[REPORTED]Changing GUN AMMO and PIPPER mid mission - broken (WITH TRACKS!)

Megagoth1702

Hey guys,

this annoyed the hell out of me today since I was not really sure what was going on, I did some testing and this is the result.

If you change your gun ammo type with the reload & refuel menu it will give you the proper gun ammo type. That's cool. If you proceed to changing your gun pipper to fit the new ammo type the problems start. The NEW gun pipper is not loaded correctly (within the game engine I mean, wrong scripts) and following examples occur:

-start mission with CM, change to HEI, change pipper to HEI, all rounds will fall SHORT because gun pipper (although only showing 1 point) thinks its still CM.

-start mission with HEI, change to CM, change pipper to CM -> new pipper will NOT have 2 points (one for hei one for AP) and also if you aim with the pipper most of the rounds will OVERSHOOT the target, only the HEI rounds will hit target.

Check out the tracks. Dont fiddle with game speed, just sit back and watch. I did it all for you. I am running the latest DCS World with the latest A-10 module. I run the updater every day.

Basically - the pipper will always represent an aiming solution for the ammo that you had at mission start.

CM to HEI.trk

HEI to CM.trk

Edited by Megagoth1702

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Go ahead EVERYONE who reads this, grab the tracks, check it out and post "confirmed" so we can get some attention on this!

Edited by Megagoth1702

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

At work currently, maybe when I get home I can try it.

I've not tried changing ammo, so maybe I can try that in a separate mission as well.

Also, latest version of World or stand alone A-10? I don't have stand alone.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thank's for the attention guys.

Of course latest version. Just watch the track. I know how to work with the plane. :) You will see that I do every step correctly. I had a buddy of mine who is a real pro confirm this as well.

I just want more people to see and confirm this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Yeah looks like he's right. The track showed that the aim was off, and it happened for me too in a quick mission.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Not the AIM was off, I aimed just right.

The PIPPER I used to aim was pointing at a wrong spot.

Sorry for the lazy wording, that's what I meant. After changing ammo, the pipper was no longer reliable as the gun rounds did not fly to the center of the reticule.

Roger doger. :) No offense bro, it's just that when testers and devs read this stuff, it has to be proper. Thanks for testing man!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

This really screws up mission design as well... I have to do either soft target or hard target missions since using AP on soft targets (infantry etc.) is a waste...

I hope this has been picked up by someone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

This really screws up mission design as well... I have to do either soft target or hard target missions since using AP on soft targets (infantry etc.) is a waste...

I hope this has been picked up by someone.

They have said before that they don't always reply to bug report topics, even if they have noted it and are actively looking into it. If you really want to be sure they see it, however, you can always submit a formal ticket.

http://support.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

dcs_sig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed and reported.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

HEI pipper inaccurate?

I am still learning the A-10C and having a lot of trouble hitting things with HEI ammo, rounds always hit short of the targets, with a cold or air spawn.

If I keep the round type as CM in the IFFCC and use the lower dot to aim I get very good results, but if I change it HEI and use the now sole central dot in the reticle the rounds always hits lower than expected, at 3-4nm they don't even hit on the same postal code :doh:.

All I am doing is changing the round type in the IFFCC or using the plane as is in case of a air spawn, is there any step I am missing? Does it happens with anyone else?

All I am doing is changing the round type in the IFFCC or using the plane as is in case of a air spawn, is there any step I am missing?

Have you changed the loaded ammunition type in the Rearm/refuel dialog or ME ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=195530&stc=1&d=1538952350

Does it happens with anyone else?

I've only ever used the combat mix.

There is an old thread about CM and HEI pipper problems, are you seeing anything like as described:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1594556#post1594556

135542923_A-10CAmmoTypeScreen_181007_233025.jpg.84523a28fb63c70e765b2a861e5b4478.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Used forum search to add link to past HEI report

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You can and probably need to adjust the round type in the iffcc test menu so the ccip calculation knows to adjust the pipper. Ill fire it up to get you the precise location.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

You can and probably need to adjust the round type in the iffcc test menu so the ccip calculation knows to adjust the pipper. Ill fire it up to get you the precise location.

Ifcc test->30mm->ammo type. Set to HEI

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

That was what I did.

Have you changed the loaded ammunition type in the Rearm/refuel dialog or ME

Changed in the ME, thanks for the info and the link, I think I found a bug, gonna do a few more testings just to be sure.

If I chose in the ME the ammo type as HEI and then spawn on the ground or in the air the problem occurs, the new piper is in the AP position.

If I instead chose CM in the ME, or just leave it as is the default, and then request a rearm on the ground for HEI, then change the piper it is on the right position.

Just need a few more tests when I get some free time to be sure. So far spawning with CM, rearming, then changing the IFFCC seems to work, while spawing with HEI it will always be inaccurate.

Edited by DrGarantia

If I keep the round type as CM in the IFFCC and use the lower dot to aim I get very good results, but if I change it HEI and use the now sole central dot in the reticle the rounds always hits lower than expected, at 3-4nm they don't even hit on the same postal code.

If you're firing at 3-4nm of course they don't even hit on the same postal code...those rounds dont have an addres to go to... They could more appropriately be referred to as "To whom it may concern" :music_whistling:

Try holding off firing until about 1 mile out or less...a one second burst is pretty devastating at that range.

:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.