Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

Since currently Aim120 in DCS picks target in lookdown tail chase at ~15-19km with 70 times smaller antenna area and much less powerful emitter... so ether Sukhoi is underpowered, or Aim120 is overpowered.... or probably both...

... or missiles have zero RF simulation. It has nothing to do with over/under-powered.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

А в чем нереалистичность того что имеем сейчас?

В дальности захвата вдогон на фоне земли. 20 км - это, конечно, типичная заявляемая дальность обнаружения цели гсн ракеты, но такие заявляемые дальности относятся к захвату в лоб и на фоне неба, никак не в зпс на фоне земли

• ED Team

В дальности захвата вдогон на фоне земли. 20 км - это, конечно, типичная заявляемая дальность обнаружения цели гсн ракеты, но такие заявляемые дальности относятся к захвату в лоб и на фоне неба, никак не в зпс на фоне земли

Откуда взялась цифра в 20 км?

Дальность захвата активной ГСН в DCS = 15 км.

Что касается уменьшения дальности захвата в ЗПC, то хотелка такая есть. Дойдут руки - сделаем.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
На счет ракет, это конечно будет хорошо в будущем... но хоть на данный момент поправите реализацию радаров Су и Миг ?

Да, поправим.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team

And the F-15 radar? It has its own threat but I believe good documentation was provided.

Please remind me of the issue.

• ED Team

On the topic of Avionics briefly whats ED's opinion on allowing the SPO-15 to be reprogrammable through a kneeboard on the ground so that certain threats can be displayed differently?

The current implementation is quite different from the original device. We have plans to remake SPO-15 more realistic, but this is not yet a time-urgent task. No reprogramming is planned.

Please remind me of the issue.

No problem, email with documents sent. The current radar implementation significantly under-performs the tested values in that document.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The current implementation is quite different from the original device. We have plans to remake SPO-15 more realistic, but this is not yet a time-urgent task. No reprogramming is planned.

Why is reprogramming not planned? Is it because it was not part of the system or some other reason?

How about other FC3 Aircrafts? Could the Eagle get the EEGS gun funnel perhaps? iirc they've had them since about 1988 and your manuals list it as having an APG-63v1 (plus the ability to use 120C5s and 120Bs)

How about the Radar on the Eagle as well? Do you plan to use some estimates based of APG-63 baseline numbers to get near APG-63v1 estimated performance based of what Eagle SMEs can say? Or will it get 70s radar performance, that would be quite an anachronism

How about other FC3 Aircrafts? Could the Eagle get the EEGS gun funnel perhaps? iirc they've had them since about 1988 and your manuals list it as having an APG-63v1 (plus the ability to use 120C5s and 120Bs)

They don't have any sort of EEGS funnel at all. They have the LCOS, which uses more or less the same sight that you have in it now, but without the radar director.

How about the Radar on the Eagle as well? Do you plan to use some estimates based of APG-63 baseline numbers to get near APG-63v1 estimated performance based of what Eagle SMEs can say? Or will it get 70s radar performance, that would be quite an anachronism

It's less than baseline performance now. It doesn't need to be much better than baseline, if they matched the baseline performance it would be fine.

But anyway, we're a bit OT from the topic of this thread which in theory should be about missiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Why is reprogramming not planned? Is it because it was not part of the system or some other reason?

Because there was no programming. SPO-15 is an analog device.

• Like 1

They don't have any sort of EEGS funnel at all. They have the LCOS, which uses more or less the same sight that you have in it now, but without the radar director.

It's less than baseline performance now. It doesn't need to be much better than baseline, if they matched the baseline performance it would be fine.

But anyway, we're a bit OT from the topic of this thread which in theory should be about missiles.

I see, I think I have a 1-34 on an F-15C some where but I based the assumption on this; 'The All Aspect Gun sight: Returning Short Range Efficiency to the F-15'

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a192615.pdf

I see, I think I have a 1-34 on an F-15C some where but I based the assumption on this; 'The All Aspect Gun sight: Returning Short Range Efficiency to the F-15'

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a192615.pdf

Yep, the radar directed gunsight is the eagle's all-aspect gunsight. It was evern equipped with an automatic trigger at some point, so it would allowyou to do fun stuff like take perfectly times snapshots (or not fire at all) and supersonic head-on shots etc. It was never implemented because I figure it may as well trigger on a piece of chaff etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

26.11.2020 в 18:14, GGTharos сказал:

I ran the radar equation tuned based on a known radar, then reduced the aperture appropriately for a 5" dish and of course the radiated power down to 250W ... obviously the most educated part of this whole thing is the dish size, as we don't know anything else at all about the sensor - it only assumes a similar technology level, a guess at the gain (similar technology level, so similar gain) and radiated power and assumes similar minimum detectable signal.

In any case, this computes down to a 1m^2 target detection at 15.5km, 3m^2 at 20.5km, and 5m^3 at 23.5km, and this corresponds relatively well to the reported 13nm husky/go-active range (initial HRPF search and acquisition before switching to MPRF - pitbull)

and in the rear hemisphere, what will be the indicators for the detection range of such a radar?

4 hours ago, Hoarfrost said:

and in the rear hemisphere, what will be the indicators for the detection range of such a radar?

This is based on one simple assumption:  That the rear hemisphere range reduction is as much as it is in the big radars (it may not be, these things are not necessarily linear):  Then for the 5m^2 you would have a rear range of about  9km, for 1m^2 about 6km.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Увидел в последних новостях о доработках ракет. Поэтому  решил вставить свои пять копеек. Несколько лет назад купил модуль С-101 и вот, наконец сподобился его освоить. Ну и обнаружил неправильную работу ракеты Sea Eagle. В игре она движется в сторону цели, в полутора километрах от неё делает горку и атакует в палубу. На самом деле эта ракета работает по другому. Вообще, в 1992 году она стоила 750 000 долларов, по нынешним ценам более миллиона. Соответственно и возможности у неё больше. Если на самолёте установлено соответствующее оборудование, то целеуказание ракета получает от него, может получать информацию о цели от ДРЛО. В случае с такими простыми и дешёвыми самолётами как С-101, в ракету могут заноситься предполагаемые координаты цели ещё на земле. Самолёт всего лишь доставляет её ближе, чтоб ракете хватило топлива для атаки и пускает, далее её ведёт инерциальная система. В точке, которую заранее запрограммировали, ракета делает горку до ста метров и включает ГСН. С этой высоты, достаточно большую цель, ракета может обнаружить на расстоянии до тридцати километров. Обнаружив, мозг ракеты определяет направление, куда движется цель и её скорость. Вычисляет предположительное место встречи, перенастраивает инерциальную систему, отключает ГСН, разворачивается на новый курс и снова "ныряет". В 15 - 18 км от рассчитанной точки рандеву снова включает ГСН и теперь уже движется к цели как обычная ракета с самонаведением и бьёт корабль в борт. Голова у ракеты полубронебойная. Какую толщину борта она может пробить, вот этого не знаю. Противоторпедный пояс военного корабля точно не пробьёт, борт баржи точно пробьёт если пробила, то  там и взрывается. Вообще, ракета может ещё много чего, не даром она такая дорогая. 
Инфа взята отсюда.
https://ru.qaz.wiki/wiki/Sea_Eagle_(missile)

Edited by Shturmak

03.12.2020 в 18:20, GGTharos сказал:

This is based on one simple assumption:  That the rear hemisphere range reduction is as much as it is in the big radars (it may not be, these things are not necessarily linear):  Then for the 5m^2 you would have a rear range of about  9km, for 1m^2 about 6km

Получается что если самолёт перестал давать целеуказание ракете на расстоянии 20км до цели, она 5 км пролетит по инерции в том направлении где последний раз была цель, ( а радар в ракете 120С всегда активен и работает постоянно в режиме автозахвата или нужно чтобы в процессе наведения сработал режим питбуль?) и если цель отвернула и встала задней полусферой к ракете в другом направлении она ее не увидит и ракета опять летит в том же направлении  что летела? Т.е если пустить ракету за 20 км и отвернуть не дождавшись автозахвата, а цель так же отвернула  ,120с не должна за нее цепляется не сблизившись на 10 км и лететь по своим алгоритмам приблизительно туда где должна быть цель если бы она не маневрировала. 

Yes, what you are thinking of is correct, but not modeled in DCS.    I will say again that it is important that my calculations assume that the reduction of ranges in linear based on the size/power of the radar, which may not be true.  You don't need to triger anything for AMRAAM - it decides how to fly and activate the radar by itself, unlike say, Phoenix.

Also, if a missile is launched at say, 20km and acquires the target when the target is beginning to turn, this may be more stable than search mode - this means that a missile which has already locked on might not just 'lose' the target at the specified ranges.   But, I don't know if this is true or not 🙂 

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

05.12.2020 в 19:21, Hoarfrost сказал:

Получается что если самолёт перестал давать целеуказание ракете на расстоянии 20км до цели, она 5 км пролетит по инерции в том направлении где последний раз была цель, ( а радар в ракете 120С всегда активен и работает постоянно в режиме автозахвата или нужно чтобы в процессе наведения сработал режим питбуль?) и если цель отвернула и встала задней полусферой к ракете в другом направлении она ее не увидит и ракета опять летит в том же направлении  что летела? Т.е если пустить ракету за 20 км и отвернуть не дождавшись автозахвата, а цель так же отвернула  ,120с не должна за нее цепляется не сблизившись на 10 км и лететь по своим алгоритмам приблизительно туда где должна быть цель если бы она не маневрировала. 

Так она и не цепляет. Если не дождавшись включения АРГСН сбросить сопровождение, стодвадцадка наерняка уйдет в молоко. Только дистанции  для нее даются в морских милях, а не в километрах.

No, it will not surely go into the milk.   First, lets assume the missile can reach the aircraft that turned around (if it cannot, then this discussion does not matter).

Then, the geometry must be such that the evading aircraft ends up outside of the 120's capture basket in order for the 120 to miss.  If the 120 can reach the aircraft and all the aircraft does is turn 180 degrees away from the 120, it will eventually find its target.

Realistically, a 120 that is not supported is more vulnerable to countermeasures as well, although this is not modeled in DCS for any missile as far as I know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Вопрос, откуда у нашей аим-9Х такая нечувствительность к помехам? Типа да, там ГСН в жизни запоминает изображение цели, но на любой дальности кроме как "в упор" видеть цель она будет просто как горячую точку без каких-либо очертаний и форм. ЛТЦ при этом она будет видеть точно такими же точками, а посему и вопрос - откуда такая нечувствительность?

37 минут назад, TotenDead сказал:

Вопрос, откуда у нашей аим-9Х такая нечувствительность к помехам? Типа да, там ГСН в жизни запоминает изображение цели, но на любой дальности кроме как "в упор" видеть цель она будет просто как горячую точку без каких-либо очертаний и форм. ЛТЦ при этом она будет видеть точно такими же точками, а посему и вопрос - откуда такая нечувствительность?

Подкручено для натобоев

• Like 1

I7-8700K 4,7Ghz, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming EDGE AC , 32 Gb Ram DDR4 Hyper X, RTX 2080

1 час назад, TotenDead сказал:

Ничего удивительного, горячий движок имеет куда больший размер чем ЛТЦ, матричная ГСН дает цифровую картинку, далее по пикселям считается. В современных вариантах может уже изображение обрабатывают через нейросеть.

5950X / G.Skill 16GBx2 @3800MHz cl16 / PowerColor Red Devil RX 6800 XT / SSD 980Pro 1TB / LG 27GL850 144Hz / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog