setting up black shark + BS 2, HELP !

m1tp2king

OK, i have black shark on disk and i want to download Black shark 2 upgrade.

what is the procedure ? do i install Black shark 1 then patch, then activate, then install BS 2, then patch then activate ???

any help would be greatly appreciated

Install BS1, no need for patch. I don't know if it needs activating. Once BS2 installed, I don't think it matters if you activate before patching....

I agree that separate BS2 and BS2 upgrade is a waste of time and space. Also, ED now have to update BOTH modules whenever they patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Install BS1, no need for patch. I don't know if it needs activating. Once BS2 installed, I don't think it matters if you activate before patching....

I agree that separate BS2 and BS2 upgrade is a waste of time and space. Also, ED now have to update BOTH modules whenever they patch.

I have been trying to get the update to work for over 3 months, good luck

What a tremendous waste of valuable resources this "upgrade" path is for everyone and the developers who insist on enforcing this useless method.

Agreed, but I think they have mentioned its an issue with "starforce" or whatever it's called. Not so much in Ed/DCS hands.IIRC

Or alternatively do like I did, even though I own the original Black Shark, I purchased the full version Black Shark 2, just so I would not have to mess with having to go through the upgrade process. I figure it helps support ED as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|