Online Tactical campaign ''Chameleon''

gregzagk

Yup, maybe two more test days to check if fog of war works, and that F5 and other "cheat" views are disabled...

Here are the two Tacview records (hope you don't mind Greg):

Chameleon Tacview 1st part

Chameleon Tacview 2nd part

(please, someone confirm this recordings are ok and usable)

All in all it was great phun, and I must say JABO2009 is a real killah in the Toadie... but also there is a moment in Tacview where one A-10 pilot "Daredevil" out-turned and gunned him down...

...but of course, cudos also go to our RED ground commander Endy who did a great job!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Aries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite some server issues yesterday the event was definately a good try and we build on it since we got some valuable experience.

I had the pleasure of being the red commander and all the pilots on the red side were doing an awesome job disrupting blue ground attacks as well as shooting down enemy A10's.

As for the map view, it is true I had full visibility of enemy units. I think this has to be tweaked a bit, the intel is just too good this way. Although I believe both sides were on even terms here.

Anyway, I look forward to doing this again, it was a good effort and can only get better :)

also from my side a BIG thank you! to Gregzagk, Aries, Endy and Co.. for yesterdays mission 1. I had a great time. despite some connectivity issues of some and the DCS usual "warping periods" it was quite nice to fly.

Regarding the F10 map issue: Yes this should be changed the next time, it was simply too easy to intercept and shoot the Hogs down..

(though it was big fun :D)

next time Id like to have Awacs or Game masters guidance to find them.

the mission itself was very good created ! the birdview of the tank columns driving one by another on open fields looked AWESOME.

cheers Jabo

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Hello!

First post updated with the first mission's debriefing and date for the 2nd mission : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96181

2nd Mission date : 14th November 20:00 Zulu time

Please register to the available slots like you did in the first mission :

http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?&do=discuss&groupid=89&discussionid=2728&gmid=3726#gmessage3726 (373rd ED forum Group)

Mission briefings will be available soon.

See you! :)

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

We had 2 tests of the mission today and during the weekend.

We used all the changes we were talking about and all seems fine.

Briefings will be available tomorrow. There are still some free slots left for anyone interested :)

Cheers!

The yesterday's mission was awesome!!!It was really exciting to fly with all these human pilots and try to coordinate all these flights..The only problem was that the latest update f@#@d up the mission and the blue F-15's couldn't take other missiles than Aim-9P, as the SU-27's could take even 27ER!!

But that's not hte point..The point is that personally i had so much fun,i am looking forward for the next fase of the campaign..I hope we will be more pilots next time..Every suggestion you have about making the missions even more exciting feel free to say it...

Until next time guys!!!

Edited by Spanker79

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

So Jack Sparrow didn't take part in the campaign last night?

:megalol:

Neither did I... :cry:

Hope I'll sort out the network thing till next tier... :pilotfly:

...or it will remain just "Radio 373rd Chameleon" for me... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Great mission last night...After not seeing server at all at the beginning, and after some 30 clicks on "new search" button, i finally saw your server on server list in DCS..I dont know why I have this problem...A mate from my squad had also the same problem, but he didn't managed to connect last night...Using correct IP adress and correct password also didn't help. We got "connection interrupted" message...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Awesome mission yesterday, I had a lot of fun shooting down F15s and A10's - although I was surprised that F15 didn't shoot radar missiles back and had to close the distance for sidewinders. Only later did I learn Aim7's were bugged for them :)

Anyway, great fun yesterday and it's awesome to see so many human pilots in the air, all cooperating and with a purpose. Server stability was very good as well, I think some connection bugs were fixed since last week and the framerates were very good as well.

I definately look forward towards the next week's event :)

Lots of fun yesterday, though I also coulndt find the server in the list for the first 25mins... but once connected, I was running so smooooothly ! :thumbup:

Greg, can you tell us something about yesterdays outcome? I somehow lost overview of the current combat status...

cheers

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Just checking in to say what a great time I had last night. Thank you so much for organizing this for us, it brings the gameplay to a whole new level.

We (the guys from Colt Flight) spent many hours after the actual battle analyzing everything via TacView, and it was awesome seeing how everyone had a strategy and how some worked and some didn´t.

All in all it was an awesome evening, and I can´t wait for next week to come around so we can have another go at it. :)

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Great mission last night...After not seeing server at all at the beginning, and after some 30 clicks on "new search" button, i finally saw your server on server list in DCS..I dont know why I have this problem...A mate from my squad had also the same problem, but he didn't managed to connect last night...Using correct IP adress and correct password also didn't help. We got "connection interrupted" message...

I was also getting "connection interupted" and guess what...At the server's pswd, i had my keyboard turned to greek and not in english!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

Thank you guys organizing this campaign... we had lots of fun last night. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Thanks for the participation guys!

Some problems occurred with the fighters loadout but at least the mission was stable :)

Here is the tacview files.Debriefing and briefing of the new mission will be available soon ;)

TACVIEW : http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/Chameleon%20Campaign/Mission_2/Chameleon%20mission%202%20ACMI.rar

Please don't forget: not only the fighters had loadout limitations but also A10's. More than 1 AGM-65 per rack wasn't possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift