how to learn aerobatic maneuvers?

wolle

Uncoordinated maneuvers (spins, lomcovak etc.) are not going to help you learn flying, are to be avoided at all costs during combat flights and normal operation and will teach you bad habits so learn these last.

Above all, step on the ball!

A snap roll works very well for use in BFM. It's very easy to force an overshoot when fighting the AI.

'Frett'

I found these on the:

"The Official YouTube page of the 74th vfs 'The Flying Tigers'

Training College - Flight Lesson 2 - Aileron Roll

Training College - Flight Lesson 3 - Split S

Training College - Flight Lesson 4 - Immelmann

Training College - Flight Lesson 5 - Half Cuban

Training College - Flight Lesson 5 - Cuban '8'

I had a lot of fun with these, not to difficult but nice to perform.:joystick:

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

well ive tried and tried and can not lomcovak this p51. just too much weight i think. anyone else tried ?

also uploading a video of me patheticly trying it. but not sure if i had some axis issues cause i couldnt seem to do any of the moves i usually try(not that im proficient) anyway might as well show it.

also that new sound mod doesnt do the p51 any good at all.

vid soon. best watched on youtube website itself.

edit: hate those air/wind aoa sounds on that mod.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The AI is a tard. And what are you doing letting him get behind you anyway! :)

The AI never stalls. Can start a loop with 150 kts initial speed, 10 kts at the top while still maintaing a high angular velocity. No wonder. But it is very easy to make them overshoot you.

'Frett'

Ok, basics just in two words:

aileron roll - 200 mph and more IAS, nose up 20 deg. stick full left/right. The most hard is to stop - you must apply a shot of opposite stick to nail it to the horison.

barrel roll - 300 and more, nose up 30 and more degreees depending on altitude, pull stick to 1.5-2g and roll the plane holding the AoA (stick longitudal position).

Looping - 320-350 IAS, gently pull the stick to 4-6 g then hold it. As you at the top IAS must be not less 140. Apply necessary amount of right rudder to keep the ball centered and a touch of rigt stick to maintain wing level.

Immelman - 350 IAS, and perform an aileron roll as the nose was 20 deg over horison when the plane is inverted.

Wingover - zoom 60-70 degree, when the IAS is 150 bank the plane to 90 deg. Wait for the nose dropped 40-50 deg then proceed rolling the plane in the same direction and pull the stick to get reverse direction.

Half of a Cuban Eight - perform 5/8 of a loop, stop pulling the stick and let the plane fly sraight inverted at 45 deg to the ground. Then roll it 180 deg and you are diving at 45 deg wheels down. Recover from diving or get the altitude you began the loop and perform the second half of a Cuban eight.

All this aerobatics is better to perform at the unarmed plane having 33% of fuel . 42-46" 2700 rpm will be perfect all the way.

Yo-Yo.. Don't give me a fish to eat, tell me how to catch fish... Your source for ^ please...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 weeks later...
well ive tried and tried and can not lomcovak this p51. just too much weight i think. anyone else tried ?

also uploading a video of me patheticly trying it. but not sure if i had some axis issues cause i couldnt seem to do any of the moves i usually try(not that im proficient) anyway might as well show it.

also that new sound mod doesnt do the p51 any good at all.

vid soon. best watched on youtube website itself.

edit: hate those air/wind aoa sounds on that mod.

Hi Ali Fish!... Nice Video! It might work better if you try turning off Rudder assist and Turn off Game mode..... j/k I think? Ha!

Not sure why anyone would want to do a lomcovak...

Death Wish?

I love the sound mod...but your right...doesn't do anything for the Mustang... I may for go it with the next patch...

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hi Ali Fish!... Nice Video! It might work better if you try turning off Rudder assist and Turn off Game mode..... j/k I think? Ha!

Not sure why anyone would want to do a lomcovak...

Death Wish?

I love the sound mod...but your right...doesn't do anything for the Mustang... I may for go it with the next patch...

you are partially correct megohm, i realised i did have rudder assist on as i was testing it with the wind . but game mode! thats blasphemy lol!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Track down a copy of Flight Unlimited -- it runs great in DOS Box. The sim is all about aerobatics, and has an extensive training component that gives guided lessons on pretty much every aerobatic maneuver, some of which are blisteringly hard to pull off successfully.

Looking Glass Studios made both of my two favorite non-sim games of all time. When I discovered (much later) that they'd made a flight sim, I was surprised. I'm still curious--how was the flight model? I heard it was pretty good for its time.