Coalition changing

I perused the manual and played with the sim, but there appears no way of changing the coalition around anymore. Is this correct?

It'll be more than a crying-shame if we can't do that. As part of the 159th GAR, I make many missions and a big requirement is to be able to face Soviet/Russian stuff with like-wise AC. :(

Anyway, otherwise, so far I'm pretty impressed with DCS World and CA. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

• 4 months later...
Has anyone tried editing the mission file inside the miz directly? While a bit messy, it doesn't look unmanageable.

there was a tiny addon for FC2 that returned the option to change coalition after mission was created so I assume it might still be possible... somehow.

silly design choice or lack theroff in my opinion. Why would you not be able to change coalition after creating the mission?

cause you can make sequential campaing mission by starting from the same "central scenery" mission file :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Its possible, it just takes some knowledge and editing of the mission file in a text editor.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Its possible, it just takes some knowledge and editing of the mission file in a text editor.

Yep, I poked around inside the mission file and figured it out. Based on the structure of the file it seems it could cause complications if the country you're moving has units assigned to it. I just removed everything before changing them and it seems to have worked as desired.

Yup, you can sure change the coalitions in a mission, just remind it's going to be a PITA if you have a lot of units.

But it's doable.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro