is were it gets haywire. The A-10C_1.1.2.1_EN.exe does not list a file location once initiated, I have to browse for the location. Once I select a location it states "DCS World 1.1.2.1 or greater should be installed."

Whiskey

What ever the cause of the problem is ...

Once I select a location it states "DCS World 1.1.2.1 or greater should be installed
...just "Some" location will not work. - "Once I select a location" is confusing me - please elaborate a little more on this.

You have to show the A-10C_1.1.2.1_EN.exe the exact file-path to DCS:World.

Best way to find out is to right click on the DCS:World 1.1.2.1 icon on the desktop and hit "open file location"

Than it should be something like this:

G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin

than tell the A-10C exe to install into

G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

and report back.

Edited by PeterP

Finally....got it working thanks to you chaps.

I uninstalled everything to do with DCS from the pc. Started fresh from the beginning. Followed the same steps as before "to the letter" or keystroke if you will. Voila, it worked this time.....guess third time lucky, maybe files were corrupt (although only got that message after the first time) or just some failure but most likely human error at some point :music_whistling:.

In any case, I have it working now and looking forward to jumping back into the cockpit and moving some mud. Been a while...since FC2 since I flew jets.

Bring on the pain of humiliation learning this beast :book:

Thanks again folks.

Whiskey