Upgrading from BS to BS2 - How to?

I've conducted several searches on the issue of upgrading BS1 to BS2 and although I have found several threads regarding the problem, I am yet to find one that concisely explains how to do it, or one where the OP was able to successfully solve the problem and get the install working. I'm not saying such a thread doesn't exist, but I just want you all to know that I looked, before you yell.

Anyway, so I have DCS World installed and updated. I have the modules for Combined Arms, A-10 and UH-1 Huey all installed and updated, as well. However, I simply CANNOT get BS2 to get installed. How the hell do you do it, step-by-step?

I have BS1 installed on my system and activated. It does not run through DCS World, I use a separate short cut for it, and it is updated to the latest version and runs fine. However, when I try to install the BS2 upgrade through the DCS World module manager, I get a pop-up telling me that BS1 must be installed and activated first. Why is the module manager not detecting the BS1 install? Does the BS1 install have to be installed a specific folder? If so, which one? What else could the problem be?

Please help, this is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

S/F

There is one question in the Ka-50 module installation process that is easy to miss. Make sure you SELECT the UPGRADE from the dropdown box!

I don't have any drop down boxes in the module manager, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

In my module manager, each module is listed separately, and I click on the install button to the right of the one that says BS2 - UPGRADE. I'm pretty sure I'm doing that much right...then when the install begins to run, I get the pop-up telling me I need to have BS1 installed and activated before I can install BS2.

In my module manager, each module is listed separately, and I click on the install button to the right of the one that says BS2 - UPGRADE. I'm pretty sure I'm doing that much right...then when the install begins to run, I get the pop-up telling me I need to have BS1 installed and activated before I can install BS2.

That sounds pretty weird. Could it be a problem with the module manager?

You could download the BS2 Upgrade installer separately and then launch it. Does that work any better?

That sounds pretty weird. Could it be a problem with the module manager?

You could download the BS2 Upgrade installer separately and then launch it. Does that work any better?

Nope...tried that too. Same problem. DCS World refuses to detect my install of BS1. Now I noticed that if I go into the module manager and check out the installed modules tab, KA 50 is there. HOWEVER, when I click on the serial number button, it says "No Key." Unfortunately, I am unable to manually type it into the box. Still, I'm not sure why it is not there. BS1 is activated and it runs fine when I launch it from its own shortcut.

Same here,, I have BS1 installed updated and fully working,, when in DCS and upgraded, it refuses to see BS1 !!!!

I know this has been hashed over many times, but those of us that upgraded BS1 to BS2, have been going through this nightmare dance every time we get an update, of having to show we have BS1, and going though the hell dance, over and over and over and over again,, and I know that if we buy BS2, even though we already bought it as an upgrade, it might stop the shafting each time the upgrades comes along, but why can't we just be treated as equals!? Just make it so we are official BS2 owners and not 2nd class pilots who upgraded and must dance...

Just very frustrated of the same thing every time,,,

:cry:

Nope...tried that too. Same problem. DCS World refuses to detect my install of BS1. Now I noticed that if I go into the module manager and check out the installed modules tab, KA 50 is there. HOWEVER, when I click on the serial number button, it says "No Key." Unfortunately, I am unable to manually type it into the box. Still, I'm not sure why it is not there. BS1 is activated and it runs fine when I launch it from its own shortcut.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I had this problem yesterday. I had to uninstall and reinstall all of DCS to get the BS2 Upgrade to recognize my BS1 installation.

You need to be sure to select the right value ("Upgrade from BS1 international key blahblah") in the drop-down *the first time* you install the BS2 Upgrade setup.exe. If you mess this up the first time you install BS2 Upgrade you're screwed and have to wipe DCS clean and start over (or at least I did). I tried installing BS2 again and selecting a different value in the drop-down but it didn't have any effect until I uninstalled DCS and reinstalled everything.

Probably something Eagle could and should fix.

Same here,, I have BS1 installed updated and fully working,, when in DCS and upgraded, it refuses to see BS1 !!!!

I know this has been hashed over many times, but those of us that upgraded BS1 to BS2, have been going through this nightmare dance every time we get an update, of having to show we have BS1, and going though the hell dance, over and over and over and over again,, and I know that if we buy BS2, even though we already bought it as an upgrade, it might stop the shafting each time the upgrades comes along, but why can't we just be treated as equals!? Just make it so we are official BS2 owners and not 2nd class pilots who upgraded and must dance...

Just very frustrated of the same thing every time,,,

:cry:

Hear hear. Please allow us to simply enter the key.

I am very dismayed that there does not seem to be an official position by ED on this problem, or any effort to resolve it. It is clearly a problem experienced by a number of customers. There are dozens of threads on the topic and very little input or feedback on how to solve it or what to do in order to avoid it.

I've had a very similar issue. I have DVD install of BS1 and I purchased the upgrade but it never asks me for my upgrade key and therefore when I launch the game I cannot fly the Blackshark...

I've raised this with support, they've tried to help but to no avail. It's been over a month now and they've stopped trying to help (they said they are very busy).

I purchased BS when it first came out and am running out of activations so I would prefer not to have to uninstall everything just to move forward. Unactivating everything will be quite the process.

Well for $29.99 for an "update" is hard to shallow, I really hope for better. I love how Rise of Flight did. I got 2 BS1 and I dont want to re-install it again. A serial number should suffice.

Fly it like you stole it..