Cold Start Training Hangup

Am I supposed to wait an extremely long amount of time during the engine start/idle, then full RPM portion? I can get past the start/idle quickly by increasing the throttle a small portion, but does that mess up the full throttle portion afterwards?

my cold start training did hang too, but came to an end while flying when i pushed fully down the collective stick during a descent. I could not reproduce the effect on ground - seems to be an issue with the rpm governor for me.

The power up to full power can take a while as those last few RPM come up. Try accelerating time for a couple of minutes to see if it gets there or it's really stuck. LCTRL+Z to accelarate time, LSHIFT+Z to reset to normal.

I think there is some issue with this, after I started it up and flew around for about 10 minutes, that step of the tutorial finally went away. The throttle was definitely at 100% and the RPMs were fine.

I have the same problem. I guess the message and completion is a triggered action? Perhaps the value of the trigger is a bit too high.

I could also not get enough rpm on the ground, not even with use of the governer increase/decrease switch on the collective. Only during flight the message dissapeared and then after some time came another message saying that the tutorial ended and i was ready for take-off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having a bit of a hangup as well, when it's telling me to make sure the throttle is set to idle part. I tried pressing the page down button 500 times and keeping it depressed for over a minute. I have a sneaky feeling that my x-52 pro is the problem though, but I dont see quite how.. I checked my axis and it seems good. I also used the input overlay to confirm that the throttle is properly idle. Could anyone post a pictur of what it looks like when idle?

Thanks.

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm having a bit of a hangup as well, when it's telling me to make sure the throttle is set to idle part. I tried pressing the page down button 500 times and keeping it depressed for over a minute. I have a sneaky feeling that my x-52 pro is the problem though, but I dont see quite how.. I checked my axis and it seems good. I also used the input overlay to confirm that the throttle is properly idle. Could anyone post a pictur of what it looks like when idle?

Thanks.

It appears as though there's a genuine bug here. There's no way to progress beyond the "Set throttle to 0" phase of the tutorial.

Can someone from BST please check this out and confirm, please?

Thanks!

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yes, there is likely a bug now due to some changes (and new bugs) in 1.2.6. Will fix.

Thanks EB. Much appreciated.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Thanks.

Same here.

I got around it by mousing over the throttle, scrolling down until is no longer rotates right. The you press the throttle stop button (located in the lower right hand corner of the collective controls box), then mouse over the throttle again and scroll down until it stops rotating right.

The next part of the training sequence will kick in.

It will highlight the 'throttle stop' button and tell you to start up the engines. However this does not work. You have to press the HOME button (I was unable to find the engine start button).

Once the engines are running, the next part of the training never kicks in unfortunately. Though I suspect that that was the last step in the training.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

I had the same issue. Fortunately, the procedure is simple enough compared to other DCS titles that I figured it out from written guides, etc.

I can't find the engine start button, either. I'm able to do everything else by clicking in the virtual cockpit but I have to use "Home" for that. Is there actually a clickable button?

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried the UH-1H for the first time and it gets stuck on the same point as described above. After making sure controls are center and throttle is idle tutorial won't progress from that point. I can start it up and fly around but tutorial is stuck to the point where you check throttle. Tried it with kb only but same result.

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!