VRsimpit Parts offering

Flim

Hey Flim, great to see that you're back at these pits again. I missed out on purchasing the UMC kits a while back, so I'm very excited to see this development.

I would definitely be interested in F-18 and F-35 seats.

I'm in Brisbane Australia, so shipping would be pretty expensive. Maybe someone should construct these kits under licence so that people can save on shipping costs, so that funds can be used for additional items with the kits.

Is Oculus Rift expensive to purchase?

I've subscribed to the VRpit.com email notification, and will be watching this very closely.

Cheers

Rossco

I would be interested in 2 Huey seat, with collective mount and also the instrument panel with the instrument cut outs and the bezel for the instruments. I think the center console would easy to do as well. My goal is to build 2 seat sim with duel controls and have 3 projectors setup for front, right and left view. Let me know the price and when it's ready for shipment:).

Showtime817

The Arming lever will be included in wood, I still need to cut one out.

I'm also thinking about making a Huey seat, with collective mount. Not sure how many would be interested.

Other Seats in the works: F-35, F-16, F-18, Russian K36 or similar... let me know if any of you would like to see a different seat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're doing the Huey seat what ever you do don't add the quick release lever just incase wives find out about it.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

My goal initially was to build a full working A-10 simulator with 5 projectors, but as I the jumped into kickstarter last year with the Oculus rift my plans have changed. After receiving my rift development kit, I realized that even a 5 projector setup could not match the immersion of sitting in full 3d cockpit with 1:1 head-tracking. After testing for a couple months, I now realize the full potential this will bring to simulation and even military training. The rift will enable a low cost fully immersive training for many applications.

Now, my plan is just to offer plans at this time because It will be to difficult for me to get parts out in a timely matter with my schedule. I will offer PDF files so you can print 1:1 to build yourn own seat. Right now plans for the Aces A-10 seat, stick mounts, and floor will be $65 dollars. I'm trying to keep the price fair, and help motivate myself to create other seats and setups for you guys.

The TM stick Mod will be available as well, but we are looking into a place where the printed parts can be ordered online and Vrpit will provide the plans/BOM to assemble your own.

Plans coming soon: F-35 seat, F-18 seat, K-36(Russian) seat, Huey seat and collective, A-10 cockpit structure, F-16 seat and structure.

Plan Preview - printable 1:1 PDF

35b59ce5-206e-48b4-995f-86357d02fe21.jpg

c10df5e6-7b3e-4db7-91c5-b7c8e9e5ddcb.jpg

Edited by Flim

Bring on F/A-18 and F-35 seats. Can the plans be made available as a digital download (autocad file) so that I can just give the design to a CNC place and they can cut it out for me.

What I'd like to do is have left, right and centre consoles but make them as individual pieces.

Would a go-flight console serve well as left and right consoles or construct them to suit the seat dimensions?

Ya, I will provide a file that can be used to cnc, but have limitations on copying etc..

My plan, was to have a generic console of some type maybe where you can mount radios and the cdu... Also, mounting for the gear lever.

Edited by Flim

Now this is a great idea, I've been given permission to get a Occulus Rift once it's become available commercially. Now my main issue was space for a full cockpit setup, with these plans, am I right in saying that the footprint is significantly less than say a dimebug pit.

I love the idea of selling 1/1 scale PDFs. Can't wait to see the Huey seat. Although I could be very very tempted with the A10 seat. :)

Time to sweet talk the wife.

Do I just send you a PM to Purchase Film, as the site seems to be under construction.

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Updated front page guys with a preview of the A-10 VRpit plans PDF. Basically print, cut and make your parts. It will take work, but pretty cheap to do it yourself compared to having them cnc'd.

The Stick mod should be available in the next few days.

Lastly, our site will updated as well.

Thanks, Flim

Edited by Flim

Here is the A-10 full pit we will have ready shortly...

The Aces 2 seat plans we offer is the seat that is used below as well as for the standalone setup.

The PDF plans will consist of 1:1 stencils of the front and side consoles. More info will follow!

Huey front and side console plans to follow !

A-10kit1.png

A-10kit2.png

Edited by Flim

Under Development. (Almost done - we still need to build a prototype)

UH-1H Collective

Overall.Collective.PNG.183c488b8ed1da127990fba7a5986d1f.PNG

Features:

Twist Grip for throttle.

2X Hall sensors (One for throttle, one for collective position)

Realistic Collective Range of Motion

Quality Switches

USB Plug and Play

It will be sold as a kit - will come with a bill of materials, instructions, and all required 3D printed parts, plus the legend plate for the control head.

It also will not be difficult to swap the control heads on it for future collectives.

Under Development. (Almost done - we still need to build a prototype)

UH-1H Collective

[ATTACH]85108[/ATTACH]

Features:

Twist Grip for throttle.

2X Hall sensors (One for throttle, one for collective position)

Realistic Collective Range of Motion

Quality Switches

USB Plug and Play

It will be sold as a kit - will come with a bill of materials, instructions, and all required 3D printed parts, plus the legend plate for the control head.

It also will not be difficult to swap the control heads on it for future collectives.

Like it. :)

Can't wait to find out how much it will be with post and packaging to the uk.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 8 months later...