DCS Login Multiplayer Crash SOLUTION!

Michaelc136

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and at least 2 times a week I can't login to multiplayer. As soon as I connect to master I get an application crash. Try again an hour or two later and all seems fixed. It's happening right now. Running as admin doesn't solve it for me unfortunately.

Havent had this problem before, but today I crash every time I try login.

Got administrator activated, but even manual start as administrator didn't work.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

I think ED have changed something recently, I've been away for about a week and haven't changed anything

server side or client side. Pre 1.2.0 I paid for two A10c product keys with my account, I put one on the server

and the other on my gaming PC and that always worked well, I could have the server running a10c multiplayer

and I could have my PC running a10c multiplayer. When DCSW was lunched I could still run both in multiplayer no

problems, I only paid for CA once and put that on my gaming PC and could still have both server and PC running

multiplayer at the same time.

now Im back after being away for a week, I checked that the server is running, I then launch DCSW multiplayer on my PC

and get this message.

"DCS has stopped working"

I though that was odd so I stopped the server and then launched DCSW on my PC sure enough it would start, so then I tried

starting the server and got the same message "DCS has stopped working" on the server.

My server is a dedicated server at a data center so it's not on LAN. ( [OCB] Server)

Can one of the ED people confirm that something has been changed on the "Master Server" or not.

Do I now need to pay for CA and put that on the server as well?

Maybe there is a thread I have missed that explains all of this? If someone could point me in the right direction that

would be great.

BB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ASUS Rampage II Extreme, i7 930@4.2GHz, Water cooled, 6GB G.Skill Trident DDR3 1600, RevoDrive3 X2 240GB, ATI 7970, Antek 1000w, Sony 46", HP TouchScreen, Helios, TIR 5, TM Warthog, CH Rudder Pedals, Win 7 64.

I'm sure you can read through this thread and find some solutions that others have tried that fixed their individual problem, but no "real" (I use the term lightly) has been found. At this point, I am sure ED is aware of the issue. My suggestion would be quit completely out of the program, both client and server, and restart them. This fixed MY problem.

Only real suggestion I can give you would be to just keep trying till it works and pray there is a fix for it in the next build :)

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

My suggestion would be quit completely out of the program, both client and server, and restart them. This fixed MY problem.

Hi BF,

Yeah I tried that unfortunately that didn't work

now Im back after being away for a week, I checked that the server is running, I then launch DCSW multiplayer on my PC

and get this message.

"DCS has stopped working"

I though that was odd so I stopped the server and then launched DCSW on my PC sure enough it would start, so then I tried

starting the server and got the same message "DCS has stopped working" on the server.

That tells me that the master server is seeing my server and gaming PC has the same product key, witch they do not.

I'll swap product keys no my gaming PC and report back.

Edit: Hmmm yeah I think the old master server is playing tricks, I just did the old " To force activation dialogue to appear hold down Shift button on keyboard and then launch multiplayer game shortcut." and swapped out keys and then put the same key back in and hey presto I could have my serve and PC both running multiplayer.

There's no rhyme or reason for all of this, ED I have to ask WHAT IS GOING ON MAN!

BB

To force activation dialogue to appear hold down Shift button on keyboard and then launch multiplayer game shortcut.

Edited by BigBlack
update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ASUS Rampage II Extreme, i7 930@4.2GHz, Water cooled, 6GB G.Skill Trident DDR3 1600, RevoDrive3 X2 240GB, ATI 7970, Antek 1000w, Sony 46", HP TouchScreen, Helios, TIR 5, TM Warthog, CH Rudder Pedals, Win 7 64.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Master server down?

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | Intel Core i7 920@3.8GHz| OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB | 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 | EVGA GTX 780| Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit | Thrustmaster Warthog #00307 | Saitek Pro Flight pedals |Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's | 30" Dell monitor (2560X1600)

• ED Team

It will not be a solution

many have tried and failed

just got to wait for DCS to do something about this massive problem

we are on page 12 at the moment

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92610&page=12

page 16 here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1537930#post1537930

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hmm... I'm not the only one at the moment? I repeat myself from another thread:

I noticed that this might not be a master server problem. After loading up MP before login press cancel, choose source "HISTORY" or "LAN" but NOT "INTERNET" then login. It won't crash. You can even connect via IP. It crash only when loading the servers list... Maybe this happens when someone's server name uses strange letters, signs or else...?

Poko24,

That was the first thing I tried but it won't let you connect via lan or ip until it connects to the master server.

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | Intel Core i7 920@3.8GHz| OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB | 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 | EVGA GTX 780| Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit | Thrustmaster Warthog #00307 | Saitek Pro Flight pedals |Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's | 30" Dell monitor (2560X1600)

Workaround:

When you first start DCS world multiplayer, click CANCEL instead of CONNECT.

Then change the source in the top right from "INTERNET" to "HISTORY" (or "LAN").

Then Click "login" in top right. You can now connect by IP to your favourite server.

Explanation: It's crashing when it tries to refresh the master list of servers (don't know why but I'm going to say poor programming).

Doing the above means it doesnt refresh the master list of servers.

Workaround:

When you first start DCS world multiplayer, click CANCEL instead of CONNECT.

Then change the source in the top right from "INTERNET" to "HISTORY" (or "LAN").

Then Click "login" in top right. You can now connect by IP to your favourite server.

Explanation: It's crashing when it tries to refresh the master list of servers (don't know why but I'm going to say poor programming).

Doing the above means it doesnt refresh the master list of servers.

Hmm... I'm not the only one at the moment? I repeat myself from another thread:

The problem is, this "solution" does not work, for the majority of people at the very least. It seems it is not possible to connect via IP unless you've seen the server list first. And every time most people (or all people) switch from LAN to Internet while this problem is occurring, they CTD immediately. :(

Likewise, running DCS as administrator will not solve this issue, but it might solve other issues. In general, running DCS as administrator is a good idea, and it's probably one of the first things you should do when having problems with the game. IMO, you should do it BEFORE you have any problems with the game :)

• Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I know this is weird and shouldnt fix things, but it does.

Inyour multiplayer options, switch your connection speed to LAN or the highest available option ther, but I think its lan connection.

Its weird, btu it has stopped a lot of people from crashing mid game or getting kicked, etc n so forth.

I know this is weird and shouldnt fix things, but it does.

Inyour multiplayer options, switch your connection speed to LAN or the highest available option ther, but I think its lan connection.

Its weird, btu it has stopped a lot of people from crashing mid game or getting kicked, etc n so forth.

Yes, that's the work-around for the connection interrupted/disconnection/warping issues in multiplayer. Obviously, it is not applicable to the crash on connection to master server issue.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Lua scripts and mods:

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

In general, running DCS as administrator is a good idea, and it's probably one of the first things you should do when having problems with the game. IMO, you should do it BEFORE you have any problems with the game :)

Never install programs/games/sims into "Program Files" that way your PC will do what you tell it to do. ;)

The problem is, this "solution" does not work, for the majority of people at the very least. It seems it is not possible to connect via IP unless you've seen the server list first. And every time most people (or all people) switch from LAN to Internet while this problem is occurring, they CTD immediately. :(

It works perfectly for me. I think you are doing it wrong, you don't need to go back to the internet / server list, just click "connect to IP" from LAN.

It works perfectly for me. I think you are doing it wrong, you don't need to go back to the internet / server list, just click "connect to IP" from LAN.

No, that doesn't work.

I cannot connect to a server through direct IP, unless I have seen the server list first. It will try for a little bit then tell me "can't connect".

Lua scripts and mods:

The same problem for me. Crash every time I try login to mp. I have spent hours yestearday searching this forum and trying everything, but to no avail. Very frustrating to see a product I payed for simply does not work...

I'm not following all the threads so I do not have the complete pictures of this problem(s).

This is "Very frustrating to see a product I payed for simply does not work..." I agree.

I don't think a quick fix going to solve this problem(s), do that LAN etc.. click here etc..is not the path to go.

I got all the sim's since the Flanker will get all the next ones. Don't get me wrong.

Maybe it's time for some more info from DCS regarding status Please?

All the best.

• ED Team

It is frustrating and ED has acknowledged the problem, with a promise to fix for the next patch

when that is is anyone's guess,

what I do know is it is putting a lot of dedicated followers and new members off.

lets hope we don't have to wait to long.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is frustrating and ED has acknowledged the problem, with a promise to fix for the next patch

when that is is anyone's guess,

what I do know is it is putting a lot of dedicated followers and new members off.

lets hope we don't have to wait to long.

Thanks and copy

• 2 weeks later...