MSFFB2 fps drop

gavagai

• ED Team
Well, about the limp FF2, it happens when you close DCS World after a flight, when you back to the desktop, the stick gets loose and only back to be centralized when you reboot the Windows or when you unplug from the USB.

Fixed in 1.2.6

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol found a fix myself, I´ve sold right now my FF2 on Mercado Livre, now I´ll purchase one CH Pro Fighterstick. Best fix ever!!! Huhuulll:joystick::lol:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

lol found a fix myself, I´ve sold right now my FF2 on Mercado Livre, now I´ll purchase one CH Pro Fighterstick. Best fix ever!!! Huhuulll:joystick::lol:

You're going to be disappointed.:joystick:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You're going to be disappointed.:joystick:

I don´t think so, my choice was made because of the reviews that I read on SimHQ and here on ED Forum, also, I have a big friend that is a pilot in Brazilian Air Force that uses one CH Fighterstick to training for the F-5M (Modernized version) and he told me that is a awesome joystick with a great precision.

Also, the weight of the Sidewinder was breaking my computer table, so I fixed two problems.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Yes, I own one myself as a backup. Without ffb it's a no-go for the P-51 in my opinion.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Resolution:

The bug will be half-fixed in 1.2.5: i.e. half of the FPS loss will remain.

The complete fix, which turned out to be a serious rewrite of the low-level input code, is ready and will be out in 1.2.6.

Thank you!:thumbup:

Funny... I sold my Fighterstick to buy a FF2. But then, I fly the shark sometimes when FF is really essential.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

How this can prevent you from flying? The stick was limp only outside DCS.

After I exploded and exited the mission, the stick would lose FFB and it would not restore with a new mission. This is with an older version of BS2, so I hope that when I reinstall the latest it's cleared up.

• 2 weeks later...

1.2.5 partial fix is good. Max fps only drops from 60 to 50 now. Thanks team!

Great update, now it´s possible to play with the Sidewinder FF2 without lock the FPS.

And, yes, gavagai, you were right:megalol:, I had to bought another Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. The CH Figfhterstick is good, but not as the legendary Sidewinder Force Feedback 2.:joystick:

Thanks for the support, ED.

:smartass:

On an another note, something funny happened after trying out 1.2.5 with the msffb2 joystick. Later, when I loaded up another sim, my joystick and pedals were swapped. Moving the toe brakes had defaulted to pitch and roll, and joystick movements controlled yaw. Everything was fine after I remapped the axes. Was it a consequence of ED's driver debugging?

Edited by gavagai

Ok, I have a new bug to report that didn't exist with 1.2.4

If I do the "fly now" mission against the Fw 190-D9, shoot him down, and then select "fly again," the joystick goes limp without resistance when I spawn into the cockpit. However, stick shaking remains.

I've tried this multiple times and always get the same result. When I subsequently tried out the joystick in Rise of Flight, the sim acted as if the joystick were not even plugged in. I exited out, unplugged the joystick and plugged it back in, and functionality returned. However, if I do the "fly now" mission against the Fw 190D-9, again, the force resistance is gone on the second sortie.

I'm not sure how to properly test this out to see what the issue is, but it is new with 1.2.5, and it is repeatable.

What else should I try, or is this enough information for the testers to look into it?

--------------

I have determined that this bug does not occur with other flynow missions, only the Fw 190. When I try out a custom mission that I made with the editor against the Fw 190, the same bug occurs. There is no force resistance in the joystick on the second sortie.

-------------

Another edit: A work around to the problem is to unplug the joystick and plug it back it every time DCS goes back to the launcher in between sorties. FWIW...

Edited by gavagai
more testing

• 1 month later...

Sorry, now it is worse again with 1.2.6.

fps is up to 60, which is nice. However, stick shake is absent. There is also a weird thing where the keyboard and joystick buttons have an input delay with ffb enabled. When I did a second quick mission I lost keyboard and joystick button input entirely. If it helps, there seems to be a little stuttering associated with the button input delay.

:helpsmilie:

Edited by gavagai

Confirm lack of stick shake. Button delay I need to test further, but I did wonder yesterday why it became so much harder to lock on Ka50's Shkval on enemy helis...

Also my MSFF2 turns on 100% FF when leaving missions now (I have its FF sensor taped over so it does not turn off FF when I take my hand off the stick).

Nothing?:helpsmilie:

I had never thought to replace the native ffb file with that.

First try it seemed ok. There was no longer a delay with button inputs or keystrokes, but there was no stick shake. Second try with a quick mission I lost all keyboard and joystick button input, again.

Sim is broken for me. Can't play.:(

Edited by gavagai

Hello

Wrote the post after one try but you are correct, it seems to work once only....

you can always use your original one from last SEP' 5ft.

GP

My rig:

WIN 10 64bit

I7 6700k

Gigabyte GTX 1080 TI

16GB RAM

650W PS

MS FFB2

The fact that I lose keyboard/joystick button input with either file suggests the problem is somewhere else. I experimented with the ffb file you linked in the past, and it never caused that problem before.

Oh well. I haven't seen a tester or someone from ED post in this thread for a couple months. Very frustrating to say the least. I'm not going to buy the 190 for DCS World if my joystick won't work (and it works ok in every other flight sim I own).

It had some glitches but worked ok in 1.2.5. How does it go from there to 1.2.6? Doesn't anyone test this stuff before they add the changes to the release?

------------

Ok, here is one possible work around. Unplug your joystick and plug it back in between each sortie. This seems to reset the drivers and then you won't lose ffb on the next sortie. That is what I had to do with 1.2.5, but then I still had stick shake. This workaround for 1.2.6 keeps the ffb, with different forces for different airspeeds, and the movable stick centering position with elevator trim, but lacks stick shake.

I'm going to test more and see if it's a workable stop-gap until this debacle gets sorted.

-----------

Workaround still has the keyboard/joystick button input delay. Basically, enabling ffb through the DCS launcher screws up keyboard/joystick button inputs. I also see the stuttering with the alternate FFTest file.

Tried one more thing. Disable ffb in the launcher, and ran the alternate ffb.exe from the desktop. It worked for a few minutes and then became entirely screwed up, with the stick trying to center in a fully aft position.

So I am dead in the water until this is fixed.

Edited by gavagai

Edited by gavagai

keyboard/joystick button input delay. Basically, enabling ffb through the DCS launcher screws up keyboard/joystick button inputs.

Just wondering- how do you test the button input delay? I also have suspicions that buttons' input is delayed by around half a second, but it is hard to put forward some definite evidence. I've never lost buttons input completely - unlike you.

Stick shake is definitely gone though.