Sigh

JonTex

Hey thanx Ice I see your officially a tester now we need people of your caliber on the team , now put in a few words about the tomcat for me ... lmao j/k

thnx man its a wild ride but they are the best bunch of guys to fly aerobatics with hands down.

~S~ TEX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mach 2, Swing wings, Aim 54 and carrier capable!! How can that NOT be fun!! If it lands on a ship I'm interested ;) .. I don't think it would be very competitive against a MigSU but I would definitely devote a lot of time trying to master it.

Oh and no comments saying that the current version of lockon doesn't support two seaters ;)

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

We already have five aircraft that are capable of Mach 2+, swingwings are just for old planes that can't go fast/slow without them, the AIM-54 isn't all that good and the dude in the back is just more dead weight ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

So what are you saying Yellonet? I mean from what I gather if we based your oppinion of a supposed inferior F14 to real life it should never have accomplished the feats it did and was never intended to accomplish. IMO it is one of the Navy's most lethal fighters and it sadens me to see it go. You need to do some research man that jet was second to none in its role ... believe that.:icon_wink

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So what are you saying Yellonet? I mean from what I gather if we based your oppinion of a supposed inferior F14 to real life it should never have accomplished the feats it did and was never intended to accomplish. IMO it is one of the Navy's most lethal fighters and it sadens me to see it go. You need to do some research man that jet was second to none in its role ... believe that.:icon_wink
I was not trying to offend anyone... just a friendly bashing of your favorite jet to get you going. And it worked ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

We already have five aircraft that are capable of Mach 2+, swingwings are just for old planes that can't go fast/slow without them, the AIM-54 isn't all that good and the dude in the back is just more dead weight ;)

.. And how many carrier capable fighters do we have with those capabilities, One. And how many do we have as a flyable for the US carriers, none. Also Swing wings might be old but so what I won't be looking for a sell by date.. especially when they get the job done and look so cool doing it ;) Heck lets see if we can get a Tornado in Lockon hehe

I've read many posts regarding why ED can't model the F18/14 i.e. lack of documentation etc and I agree with their reasons .. but it's still fun to ask every once in a while.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

quote=Yellonet

...swingwings are just for old planes that can't go fast/slow without them..

As applied to the F-14, for the purpose of storing the aircraft onboard the carrier...and better maneuverability at lower speeds...but the wings, if fully extended, would have very large sub and transonic drag.

...the AIM-54 isn't all that good...

Well during qualification trials for the U.S. Navy, they successfully engaged 5/6 drones.

...and the dude in the back is just more dead weight ;)

Hehe

Guest IguanaKing

Well...the IRIAF had quite a few successes in combat firing AIM-54s from their F-14As against aircraft of both the IAF (Iraqi Air Force) and even some against the VVS. ;)

Guest IguanaKing
Oh,so you say Iraqi fighters shot down Russian Air Force planes?When? :)

Nope...IRIAF planes (Islamic Republic of Iran) shot down Iraqi and VVS planes. It was back in the early 80's, I'll see if I can remember where the hell I found that link that showed their A2A victories. :icon_jook

Declassification of the TAC manuals can easily last up to 30 years, if ever.

Anyone seen a declassified F-4 manual anywhere?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The Wright Flyer was second to none also, good thing it was improved upon or you never would have seen the F-14. :)

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2