Old Hippie needs a little help...

FFOman

I've been reading posts on this forum for a couple days now while waiting to get posting permissions and from what I've read so far it looks as if you all have made this a good place to ask questions and meet other players. And even though I had a lot of experiance with Micropose's Falcon F4 in past years, this Hog sim has a steep learning curve!

My first question has to do with applying updates and patches to version 1.1.1.1 as bought via Steam. Normally I would merely wait until they got around to handling this automatically whenever you connected to their server, and usually they are pretty quick about it. This time they have not been! I've heard from a couple people that I can actually apply changes with updated files here, but none of these told me how! If I can update from DCS files, please tell me who, what, where, when, and if there are any special needs or problems that I must watch out for.

Im using a Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X joystick system with this sim. By default only two controls on the detachable throttle controller out of 7, including the rocker swith and throttle itself are bound. So if anyone has a good script setup for this sim and Joystick combo, or if by experiance they can advise me on the best bindings to setup for each control it would really help me get up to speed...and I can't wait to join an MP mission!

Finally, at least for now, can anyone here suggest a good squad or clan to hook up with?

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Business e-mail: TanDesign@comcast.net Gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

Games I Play: DCS World, FreeSpace 2, Star Citizen, F1 2015, Chess.

FFOman's World Blog: Coming Soon!ttp://ffomansworldblog.wordpress.com/

Hello FFOman.

Regarding the patches, I have the download version but I'll make the educated guess that You only have to run the application to register. After that You can go here for the DCS World 1.2.0 http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?ProductId=21&end_pos=137&scr=product&lang=en

Here for DCS A10C

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=136&lang=en

Be adviced the Multiplayer code is bugged and sometimes is dificult to login with master server. It's expected that in the next weeks this will be solved with the next version of DCS World.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

welcome to the farm, 1. use your code key and get all your files from ED (DCS) Right here in the download section,2. that stick will be just fine if you look a rd there maybe a stic file out there. 3. get team speak jump on a server ask if you can jump in and give a hand most folks around here will help you out all you need to do is ask...5x5..:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

On the steam issue,sorry but you want get farther updates from 1.1.1.1 .If you want to be up to date you must use your steam key to download the game from DCS page and then download DCS world and installed the last version.As far as i know STEAM is not including DCS world compability nor will do in the future.

With respect to squads there are a lot out there,maybe if you tell us where are you from someone

could point you to squads that normally fly in your GMT.

Good luck and welcome :).

Sniped.

^^^

Yes, while waiting for responses here, jump in with some TS Server. Normally, the guys which will be there are the ones that will be more helpful :)

Go for the 104th, the 51st PVO or the 74th TS server.

Here for the V Squadrons

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34062

Edited by Xpto

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I understand correctly...?

So the gist of the many replies is that I can use the Key for my Steam version of A-10C to download the highest available full-game version on the DCS downloads page. Delete my Steam version. Install the DCS version. Then I download the DCS World application and install it. Then whenever I run the Sim it will automatically install any new patched?

I'll try giving it a shot right now and will let all know how it works. Thanx.

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Install the DCS version. Then I download the DCS World application and install it. Then whenever I run the Sim it will automatically install any new patched?

The DCS version and the DCS World application are the same thing (I think, depending on what you are talking about). You need DCS World and the A-10 module (the current version for both is 1.2.0).

There is no automatic patching. The devs are working on one but it does not exist in any form at this time. You can expect an update around the end of this month and you will have to download and install it manually.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think I should ask this before I start deleting files! <g> Should I install the new game files from DCS to the Steam directory or a new non-Steam directory? If installing to the Steam directory, do I delete the old files or just allow them to be overwritten?

So let me try to help...

The old stand alone versions of DCS A10 is not going to be updated any more.

All the aircraft are now modules that plug into DCS World. (Combined Arms for ground vehicles)

So you want to download and install DCS World. It is free and comes with the SU-25T built in.

Then you download and install the A10 version the plugs into DCS World. So keep in mind the plugin version is not the same as the stand alone version.

You don't need to buy A10 again. You will use the activation from the stand alone version.

The idea is that you are not putting this under STEAM. DCS World is not a part of STEAM and wont activate through STEAM. The install will be separate from STEAM.

I'm not a STEAM user so I can't help much with your activation code part. Maybe somebody who is will jump in.

I think I should ask this before I start deleting files! <g> Should I install the new game files from DCS to the Steam directory or a new non-Steam directory? If installing to the Steam directory, do I delete the old files or just allow them to be overwritten?

Install in either the default directory that the installer chooses or in some other directory of your choosing. DO NOT install it inside Steam.

Deleting the Steam files will have no effect either way, other than cleaning up some disk space.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What Paganus said. You should install dcs world to it's own, separate folder/directory. You can easily install both steam version and dcs world/a10c plugin, and run whichever one you wish.

As others have stated here, installing to the non-standard folder (ie, install outside of windows/program files folders), will allow you to utilize mods more easily.

Argh! Another patch problem!

Ok, so i downloaded the latest module for A-10C. It's filename is: A-10C_1.2.0.63205.exe which is the same file under the link to access the latest download version. Then I grabbed the DCS World file group which says it must be installed before the the module but it also has the same filename as the other two! Very confusing!

So please just tell me the answers to my last post on this question, and then if I've got it right as per this message.

Again, Thanx

Hey! Thanx to you're great patience with me I think I got it! I'll simply leave the Steam version as it is, Install the latest DCS world application somewhere else, and then install the latest module file on top of that!

FFOman,

Let me know if you need any assistance with this. I also bought my copy via steam and then downloaded the normal files from DCS website directly and used my key from the steam purchase for a-10c. So I can assist if needed.

Also let me know if your ever looking for someone to fly online with. Always up for a game!

For a Steam purchase, the most reliable way (at least, from what I've heard, and this worked flawlessly for me) is;

1. Install the Steam version.

2. Run the Steam version once. This will activate it for your computer.

3. Install DCS World 1.2

4. Install the latest A-10c module for DCS World.

5. Run DCS World

6. Run a mission in World in the A-10c.

7. Don't uninstall A-10c from Steam. Just leave it there :)