Releasing "slick" Mk82AIRs?

Nealius

According to the manual all you have to do to release Mk82AIRs in a low drag configuration is set the fusing to NOSE. I did this via the DSMS profile page (and confirmed fusing set to NOSE when rolling in on the target) but the ballutes still deployed. Is there a setting in the Inventory page that needs to be changed as well?

I think this might be a little bit misleading. Setting a given MK-82AIR to fixed lo should make that bomb ONLY drop in slick mode.

If you set it to Pilot Opt (Or something, I'm not entirely sure if that's what the label was), that if you fuse nose it will drop slick, or fuse N/T it will drop hi-drag.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another silly question from me, I read that the MK82AIRs can be set to explode at x height above ground to maximise the damage. Is this modelled in DCS?

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

Another silly question from me, I read that the MK82AIRs can be set to explode at x height above ground to maximise the damage. Is this modelled in DCS?

Not yet, I remember a post a long time ago that it was a feature they wanted to do. Nothing more than that has come of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think this might be a little bit misleading. Setting a given MK-82AIR to fixed lo should make that bomb ONLY drop in slick mode.

If you set it to Pilot Opt (Or something, I'm not entirely sure if that's what the label was), that if you fuse nose it will drop slick, or fuse N/T it will drop hi-drag.

I tried that setting once and it didn't seem to work.

The main reason I want to use the AIRs is for cosmetic purposes, as for some reason the models on all my Mk82s and BDU50s look like their nose has been hacked off (see "Fuseless Mk82s" in the Bug/Object Error forums).

The main reason I want to use the AIRs is for cosmetic purposes, as for some reason the models on all my Mk82s and BDU50s look like their nose has been hacked off (see "Fuseless Mk82s" in the Bug/Object Error forums).

Oh well in that case fixed lo should be perfect. You shouldn't need to mess around with your fuse settings either, fixed lo should always drop low-drag.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't have any problems after setting FIXED LO in the Inventory page then selecting NOSE in the DSMS profile. The DSMS profile was still showing FIXED HI but it worked:

How the hell do you embed videos? The [YOUTUBE] tags don't work.

I didn't have any problems after setting FIXED LO in the Inventory page then selecting NOSE in the DSMS profile. The DSMS profile was still showing FIXED HI but it worked:

How the hell do you embed videos? The [YOUTUBE] tags don't work.

[YOUTUBE]MSUKaEKldBk[/YOUTUBE

Add the square bracket at the end. You only use the code at the end.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing