[DCS World: BS2] Ricardo's Upgraded HD Cockpit Mods

Devrim as soon as you pass the adi backup fixed.

created with the help of @Taker.

I think, it's not graphical issue. Because SAI's graphics are OK like the ADI. Somehow it's not displayed properly. So, to me, it must be a cockpit modelling thing.

Actually I know nothing about it. If I knew something, I'd've changed some units' place. First: UV-26. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I really don't know their names. I've added that glass things, reflecting light. I think it's related with pilot's helmet in real. To me, it's the most nice thing to see them while flying!

Aren't they only outputs from ventilation?

Btw, I really like your blue cockpit! :thumbup:

Edited by Suchacz

wow! ps FMrVt.jpg
Yes. But as I said, that's not related graphics or me. How to say; May be it must be mapping issue, I don't know. Obviously I have nothing to do for that. Sorry man...

Aren't they only outputs from ventilation?

Btw, I really like your blue cockpit! :thumbup:

Thanks.

I think they're some kind of receiver or tracker. It tracks pilot's helmet. So, computer knows the angle of pilot's head. By the way, I may be completely wrong. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

did not understand, I will pass the file. dds with adi backup working, thou clippings and paste. I tried it and it works;)

trust

ps: I have not encountered any problem with the uv-26

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Thank you all guys.

Aviators; I'm at work now. Let me check those problems again, at home. Thank you. :)

problem resolved.

i'm set texture in HIGH

The problem occurs when I put the textures to medium.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

wow! ps FMrVt.jpg

Well Aviators.

I'm so sorry for delayed understanding. :) You were always telling me the colour of the sickle-shaped area of the SAI, right? I mean, top edge of SAI ball... And I was always thinking that you were talking about that empty area, and I was telling you that it was a graphical issue, not me, bla bla bla. :) Sorry for latency, because nobody told me the problem exactly. I did understand it when I saw Taker's dds file.

Now; No need to use it or copy-paste something. Of course it's so easy to paint that area. Now, it can be painted blue or dark-gray as the background colour of SAI device. I'll try both. :)

Hi, my version of backup adi is the same of real one, not need to change color

+1

Hey Devrim

I noticed that the description.lua I already have looks like this:

livery = 
{
{"mir"	   				,0,"mirrors"							,true};--mirrors texture replacement with runtime rendered one
{"devka 50"				,0,"Ka-50 devices_ENG.dds"				,false},
{"ils ka 50"			,0,"KA-50 HUD_ENG.dds"					,false},
{"Ka-50_hud_opaq"		,0,"KA-50 HUD_ENG.dds"					,false},
{"lamps"				,0,"Ka-50 font lamp_ENG.dds"			,false},
{"Ka-50 dop devices"	,0,"Ka-50 dop dev_ENG.dds"				,false},
{"Ka-50 inscripts"		,0,"Ka-50 inscripts_ENG.dds"			,false},
{"right top panel"		,0,"Ka-50 RightTopPan_ENG.dds"			,false},
{"tablet"				,0,"Ka-50 table_ENG.dds"				,false},
{"Ka-50 inscripts dop"	,0,"Ka-50 inscripts dop_ENG.dds"		,false},
{"buttons"				,0,"Ka-50 buttons_ENG.dds"				,false},
{"Ka-50 HUD2"			,0,"KA-50 HUD_ENG.dds"					,false},
{"buttons_always"		,0,"Ka-50 buttons_ENG.dds"				,false},
{"interior"		        ,0,"Ka-50 interior_ENG.dds"				,false},
{"panel r"		        ,0,"Ka-50 Panel R_ENG.dds"				,false},
{"panel ka 50 left"	    ,0,"Ka-50 Panel L_ENG.dds"				,false},
{"right_back_inscript"	,0,"Ka-50 Panel_R_Back_Inscript_ENG.dds",false},
{"dash-board"	   		,0,"Ka-50 dash-board_ENG.dds"			,false},
{"elements ka-50"	   		,0,"Ka-50 elements_ENG.dds"			,false},
}

so as it has the same "mir" line as your one, is there any need to replace it or will the other lines (all set to false) cause your mod not to display/work properly?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Hi, my version of backup adi is the same of real one, not need to change color :smilewink:

immagine5h.jpg

But if we're talking about "real one" then I really should change colours. The colours in this image and our current SAI aren't same.

OK; I decided that I'll increase the resolution of these devices, and modify on colours a little bit. So, we can see the numbers clearly and sharper (both balls - ADI & SAI). That means, I've found a new occupation for myself. :D

...I noticed that the description.lua I already have looks like this: ... so as it has the same "mir" line as your one, is there any need to replace it or will the other lines (all set to false) cause your mod not to display/work properly?
Yes they're same "mir" lines. But, the default "description.lua" (with all lines) will not let the mod work properly. With default "description.lua", DCS will search and load the DDS files that located in "english" folder. If you have renamed it, DCS won't able to find them and you'll see your cockpit as full of orange colours with "Warning, Missing Texture".

That's why I delete all lines except for "mir". DCS will have to load "default" cockpit. But it will load "our mod" instead default one.

I know this is long way to get load it. But there're some issues about easy way. When I get it, I'll change the installiation method.

OK; I decided that I'll increase the resolution of these devices, and modify on colours a little bit. So, we can see the numbers clearly and sharper (both balls - ADI & SAI). That means, I've found a new occupation for myself. :D

hehe very good ;)

Yes they're same "mir" lines. But, the default "description.lua" (with all lines) will not let the mod work properly. With default "description.lua", DCS will search and load the DDS files that located in "english" folder. If you have renamed it, DCS won't able to find them and you'll see your cockpit as full of orange colours with "Warning, Missing Texture".

That's why I delete all lines except for "mir". DCS will have to load "default" cockpit. But it will load "our mod" instead default one.

I know this is long way to get load it. But there're some issues about easy way. When I get it, I'll change the installiation method.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't find it a problem installing the current way, I just wanted to check whether it was actually necessary to replace this file.

I have renamed the "english" folder to "_english" and didn't see any problems with the default "description.lua" but I'll use the one you've provided from now on, just in case. :thumbup:

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I have renamed the "english" folder to "_english" and didn't see any problems with the default "description.lua" but I'll use the one you've provided from now on, just in case. :thumbup:
Oh, that's strange. Because if I do same thing, I see orange cockpit. :)

Nevermind if it works. Happy flies. :)

These mods seem working with v1.2.2

Hey Devrim,

I wonder how hard it would be for you to make a version of the blue pit with a less vivid blue, like shown here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97077 ?

I do prefer the blue bit but as Ebs says, I find the blue a bit too intense. If it's a simple tweak for you to change it, it would be great if you could do that but if it would be a lot of work I can understand if you haven't got the time to do it.

Actually, it's not that hard. It was hard when working with it first time. Now, the Photoshop files are still present and ready to be adjusted. :)

I can try something on blue colour. I'll post a few samples when ready.

Thank you for suggesting.

• Like 1