UH-1 Skins.

JesseJames38

Hello Crashmo,

WOW your repaint is always incredible and I'm sure that your work finish this painting is one of the most beautiful ever seen for the Huey.

This repaint is very complex and to the final the render will be amazing !!!

Once again I just thank you for your incredible talent and your kindness,

I'm very sorry for my poor English.

Skull.

like-thumb.jpg

Edited by Skulleader

Skinners and Painters

Hey Everyone,

I have found that the templates have an alignment problem on the engine housing and looking for solutions.

Along the top and side of the housing are vents that are vertical on the sides and horizontal along the top of the housing. They are long and thin. There are about 12 of them.

The vents have a small cover over each one venting the air from inside to outside of the housing toward the back of the aircraft. These little individual covers are not aligned with the vents themselves.

If one paints the housing a solid color this doesn't matter. However, if I paint stripes across the vents, the stripe crosses the vent and each little cover at a different place, causing misalignment.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Example:

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5738

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5739

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5741

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5740

:helpsmilie:

Hi Crashmo,

you can do nothing.

The 3D Modeler put these parts on this position during the "UVW unwraping" in 3DStudioMax, and only he can change it.

Try not to paint lines (two different colors) over theses areas.

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

Aaarrgghhh

Thanks, I guess it won't be a perfect paint job then.

:doh:

Well, it has taken so long and there are many fine adjustment left to be made. Here is a preliminary file if you wish to play with an unfinished product. I will spend the next weeks refining things, adding pin striping, aligning stripes, etc. I spend some time every day, so far about 15-20 hours. My eyes get wiggy from looking at the screen and I have to stop.

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5744

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/19810758/file.html

This is ver. 2.0. For now, we'll call this a finished version.

I will also post this again on page 24 of this thread. Many thanks to Upuaut for his 50% input.

If you want the weapon mounts to appear white, like they do here, you must move a file to textures. Included in this folder (which would normally be placed in you DCS World/Bazar/liveries/uh-1h folder) you will find a file named: Uh1_weapons_wht. Cut that file from here and paste it into the DCS World/Bazar/textures/uh-1h zipped folder. Win 7 will automatically compress it as necessary.

Disregard this last paragraph. I just didn't reload it correctly in my model viewer. As pointed out in the post below, use notepad ++ or something like it and change the description file to read false in the weapons line where it now reads true.

{"uh1_weapon", 0 ,"Uh1_weapons_wht",false};

Every time I make an update, I will post the new file here. Keep an eye out for the change versions.

Edited by Crashmo

Crashmo, try adding this line to the description.lua to save copying the file to textures folders uh-1h.zip. I haven't tested it but it should work and will save the file being overwritten every update.

Aussie..

Could you post any more description.lua lines that you may have mate..

Obviously the two internal ones were a god send :)

Cheers

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

I spend some time every day, so far about 15-20 hours. My eyes get wiggy from looking at the screen and I have to stop.

Hi Crashmo,

it's a really nice work so far. If I can help you with the tricky lines, let me know.

description.lua

Crashmo, try adding this line to the description.lua to save copying the file to textures folders uh-1h.zip. I haven't tested it but it should work and will save the file being overwritten every update.

Thanks, I did try that and it didn't work for me. I'm not sure why. It does work with the way I wrote and you're correct, I did have to reload it when I did an update.

alignment help

Hi Crashmo,

it's a really nice work so far. If I can help you with the tricky lines, let me know.

I will take any help you are willing. Many Thanks. Here is the body template, I can handle the alignment with the tail. The tail is mostly finished. :thumbup:

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/80786884/file.html

And the Cover:

http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/31776871/file.html

This is what we are trying to achieve. Also, the Youtube site is of Tom Humann's aircraft, the actual one we are modeling. It's the last photo, 104, N481DF.

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5748

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5749

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5747

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5745

Cheers

Edited by Crashmo

Thanks, I did try that and it didn't work for me. I'm not sure why. It does work with the way I wrote and you're correct, I did have to reload it when I did an update.

When you change the description.lua in that way you will need to restart modelviewer. Just clicking the reload menu won't do it due to the way modelviewer handles textures.

Below screenie showing the mounts using the method mentioned

When you change the description.lua in that way you will need to restart modelviewer. Just clicking the reload menu won't do it due to the way modelviewer handles textures.

Right you are, I'll change that later today. :thumbup:

Hello Crashmo,

I know that your repaint is not finish but I really love this skin !!!

Congratulation for your work because this repaint is not easy...

Once again a great thanks. Skull

• Like 1

Hi,

one side with the lines is almost ready (a blk. part is still to do).

It is really hard to paint the lines.

I think it was nerver planed, from the 3D-Modeler, to put such a kind of skin on the UH-1.

108.jpg

Hi upuaut,

I thought I read somewhere they had plans for a slick version. May have been wishful thinking on my part.

The roof section will be the hard bit to get right on that skin, which is looking pretty good IMO, nice work Crashmo

Hello guys,

Upuaut, I'm sure that's repaint is a real nightmare and these red lines really hard to adjust.

But this "CA FIRE" is so beautiful and perfect for our future Huey slick...

Dear friends congratulations for your patience and talent.

nice work Crashmo
Yes Aussieboy you have right :thumbup: :drunk:

Skull.

Hello Upuaut,

WOW, yes you have right !!!

Each time that you present us your repaint the result is incredible and awesome...

Very impressive, I really love this repaint...

Thanks in advance and best regards. Skull

Edited by Skulleader

That is outstanding! I have been working on the other side and thought I would give you some tips from my side of the work. Ha ha ha.

I'll just let you take it from here if you like. My Model Viewer is glitching so I want to fix that first. And I'm away from home on a 4 day trip again, but I brought the laptop with me so I will continue working on it.

:pilotfly: