activation decrease with reinstall game ???

bakterius

hi, iam buy BS2 yesterday and installed.. run (10 activation left)

installed DCS World and my bs2 not show on list... uninstall... installation again after module insert,.. Activation AGAIN ???? :mad: (9 activation left) WHY???

iam want support you company, but why iam have only 10 activations??? and reinstall decrease -1 .. sorry, but iam give you my many, then iam want functional game after 9 reinstals.. ty for respond

hi, iam buy BS2 yesterday and installed.. run (10 activation left)

installed DCS World and my bs2 not show on list... uninstall... installation again after module insert,.. Activation AGAIN ???? :mad: (9 activation left) WHY???

iam want support you company, but why iam have only 10 activations??? and reinstall decrease -1 .. sorry, but iam give you my many, then iam want functional game after 9 reinstals.. ty for respond

Well, I'm no ED representative, but the activation thing is an anti piracy matter. On the one hand, they want to make sure the same key doesn't get used hundreds of times. On the other hand they don't want to scare their customers. It is my impression that very few people actually run out of activations. And if they did, ED customer support should be able to grant them further activations.

Next, if you ran out of activations, these should "recharge" at one month intervals, so if ED went bankrupt, we should still all be able to install the software on new computers for a long time to come.

Finally, I believe that installing BS2 and then World+BS2 should only have used one activation. If you feel that you should get that one activation re-added to your account, you should probably contact customer support by opening a ticket with them. To do that, log in to the DCS-homepage and click on "User support" on the left menu.

You may also want to post in the Payment and Activation part of the forum (but chances are this topic will be moved there anyways).

One thing you must learn with ED (we learn that at least during 1.2.1 patch) is each time you want to manually reinstall a new mod, you MUST deactivate your copy prior to modify your files.

ED said no activation would be lost during 1.2.1 install, but they were wrong. They gifted us a free activation to apologize. It's not going to happen again.

Auto-Updater will do the job until now. It enable fast patching, and very low bandwidth consumption.

So remember, DE-Activate your games before messing with them.

(Starforce.exe is location in Programs/EagleD/DCS/Mods/.../bin/... .exe

if this copy is active, you should be able to desactive clickng the blue text link)

Not 100% sure, but you still can reset all activations once per year.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

ty for answer... sorry for my english....so.. when iam want uninstall my game (need disk space, reinstall windows..etc) and iam have 9 activations left ... iam deactivating game then my activations raise +1 on 10 activation left? or not?

iam working in DTP and need reinstall windows realy often 3-4 month.

Yes.

I have reinstalled Win once, and lost 1 activation for all mods.

When you uninstall, uninstall number will decrease by 1, install will increase by 1.

(you have 10 intall/uninstall possibilities)

Sobek, after all activation, you'll get one BY month? or one forever ?

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

When you uninstall, uninstall number will decrease by 1, install will increase by 1.

(you have 10 intall/uninstall possibilities)

This is wrong, you can install/uninstall as often as you like, there is no limit. Plus, a simple uninstall/re-install won't cost you any activations.

Sobek, after all activation, you'll get one BY month? or one forever ?

Once you use up your last activation, you will be reimbursed 1 activation after a month. Once you use that up (and only then), you will be reimbursed another activation after a month, and so on.

To clear this up, if you reinstall the game, you do not need to deactivate. The activation will stay dormant in your registry unless you delete it. If you undertake some major changes on your computer (change CPU, Mobo, reinstall OS) you need to deactivate or you will lose an activation.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 2 years later...

Since 2010 that I started flying Black Shark (1) i had to reinstall it some... 4-5 times due to both simulator troubles as well as OS restoring... Yesterday i noticed i only have 3 activations left. I actually never deactivated neither when i restored OS but that i just did once. So, do i have to buy again a physic product i bought? :lol:

Since 2010 that I started flying Black Shark (1) i had to reinstall it some... 4-5 times due to both simulator troubles as well as OS restoring... Yesterday i noticed i only have 3 activations left. I actually never deactivated neither when i restored OS but that i just did once. So, do i have to buy again a physic product i bought?

No you don't. You will always have one key to install DCS module. Key is generated once a month so you have always one key, no more.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

No you don't. You will always have one key to install DCS module. Key is generated once a month so you have always one key, no more.

AFAIK, that does not apply to Black Shark 1. Open a trouble ticket, when you have run out of activations, and ED will either reload the key or provide a new key (I don't know how they actually handle it).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

I had a lot of issues with a rig this year before I purchased the rig in my signature. I had to format 5 times and lost 5 activations!

So you're telling me that if I had deactivated them before formatting I wouldnt have lost the activations??

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

anyone?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

So you're telling me that if I had deactivated them before formatting I wouldnt have lost the activations??

Yes. That is what you should have done.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes. That is what you should have done.

Thanks.

Is it done by unchecking the green boxes in the module manager?

No. You have to run the 'protect.exe' in each modules \bin folder. The procedure should be in the Quick Start Guide for one of your modules.

No. You have to run the 'protect.exe' in each modules \bin folder. The procedure should be in the Quick Start Guide for one of your modules.

Oh, ok.

So now I understand that the activation limit was made to protect against hundreds of multiple activated modules at the same time, right?

Sounds reasonable, since they don't prevent activation on multiple machine. I really don't know what the thinking behind it was.