Huey start sequence, doesn't seem to work.

Lynx1677

So I follow the start sequence, holding down the start button but nothing. Tried from scratch 4 or 5 times now.

I have an annoying claxon going off in my ear since I tunred on the battery.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

So I follow the start sequence, holding down the start button but nothing. Tried from scratch 4 or 5 times now.
Rotors don't turn at all?

I have an annoying claxon going off in my ear since I tunred on the battery.
Set the LOW RPM AUDIO switch to off, it's directly left to the yellow fuel switch. You may want to switch it back on after the RPM has picked up so the annoying sound can alert you to an impending disaster :D

Battery on, Starter Gen on, Fuel on.... hit the starter and it should start.

Check for those things first.

Don't worry about turning the low rotor audio back on, it'll automatically turn back on approaching normal N2/NR (can't remember the figure atm).

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I have the same problem, though my rotors do turn. Right after I turn the battery on this alarm goes off and the RPM light on the warning panel is lit up. I've tried 10x now following the instructions exactly, as far as I can tell, but I keep screwing things up...

Okay, I just tried it once again, doing everything exactly the same (though I did turn the switch off for the alarm for low RPM) and managed to take off! Of course it wasn't pretty and I flew around a bit and then proceeded to crash into the ground and blow up trying to land... but those are minor details. :)

Edited by 609 Avatar
Add more...

S!

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case

I think the manual states 40 RPM or 40 seconds, whichever comes first.

As for the Low RPM alarm, it is annoying but normal behaviour. Just turn it off (actually, it might even be worth turning it off before turning on the battery). And it indeed snaps back to normal when your RPM get in the normal operation parameters.

It'll have to be after electrical power is applied, the switch is electrically held in the off position and will spring back to the on/audio position without power.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Can we Hotstart the T-53 in DCS ? By allowing fuel to enter combustion chamber before reaching let's say 12% Ng for example ?

The throttle should be set at idle prior to engaging the starter, the primary fuel nozzles will automatically open at 8-13% N1 as long as there isn't a malfunction (open nozzle, low battery, etc) or the throttle isn't set too far above idle.

As for hot starts, not yet but as far as I know this is planned to be implemented. Will add some excitement to starts and ensure that people check their DC voltages before and during starts. :)

Cheers,

- Bear

Edited by HuggyBear
missing capital

- Robert A. Heinlein

Did you reset/extinguish the Master Caution during your pre-start checks?

If so, when (what N2/NR) does the Master Caution re-appear as you advance the throttle?

If you then reset/extinguish the Master Caution does it re-appear?

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein