MAVS at night

steve_giraffe

Hello! :)

Well, on TGP u can switch WHOT/BHOT/TV with lalt+rigt/left arrow but im not sure if there is same option to Mav. Easiest way is to mark targets with TGP, set SPI and slave mav to SPI. Hope i helped :)

Regards

Dave

It's not on the MFCDs but on the HOTAS. On the TM Warthog it's the button above the china hat button that allows you to change to white/dark hot.

Don't remember the exact denomination fo the button though, sorry :p

Thanks for quick reply.

The MAV screen on the MFD is virtually black at night so i think its struggling to see the target - the white cross hair is there but if i change the contrast of the screen is better but you still cant make anything out.

Am I doing something wrong at night by mav targeting?

It's not on the MFCDs but on the HOTAS. On the TM Warthog it's the button above the china hat button that allows you to change to white/dark hot.

Don't remember the exact denomination fo the button though, sorry :p

Coolie hat.

You can also use the TGP in B/WHOT mode to find the target first, set it as SPI, then slave your Mav cam to SPI.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

the button to switch black and white hot is the boat switch. In all mavericks, it does nothing but change the crosshair color, not the sensor. If you turned on mavericks for more than 30 mins, you get CHECK EO TIME as MFD message. The imaging sensor on the maverick has warmed too much to be able to differentiate hot objects from cold objects. turn it off, then turn it back on. expect the usual 3 mins warming time delay.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

the button to switch black and white hot is the boat switch. In all mavericks, it does nothing but change the crosshair color, not the sensor. If you turned on mavericks for more than 30 mins, you get CHECK EO TIME as MFD message. The imaging sensor on the maverick has warmed too much to be able to differentiate hot objects from cold objects. turn it off, then turn it back on. expect the usual 3 mins warming time delay.

Thats not implemented. Never had issues with the mavericks that related to the mav timer. I also conducted independent tests to make triple sure this was the case, 3-5 hours flying with them powered up didn't hinder the IR detection/acquisition ability in the slightest.

I was under the impression that the Mavs would lock on but become less and less accurate the longer the sensor was on beyond 30 min, but maybe that's not modelled either.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Thats not implemented. Never had issues with the mavericks that related to the mav timer. I also conducted independent tests to make triple sure this was the case, 3-5 hours flying with them powered up didn't hinder the IR detection/acquisition ability in the slightest.

well, as far back as I can remember, that always was the case, unless 1.2.3 had the EO time removed.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I was also under the impression that the eo effects were never implemented- that comes from when I first started playing and didn't know what it meant... I believe it was one of the testers who explained it to me and said it wasn't modeled.

Would be happy to know that was changed If that is indeed how it is suppose to work!

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I was also under the impression that the eo effects were never implemented- that comes from when I first started playing and didn't know what it meant... I believe it was one of the testers who explained it to me and said it wasn't modeled.

Would be happy to know that was changed If that is indeed how it is suppose to work!

I test certain things when new patches come out, this is one of the things I look for, still not modelled. IIRC there should also be limits when you can deploy the mav's, I've deployed them during the inverted stage of a roll with no problems.

well, as far back as I can remember, that always was the case, unless 1.2.3 had the EO time removed.

The timer is still there, as is the ability to set IFF notifications through the IFFCC menu. Neither are functionally modelled. If it helps your immersion you can still cycle the timer, although it doesn't make any difference in performance of the missile.

Edited by wess24m