Your optimum settings and mods for fps on Multi-Monitors

Interested to hear what fps people are getting with Multi-monitor setups.

I'm averaging 27-35 with the specs below. This is the best average I'm comfortable with for smooth simulation at airport, and over cities.

If there's any mods that can add some improvement I'm all ears! I'd love to be able to apply some MSAA to smooth out the jaggies.

All settings HIGH and other enabled except below:

Civ Traffic MED

MSAA: OFF

HDR: OFF

Tree Shadows: OFF

PLP Monitors all 1920x1200; also dash 23" 1920x1080

24" - 27" - 24"

----- 23" ------

Total resolution approx 4362x3000

AMD ATI 7970 3GB

Catalyst 13.7 Beta (Application settings with slight tweaks and 10% pwr up)

i7 3930k @ 4.6Ghz

16GB Corsair Vengeance

watercooled

W7 64bit

Intel 520 SSD

:joystick:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Cat 13.7 is still 5 months away, double check Version Numbers.

13.3 Beta was just released, with the improvements from Cat 12.11 Beta 1-9, Cat 13.1 and Cat 13.2 Betas implemented it's a pretty good driver so far.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hey Dredd :) you should try 2x MSAA in DCS options but with Adaptive AA enabled in your CCC, with the resolution you're running at and the card you own you should be able to pull it off with little performance loss.

Hey Mustang, long time no see.

Hope to get on comms soon, and fly some with ya and the old crew.

I didn't think of that. CCC has MSAA as a default from memory.

4x MSAA was just what I needed but took away the fps I needed for smooth play. I'll give that a shot and let you know how it goes.

Should CCC be enhanced or override mode? I assume you mean in CCC that application setting is still used, but adaptive instead of multi-sampling?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Cat 13.7 is still 5 months away, double check Version Numbers.

13.3 Beta was just released, with the improvements from Cat 12.11 Beta 1-9, Cat 13.1 and Cat 13.2 Betas implemented it's a pretty good driver so far.

My mistake; that would have been the beer overriding my brain input :)

I meant 13.2

:pilotfly:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

I run 3 screens Locked at 30 FPS (to reduce stutter, and lower temps and power consumption). and it stays fluid with everything on high, bushes reduced, MSAA at 2x, etc. HDR Off.

I made a CCC Profile before, but it has since stopped working with DCS in the 12.11+ Drivers, (Might have to delete it and re-do it.) never tried Adaptive AA.

You're pushing around the same amount of pixels as I am when I run 6 screens (about 120mil)

Problem is the Single GPU isnt gonna be able to Drive all of them,

You could get a secondary single slot GPU to drive the Guages (i dont have any experience in that though).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I actually do run a 7450 on the other PCI slot for a 5th monitor that I use for desktop work.

I was reading that this was actually worse off when using SoftTH?

Might try it when I get time.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

See my specs in my sig

CCC set to application settings (currently using 13.2 beta 7)

DCS World settings in the attachment below (Since that pic, I turned on tree shadows and upped the preload radius and visibility a bit)

I limit my fps to 30 and only see it dip below 30 when flying low over populated cities and/or situations with many vehicles/aircraft. When I unlock the fps (but still use v-sync), I see 40-60 fps.

Surprisingly, I no longer get the flashing white boxes that many of us ATI/AMD users experience with HDR enabled. I had a 6970 prior to my 7970.

dcsworldsettings.thumb.JPG.71c82d9b42afa7d686b180b2e366e8dc.JPG

Interesting you have disable aero enabled.

I believe with this option I need aero on for fullscreen and SoftTH to work correctly.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

i turn off Aero Manually before I boot DCS.

Right click destop, personalize, and select alternate theme (same desktop and stuff, just no Aero).

TBH, I dont require or need aero, so most of the time i leave it off for days at a time, and eventually turn it back on just because i see it's off.

Actually, Aero Conflicts with alot of my Studio's Video Applications (by not allowing it to use DirectX Hardware Overlay to render HD1080-/4K Vide)

Edited by SkateZilla

Do you find any improvement or negligible?

At 2XMSAA jaggies are only slightly improved; oh wish I could use 4XMSAA.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Any ideas how to reduce screen teat when running tripple screen setup (active DP x 2 and HDMI)

I have tried changing vsync options etc but still get tearing on one screen, the system is only 4 days old so am not sure if I should try and swap my sapphire 7970 6gb with a GTX 680 as it has really put a downer on my new build.

I have tried other options such as Raidon Pro etc but still no luck

Any ideas how to reduce screen teat when running tripple screen setup (active DP x 2 and HDMI)

I have tried changing vsync options etc but still get tearing on one screen, the system is only 4 days old so am not sure if I should try and swap my sapphire 7970 6gb with a GTX 680 as it has really put a downer on my new build.

I have tried other options such as Raidon Pro etc but still no luck

Eyefinity or SoftTH ? Vsync on in CCC ?

I use the latter so not sure how it works with eyefinity. Set your maxfps in .cfg files, and try DX Overrider if all else fails ?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Eyefinity with CCC, vsync on but still get tearing on the 3rd screen

Cause you're using mixed ports.

DVI/HDMI/VGA all require Display Clocks from the VPU.

MiniDP/DP/DP2.0 doesnt, Which is why all Eyefinity Setups require a MiniDP Screen/Active Adapter.

As all GFX Cards are restricted to 2 Display Clocks by some old as a brick FCC Regulation from 1996.

Sapphire Has a Active DP Converter Built onto their "FleX" edition cards to use 3 displays without a displayport.

Anyway the Tearing is a result of 2 Screens having one timing from the VPU Display Clocks, and the Display Port Screen having it's own Timing.

(or in your case, 2 screens operating on their own DisplayPort Timing, and 1 Screen running off the Timing from the VPU Display CLOCK)

AMD has been trying to fix it for years. I get 3rd Screen tearing on the desktop when in eyefinity mode...

And You'll have it on a nVidia Card too.

only ways to get rid of it:

- Use all Display Port Screens. (in which case a GFX Card with 4 or more Mini DP ports and DP Screens or Active Adapters)

- Use a DisplayPORT 2.0 MST Hub (which are 4 years late as of now and supposedly should be coming out soon)

The main reason why my next system upgrade/change will be adding an MSI Card with 4 Mini DP.

Edited by SkateZilla

Great info.

I wonder if this has been my issue with noticing the main center monitor shows slight stutter, DVI

Whereas the two side screens(left and right) appear alot smoother, DP ports. Then I have my dash screen with helios on HDMI.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Yeah,

in CCC you can set "preferred display"

So the best setup for mixed would be Left/Center w/ the same connection, or Center/Right With same connection (depending on which 2 screens you use more) and set the center as preferred.

If you set a DP Screen as Preferred, the DP Timing is given Priority, so the DP screens will not tear but the one HDMI/DVI Screen on the VPU Display Clock will.

if you set the DVI/HDMI Screen as Preferred, the Timing Priority is given to the VPU Display Clocks and the DP Screen will have Tearing.

Right now, in 3 Screen mode, I have:

Left Screen: HDMI->DVI Adapter - ---- > DVI Input

Center Screen: DVI -------------------------> DVI Input

Right Screen: MiniDP->DVI Active--------> DVI Input.

Center Screen Priority, So Left and Center Screen Timings Have Priority. Right Screen Tears in Games/Desktop.

My 6 Screen mode is way more complicated, and i only use it for studio work.

There was ONE driver that fixed the issue, it was Cat 12.4 I think. But It's been broken in Drivers after that one.

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.4 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim: no longer hangs on single GPU configurations when used with AMD Catalyst 12.3 CAP1 and later CAP releases

Elder Scolls: Skyrim: flickering square corruption is no longer observed.

Rage: Vsync is no longer disabled after task switching.

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars: no longer crashes when launched in High Performance Mode.

Stalker – Call of Pripyat: flickering is no longer observed in trees with specific Catalyst Control Center settings.

Tom Clancy HAWX 2: no longer crashes on game launch.

Windows Media Center: no longer crashes when run in Eyefinity mode and High Performance mode settings.

AMD Steady Video: an error message is no longer displayed when enabling AMD Steady Video for the Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 plugin.

Duplicating displays no longer generates random corruption.

Tearing is no longer observed on the third screen in 3x1 and 1x3 Eyefinity configurations.

A system crash is no longer experienced when enabling Crossfire in a 4 display configuration.

The advanced video quality settings are now correctly displayed in the Catalyst Control Center.

Edited by SkateZilla

Intresting and thanks for the info, I have read that the Nvidia card dont seem to have this issue but I agree I am not sure how they could avoide it unless they run 3 of the same output modes.

I have my pc is in the car ready to take back but not sure if I should bother or not now?

Well after some testingm Ive got everything nicely working now. 30-40fps

Enabled GPU scaling on the monitors through CCC that removed some of the screen stutter with different screens.

4x MSAA now working, and got my mirrors back.

It was helios eating my fps. a good 10-20fps loss when using Helios :(

ah well, come back to it another time.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Yes, aero always enabled. Fullscreen in DCS, disable aero not checked.

It's great to be able to use instruments, but killing the fps as much as it does it's preferable without :(

I guess I could try run it on my other 7450 card but not sure if that'd help, have to try later on.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Hi all, I've just tried flying the P51, but because Helios won't work with it, I've setup a 4 screen view. Works great, however I've got severe mini stutters with this setup. Any advice on how to get rid of them. I've turned off shadows, msaa, hdr, all settings to medium and tress and preload to min.

With 3 screens and Helios I was running with everything on high very smoothly.

My specs are below.

Want to get the speed sorted before the Huey turns up, as I will have to fly with a 4 screen setup with that as well. At least until Helios is updated.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Im also looking into

DisplayPORT-> 2x DVI Devices that will show the PC as Separate Screens (and not one combined screen)

That way all 3 gaming screens will be on DP Timing.

Center Screen - MiniDP->DVI Active Adapter->DVI Input

Left/Right Screen - MiniDP->Full DP Adapter->Startech 2x DVI Adapter-> DVI Inputs.

So Far I found one Candidate, but it's $75+