DCS Huey & Head Tracking

Got the Huey Module and Love it!!!

however, I use freetrack, and it works properly. I like using the head tracker for the flex sight, but for the door gunners on the other hand i'd rather use the mouse to aim the guns. If I stop tracking view is stuck where it was. If i try to move it snaps back.

Only thing I can do to resolve is take out the Headtracker folder in my install directory so I'm back to the default way of looking about with the mouse or pov buttons.

Any one know how to resolve? like changing a value in one of the .lua's or something to allow mouse look when headtracker isn't tracking?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC

GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler

Me too. Huey is Sweet! Now we just need a Kiowa Warrior to make Longbow 2 Jealous! Of course an Airwolf module complete with laser gun an Rocket/Grenade launchers an 2 Guns on the stubs would be just kick ass~! I don't know about the other problems.

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Can't you pause freetrack and press LAlt+C to activate mouse view?

No

Thats what I meant when I said stop tracking. The Headtracker .dll you need to enable head track messes with mouse movement. It twitches like its trying to move but is recentered on where I paused the tracking.

Edited by Sn0w_Lynx
addition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC

GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler

Similar issue has been discussed here.

No solution for now.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Since 1.2.5, it seems somethings have changed around Huey also, yet from now i can't seem to be able to control the gunner or the machine gun anymore using the mouse. Any idea how to retake control of the gunner in 1.2.5?

Cheers!:thumbup:

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

With Track IR I found I had to disable it BEFORE I jumped to the door gunner position to get effective mouse control. Don't know Headtracker but sounds like they could use some sort of Pause function too.

I'm still ok in 1.2.5 also

My mistake i didn't realise what the disable trackir function was used for in the options menu..., and that's why my gunner didn't listen to my mouse anymore. My bad i didn't open my eyes enough!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

• 1 month later...
Hmmmm. Can you explain what steps you following when attempting to mouse aim in the gunner positions? I also use FreeTrack and it's working perfectly so long as you pause head tracking and toggle the mouse control...

OK, this is my sequence:

1) Start the flight in pilot position. Tracking is possible with my head. Mouse pointer is a cross. Movement is not possible. If I press LAlt+C mouse movement is not possible (is inmediately returned to FreeTrack control).

2) Change to a gunner position (by pressing "3" or "4"). Gunner aiming is possible with my head. Mouse aiming is not possible, but I can fire. If I press LAlt+C mouse aiming is not possible either.

3) Press Shift+F9 to disable FreeTrack. Gunner aiming is not possible with my head. Mouse aiming is not possible. If I press LAlt+C mouse aiming is not possible either.

Thanks in advance.

Damn. Sounds like you're doing all the right things! Which leaves me stumped... The only other thing I can think of is to get you to look at the "TrackIr Aiming" option under Options -> Special -> UH-1H. I have that option enabled, what do you have it set to? Perhaps it's worth flipping the value from what you currently have set to see what happens?

Damn. Sounds like you're doing all the right things! Which leaves me stumped... The only other thing I can think of is to get you to look at the "TrackIr Aiming" option under Options -> Special -> UH-1H. I have that option enabled, what do you have it set to? Perhaps it's worth flipping the value from what you currently have set to see what happens?

The above is with "TrackIR aiming enabled". When disabled, no gunner aiming is possible with TrackIR nor mouse.

Edited by splash

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...

If anyone gets here, check Uncoupled Aiming On/Off binding. And in case you want to use the joystick for aiming Absolute/Relative Axis Aiming is also handy.

With TrackIR you'll still have separate view and aiming, which sucks a bit. There should also be an option to sync the view to the gun - or, indeed, to disable the TrackIR, which effectively does the same.

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube