FC3 Russian cockpits close up locked

With TIR off I can get the normal FOV, or adjust the FOV with KP * and / ... with TIR on though the view forces to up close where just the HUD is visible unless I move the view down to see the gauges etc.

Only happens in the Russian jets.

I have checked the TIR keybinds etc in the DCSW option>controllers and cant find anything.

Ideas please.

Cheers.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I edited view.lua, CameraViewAngleLimits for most all airplanes (e.g. 40.0, 180.0 for Su-27). I still have a problem with the height in the cab, I would like to to modify it, but, I don't know where is it?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Have you tried this PeterP great mod?
Yes I did and it did not do much for me.

Хајдуче, see my explanation and settings here, and two posts lower.
I'll take a look at it.

Поздрав,

Edited by =4c= Hajduk Veljko

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

This is how FC 2 worked and obviously FC 3 has the same issue. That is, with the TiR on, the cockpit Zoom In key "NUM *" and cockpit Zoom Out key "NUM /", do not work. They just do not work period. They work with Black Shark. But these keys simply do not work with FC 3.

Default FOV in the cab is so close to the HUD that it is useless (for me).

The first attachment is a default "CameraViewAngleLimits[su_27] = {20.0, 120.0}"

The second attachment is modified "CameraViewAngleLimits[su_27] = {40.0, 180.0}"

In the past there use to be a small utility called "Lockon Configurator". And I used it to adjust FOV and height in the cab.

Screen_121223_081323.thumb.jpg.26ec77d720d0d64445614356b4f728df.jpg

Screen_121223_081106.thumb.jpg.4eb2ab070c2bd1b893f9be3996ac913b.jpg

Looks like default FoV angle when TrackIR is used is in between min/max FoV values

for min-max: 20°-120° mean is 70°

for min-max: 40°-180° mean is 110°

and this is about what you get judging from the two screenshots

If you want to use TrackIR and be able to zoom in you need to set trackIR Z axis to in cockpit Zoom axis

If you don't want to use TrackIR to zoom you can set default FoV in Config/View/SnapViewsDefault.lua file for each aircraft, then set min & max FoV to same value, this way what you specify as FoV will always be the same (this is what I have by the way)

No longer active in DCS...

If you don't want to use TrackIR to zoom you can set default FoV in Config/View/SnapViewsDefault.lua file for each aircraft, then set min & max FoV to same value, this way what you specify as FoV will always be the same (this is what I have by the way)
TiR zoom works without any problem. Problem is with the Default FoV. With Black Shark, it is possible to zoom in and out (adjust default FoV) with the TiR on or off. With FC 2 and FC 3, default FoV, that is, the cab zoom in or out, is not adjustable (NUM * and NUM / keys do not work) with the TiR on.

And I would love to be ableto have different default FoV and TiR zoom in FC 3, just as what I have with Black Shark.

TiR zoom works without any problem. Problem is with the Default FoV. With Black Shark, it is possible to zoom in and out (adjust default FoV) with the TiR on or off. With FC 2 and FC 3, default FoV, that is, the cab zoom in or out, is not adjustable (NUM * and NUM / keys do not work) with the TiR on.

I think TrackIR overrides the zoom value so key bindings don't work, I don't know if this is intended behavior or a bug.

And I would love to be able to have different default FoV and TiR zoom in FC 3, just as what I have with Black Shark.

Well you can, edit Min/Mix view limits for each aircraft individually keeping in mind TrackIR will have default value as mean of the Min/Max.

You can do one more trick... lean bit forward then center TrackIR, then lean back into normal seating position and you'll have bit more zoomed out FoV.

I think TrackIR overrides the zoom value so key bindings don't work, I don't know if this is intended behavior or a bug.
It is not a bug, but it is a lack of feature. It has been that way since FC 2 times, maybe even FC times ...

Well you can, edit Min/Mix view limits for each aircraft individually keeping in mind TrackIR will have default value as mean of the Min/Max.
Well, I want to have a continuously adjustable FoV in FC 3, the same way as it works in Black Shark.

You can do one more trick... lean bit forward then center TrackIR, then lean back into normal seating position and you'll have bit more zoomed out FoV.
I tried that and do it every now and then, however, that is not a good solution. The best solution is to have the FC 3 work the same way as BS.

I read into your (Hajduk Veljko) post that you want to use TrackIR to zoom in... if you want to zoom in with key bindings do what PeterP & Mustang say, and take out TrackIR Z axis out of cockpit Zoom axis assignment.

EDIT: not fast enough

Go into the axis settings and unbind the z axis of the trackir from zoom.
That doesn't make FC 3 work the same as BS. And TiR zoom is lost. It is trade off solution (loose TiR zoom to get NUM / and NUM * for zooming - default FoV).

We are talking about a lack of feature in FC.

Had a quick look in there and I don't know what values to change.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Well you can't have both... it would be the same if you wanted to use keyboard press and joystick at the same time, the moment you release the key the axis value is read so zoom stays at TrackIR position.

Joey, check description on beginning of the file in this line:

Index 13 defines default cockpit view.
So, first number is aircraft type, you can see which is which is View.lua file:

PlaneIndexByType = -- indices in snap views table

{

[su_27] = 1,

[su_33] = 2,

[su_25] = 3,

[su_25T] = 4,

[su_39] = 4,

[MiG_29] = 5,

[MiG_29G] = 5,

[MiG_29C] = 5,

[MIG_29K] = 6,

[A_10A] = 7,

[F_15] = 8,

[KA_50] = 9,

[A_10C] = 11,

[P_51D] = 12,

[AB_212] = 9,

}

Second number is view type, you need to change No 13... and change "view angle" value

Snap[1][13]["viewAngle"] = x.xxxxxxxx <- set your desired FoV angle in °, value doesn't need to be with decimals

Snap[2][13]["viewAngle"] = x.xxxxxxxx

Snap[3][13]["viewAngle"] = x.xxxxxxxx

Snap[4][13]["viewAngle"] = x.xxxxxxxx

Snap[5][13]["viewAngle"] = x.xxxxxxxx

etc
Edited by Kuky

PeterP beat me to it but yes it's the axis assignment for the TIR, simply remove it in the options (drag menu slider to the right to see this)
Mustang, thanks for your effort. But this does not make the the FC 3 work the same way as BS. As I mentioned previously, it is a trade off solution, where TiR zoom is disabled to get the NUM / and NUM * to zoom in/out.

BS has both, TiR zoom and NUM /, NUM * at the same time. That's how I would like FC 3 to work as well. But it is not possible at this time. FC 3 lacks that feature.

Well you can't have both... it would be the same if you wanted to use keyboard press and joystick at the same time, the moment you release the key the axis value is read so zoom stays at TrackIR position.
Black shark has it. So the answer is, yes, you can have both. :smilewink: But, you are right, you can not have both in FC 3.

You can have it in FC3 like in BS. (but it seems to me you are mixing up FOV aka Zoom with Camera position forward/backward - this are two separate and completely different things - even if both let have you a bigger pit...)

Please follow the links I gave you.

Edited by PeterP

Please follow the links I gave you.
OK, I followed your links. I didn't get to post #16 on time to follow it through. Any way, posts #13 and #16 should be combined to make it easier for the people to follow this discussion.

So, I installed 6DOF mod for Russian airplanes and assigned z axis to "camera move forward backward". Now, I indeed have a Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29S work the same way as BS. For some reason, Su-25T and Su-25 still does not work.

However, now I have a graphical glitch in some Russian airplanes. If I lean forward enough, I can see ground through the nose of the airplane. I can now see airplanes flying underneath my airplane nose. I assume this is because of the 6DOF mod and Russian cockpits not being made for 6DOF.

However, now I have a graphical glitch in some Russian airplanes. If I lean forward enough, I can see ground through the nose of the airplane. I can now see airplanes flying underneath my airplane nose. I assume this is because of the 6DOF mod and Russian cockpits not being made for 6DOF.

yes, that's the side effect of enabling 6DoF in non-3D pits that FC3 planes have (except F-15C)