Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

Hello, is there a way to look at missile seekers and types on what we have in DCS?

Next, does our R-27ER have the R-300 or R-300E motor.

Is there a clear plan as to when the R-77 will come to new API and when R-73L (RMD-2) that was said it would be added some time ago be added?

Last would 73M be possible in near future?

• Thanks 2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Hello, is there a way to look at missile seekers and types on what we have in DCS?

No.

Next, does our R-27ER have the R-300 or R-300E motor.

РДТТ-300Э

Is there a clear plan as to when the R-77 will come to new API and when R-73L (RMD-2) that was said it would be added some time ago be added?

R-77 is in line for development. 

Last would 73M be possible in near future?

I don't know what is 73M

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

15 hours ago, Chizh said:

I don't know what is 73M

I was thinking of one of the newer R-73 variants some are R-73L/EL, R-73 (RMD-2), RVV-MD (R-74/73M??? I'm unsure of this designation).

R-73L/EL: Laser proximity fuse. Same Performance with new fuse.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

R-73 (RMD-2), RVV-MD (Upgraded RMD-2): Launch range increased to 40km while still using same motor (some sources say) to save pilots time of switching from medium to short range weapons.

Screenshot (167).png

Screenshot (168).png

The development of the GOS was carried out by the Kiev PA "Arsenal" (chief designer - A.V. Molody) on a competitive basis with the NPO "Geophysics" (Moscow). PA "Arsenal" was developed a compact and all-angle seeker "Mayak" / OGS MK-80 (RMD-2). The Mayak GOS also implements new effective measures to combat natural and artificial interference. Along with the appropriate choice of the sensitivity range of the photodetector, pulse-time signal modulation was used in the GOS equipment, a digital signal processing unit with several independent channels was introduced. To increase efficiency by hitting more vulnerable and important elements of the target, guidance was applied to a point shifted forward in relation to the nozzle of the engine of the target aircraft. Under this seeker, the original version of the K-73 missile was redesigned.

The homing head of the RMD-2 missile variant has increased noise immunity against IR counteraction and is built on a digital element base, which makes it easy to reprogram tracking and interception algorithms. Improved attack capabilities for low-flying targets. It is with the R-73 RMD-2 missile that a maneuver is possible with the launch of the missile into the rear hemisphere of the carrier, and it is possible to attack the enemy's air-to-air missiles (ignore rear launch bits, just wanted to post full thing)

The RVV-MD short-range air-to-air guided missile | Rosoboronexport Catalogue (roe.ru)

Р-73 / РВВ-МД - АA-11 ARCHER | MilitaryRussia.Ru — отечественная военная техника (после 1945г.)

Please correct me with articles and sources of your own if you find any wrong information guys.

Edited by FlankerFan35
  • Like 3

• ED Team

We know about RVV-MD almost nothing, except a few general digits.

R-73RMD2 already presented with radio proximity fuse. We do not modelling laser fuse in the DCS, so it option isn't have a sence at present time.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
15 minutes ago, tavarish palkovnik said:

May I ask for a source of SD-10 (PL-12) motor specifications used in DCS, 57,6kg and 11,6kg, 6 and 4 seconds, 242/236s

You should ask to Deka developers.

15 minutes ago, tavarish palkovnik said:

By the way, РДТТ Р-300Э, I never found any reliable document that motor had or has this designation 

There was some documents about R-27 in the internet some years ago. But its appear that all those sources deleted now.

4 hours ago, Chizh said:

We know about RVV-MD almost nothing, except a few general digits.

R-73RMD2 already presented with radio proximity fuse. We do not modelling laser fuse in the DCS, so it option isn't have a sence at present time.

Thanks for info,

Does this mean R-73 (RMD-2) is in works and will be added in near future? and just asking is laser fuse something you are looking to add in coming years?

Edited by FlankerFan35

• ED Team

Why do you need a laser fuse?

• ED Team
51 minutes ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

I think this is just a cosmetic option in DCS. 73L model is already in the game so it's a few .lua lines to implement it on the FC3 jets. Enough people have asked for it.

We have a bunch of other more important tasks.

44 minutes ago, FlankerFan35 said:

I don't just curious why DCS can't implement it, maybe in vulcan?, more interested in seeing RMD-2

What do you want from RMD2?

8 hours ago, Chizh said:

What do you want from RMD2?

1. More capable weaponry for 27/29

2. Current 73 is 19 years older than 9X, RMD-2 adds greater cm resistance giving new life to Flanker/29 as we can't receive newer 27/29 variants. Obviously, this is not your fault.

3. With modules like the F-15E/Eurofighter (w meteor) on the horizon the current models of 27S/29S will be decimated in about every way which is accurate, however since in a real life scenario they would be fighting Flankers with R-77-1/PL-12 (J-11) and you guys can't do a 27SM, 30SM, MiG-29M/K/35 yet the least I think can be done is for the 27S/29S (incl Su-33) to get the best of what their generation carried in real life e.g., 73 RMD-2 so at least they remain somewhat playable, otherwise there is only JF-17 as capable gen 4 red. Some features are already present such as R-300E motor on 27ER as you said.

4. Choice is cool and as rudimentary as FC3 is, the 27/29 are iconic aircraft and should not be left out to dry.

Obviously, a full 27/29S would be 1000% better but I think we can work with what we have with smaller additions like RMD-2 etc until complex modules can be made or something wild and crazy like FC3 type 27SM/30SM/J-11B happens. I want that as little as you do to be honest but I'd rather that than nothing long term. There are mods of course but these are inaccurate and being primarily a multiplayer server guy, I'm interested in stuff that can be used in this capacity.

• Like 5

• ED Team
On 8/28/2022 at 8:17 AM, FlankerFan35 said:

1. More capable weaponry for 27/29

2. Current 73 is 19 years older than 9X, RMD-2 adds greater cm resistance giving new life to Flanker/29 as we can't receive newer 27/29 variants. Obviously, this is not your fault.

Why you think that RMD-2 adds greater cm resistance?
It's not true because it has same seeker.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:17 AM, FlankerFan35 said:

3. With modules like the F-15E/Eurofighter (w meteor) on the horizon the current models of 27S/29S will be decimated in about every way which is accurate, however since in a real life scenario they would be fighting Flankers with R-77-1/PL-12 (J-11) and you guys can't do a 27SM, 30SM, MiG-29M/K/35 yet the least I think can be done is for the 27S/29S (incl Su-33) to get the best of what their generation carried in real life e.g., 73 RMD-2 so at least they remain somewhat playable, otherwise there is only JF-17 as capable gen 4 red. Some features are already present such as R-300E motor on 27ER as you said.

If you want some kind of "balance" you can set 1980th era without active missiles. In the 21 sentury Russian weapons completely inferior USA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chizh said:

Why you think that RMD-2 adds greater cm resistance?
It's not true because it has same seeker.

If you want some kind of "balance" you can set 1980th era without active missiles. In the 21 sentury Russian weapons completely inferior USA.

We have no plans to develop these aircraft due to the political situation. Sorry.

That data I found suggests the RMD-2 has increased immunity to IR countermeasures and a more sensitive seeker as well as ability to hit targets 15m lower than RMD-1.

It's less about balance as realism the way I see it as the METEOR entered service in 2016 and the 77-1 in 2015 iirc meaning METEOR equipped Typhoons would be facing Flankers carrying 77-1s. 

I enjoy 1980 and 1990s scenario and in the 1980 area its getting quite nice with many new modules and yes even the R-77-1 is inferior to 120C-7/D used currently however it is MUCH more useful than any R-27ER/ET and I still would like to be able play 1990-2000s era 27/29 but this will be impossible against a 2016 weapon like the METEOR. I can fight current 120C-5 with 27ER but the 77-1 is to the METEOR what the ER is to the 120C-5. RMD-2 is also more useful against 9X, IRIS-T.

I see, politics getting in the way is unfortunate 😥 even FC3 style too sensitive with export Su-30 variants for example like MKA/M/K?

• Like 1

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, FlankerFan35 said:

That data I found suggests the RMD-2 has increased immunity to IR countermeasures and a more sensitive seeker as well as ability to hit targets 15m lower than RMD-1.

It's not true. All R-73 varians have a same IR seeker MK-80. Its analog missile without any kind of digital processor like AIM-9X.

It's less about balance as realism the way I see it as the METEOR entered service in 2016 and the 77-1 in 2015 iirc meaning METEOR equipped Typhoons would be facing Flankers carrying 77-1s. 

We can't deal with modern Russian weapons by political reasons. Sorry.

I see, politics getting in the way is unfortunate 😥 even FC3 style too sensitive with export Su-30 variants for example like MKA/M/K?

No in this time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chizh said:

It's not true. All R-73 varians have a same IR seeker MK-80. Its analog missile without any kind of digital processor like AIM-9X.

We can't deal with modern Russian weapons by political reasons. Sorry.

No in this time.

Totally understandable given current events. Are third parties still able to develop such things if they have the data and desire?

• ED Team
1 hour ago, F-2 said:

Are third parties still able to develop such things if they have the data and desire?

I'm not see obstacles here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chizh said:

Это про все.

Это касается всей советской техники? Например, разработка того же ми-24 в нынешних условиях была бы тоже невозможна?

• Like 1

• ED Team
48 minutes ago, Zar 1-1 said:

Это касается всей советской техники?

Всей новой российской техники.

6 minutes ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

There is the "new" Impuls-90/MK-2200 seeker which is a bit larger and allows +/- 60 degrees lockon (opposed to the original 45).

Visually the look mostly the same.

Perhaps this applies to the new RVV-MD missile. But I don't know for sure.

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

No, it's also "modernised" or newly built R-73's from Ukraine. A newer version of the "old" Mayak-80 also has 60 degrees lock capability now according to some sources.

No evidence that it was implemented to the current russian R-73 missiles.

8 hours ago, Chizh said:

- When Aim-7 was in service it was facing ER-27/R-27 for some time before aim-120 got in service. 
- Since AIM-120B you had - R-77/R-37 1994
- AIM-120D face R-37M,  I bet you cant tell me anything about them, then the usual argument, "they have only few of them".
- Sad to hear that politics is in they way, would might be good if we as community and developers stayed out and had neutral stand witch I find some have hard time with.  

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Thanks 2

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

7 hours ago, Chizh said:

So ED is gonna make us some good F16A Blk10 or 15, and F15A's right? 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
23 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

So ED is gonna make us some good F16A Blk10 or 15, and F15A's right? 

Nobody promised this yet.

• ED Team
38 minutes ago, Teknetinium said:

- When Aim-7 was in service it was facing ER-27/R-27 for some time before aim-120 got in service. 

R-27 was entered into service about 1986, later then AIM-7M.

- Since AIM-120B you had - R-77/R-37 1994

R-37 - fake missile.

R-77 was never into Russian Air Force until 2015.

- AIM-120D face R-37M,  I bet you cant tell me anything about them, then the usual argument, "they have only few of them".

Are yoy mean RVV-BD? It is analog of AIM-54 in present time.

- Sad to hear that politics is in they way, would might be good if we as community and developers stayed out and had neutral stand witch I find some have hard time with.  

I'll tell you straight. We are afraid of criminal prosecution, which may be opened against the Russia citizens in ED team. Now in Russia, spy mania and such persecution are opened very simply without any special evidence.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1