DCS World vs Stand Alone A10c

I'm not sure what to make of DCS World. I've owned DCS A10c for a year or so. When DCS World is released, must I buy that and re-buy the A10 module?

Is there any information on a release date for DCS World?

Thanks.

DCS World is free and, as you said, you already own A-10 so there is nothing you will need to purchase. Your current A-10 license will work on the existing beta A-10 and DCS World does not require a key.

There is currently no date for release of DCS World.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can already get it here:

A-10C Warthog and Black Shark 2 Beta Modules (1.1.2.1) for DCS: World

Open betas of A-10C Warthog (1.1.2.1) and Black Shark 2 (1.1.2.1) modules for DCS: World are released. Download links can be found at the bottom of the download pages, right before BitTorrent files.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/a_10c_warthog_and_black_shark_2_modules_for_dcs_world/

Prior to installing the modules, you must first have DCS World installed. You may download from here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=18&end_pos=135&lang=en

If you already have DCS World installed, you can update from here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/patches/dcs-world_patch_1.1.2.1_en/

Please note that the open beta of Black Shark 2 module is only for the standalone version. Serial numbers of the upgrade version will not work. The module of Black Shark 2 upgrade version will be released later after release of the final versions of the modules.

Installation steps:

1- Install DCS World (from P-51 install up update)

2- Install A-10C module 1.1.2.1

3- Install BS2 full module 1.1.2.1

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

So, should I officially abandon the stand alone A10c? and move to DCS World?

I've got a buddy who has the Steam version, can we fly together, or must he migrate to DCS World also?

Thanks!

You must be using the same version-number to be able to fly online, yes.

MP and data from one PC to another relies on having the same format - and it changes a bit between versions.

So your buddie and can choose to stay on the old version.

Or both of you gents of can choose use DCS World. (The serial is the requirement for using DCS A10C - not steam vs DVD vs downloads).

Or both - you can keep a separate install of the old version - and install DCS World in another directory.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

you can install both and play both. I am with verry little problems. most of the problems are with the world and not the stand alone A-10C.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Do I need to uninstall A-10C version 1.1.1.1 first? Is it OK to just install World and then apply the 1.1.2.1 beta module?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

Do I need to uninstall A-10C version 1.1.1.1 first? Is it OK to just install World and then apply the 1.1.2.1 beta module?

No, and Yes. They occupy their own space on your disk drive, have their own startup folders, icons and save game folders. It will even see your activation key in the registry. You can fly one in the morning and the other in the evening if you so desire. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No, and Yes. They occupy their own space on your disk drive, have their own startup folders, icons and save game folders. It will even see your activation key in the registry. You can fly one in the morning and the other in the evening if you so desire. ;)

That's great to know. Does it share the same config settings with the stand alone version? I hate it if I have to reconfigure everything again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

Each got its own config folder. Take a look at your users-folder. And it is not advised to copy the standalone config over the world config, as there are some new keyboard commands, that would be inoperable if overwritten.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it got tits or wings, it makes you trouble!!

• 1 year later...
wrong patch politic - a 10 my last sim from dcs

You came here, to make this one, your first post, not in order to get help, but to say that you don't like the way this sim is patched?

The support and patches to this sim are exemplary.

If you're having trouble installing or misunderstood the software's structure, then ask!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

what is the dcs world ?

is there anything beside , what i have already in the a 10 standalone version ?

Well... since you asked...

DCS World comprises the new structure for all DCS sims. DCS World contains the core files, while all extra aircraft are modules which are installed on top.

The end result is one single GUI for all aircraft, regardless of how few or many you own.

This ensures all DCS aircraft can interact in multiplayer. Also, since you were talking about patches, this means all of the aircraft can be patched at once in each patch if needed.

If all of the sims were stand-alone, they would need to make a patch for each single one. This would also mean, that some older titles might be neglected and no longer get updates.

With this system, each aircraft stays fresh, a valuable part of DCS World, that will be updated and benefit from engine and graphics changes over years to come.

Your A-10C serial will work with the A-10C DCS World module, so there's really nothing to complain about.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat