Getting tired of this s%$#

xXNightEagleXx

Does any one of you know if they do some sort of refund system? Never did this but eagle dynamics products went far over the limits and i'm starting to think about it.

It is not a matter of missing features (which miss the whole war environment in terms of aircrafts, this is more about flight simulator than combat flight simulator). It is a matter of instability that get worse after each update and as user and programmer it is hard to accept it, my faith it is getting lower and lower since i see NO MOVE FROM ED.

As a software house where stability is really missing the least that could have done is to SHOW what they are doing to bring stability back and show NUMBERS and not just words or pictures.

For me they have no credibility anymore, surely some fanboy will get pissed off because of this comment but i give no s%$^ about ANY COMPANY neither i'm a shareholder so i want to see final result in all terms (quality, stability, realism, etc...)

If they have problem with ATI, ED should be the first one to notify that everywhere which i have never seen here from them. If they have financial limits then there is something called priorities and before releasing a bunch of features/modules everything should be stable and fixed. I'm starting to see the same behavior that can be seen in sh$%%y companies like EA, quality does not matter what matters is $$$.

Everytime an update come out the FPS gets more unstable, and playing with lua (which is already wrong as concept, config GUI MUST BE ENOUGH) gets lesser effective after each update.

I have 4 words to describe last months of ED, "very bad software development" now the question is : this awful result is due to bad software engineering and organization (required too much to the team with bad organization) or due to avidity and money priority?

hmm - in the world of flight simulators whether combat or not - its a niche market and I'd love to see you name 3 or 4 flight sims that are on the same level of any DCS products. I'm definitely no fanboy - I just love flight sims, been playing since back in the Chuck Yeager days... This is a very intricate product with many pieces and components and yeah sometimes somethings might have issues, but I'd be hard pressed to find another flight sim on this level to give me the enjoyment that the DCS products do. It could be worse, DCS could go the way of MSFS , how would you feel then? For me, it would suck...

to be honest, thats not fair what you´ve said.

ED is doing a lot recently and they are currently working hard at ongoing projects. Wags is providing us with Information each Friday and the updates are quite short frequented comparing to earlier years, where there happened nothings for a long time.

ED is doing everythings to keep us stick to the program...

OK, it´s expensive. I have to agree with this...but it´s also nearly unic (exept of the falcon stuff, but thats another story).

The software runs quite well and bugs are getting fixed...of course it is not perfect, it also might never be, but it is working very well considering the huge amount of content beeing handeld by the software and comparing to other games. To point it out, "bad software development" is the last thing you´d say.

Program instability has a lot in common with your system. If you arent keeping your system clean, so software wont run properly in return.

If you really don´t like it anymore...fine, thats your good right...but than dont spread such a crap in the public forums. If you´ve encountered bugs, that are not yet known, report them...if you´re just upset with somethings certain, tell your pillow and punch it...that helps :)

Harsh as it may sound, its true. DCS IS slacking in terms of quality and stability.

I have hearth 2 or 3 people over the last 2 weeks orso that came back to DCS after a long time.

They have noticed some features introduced, but above all they noticed the following;

it runs worse

its less stable

it has more bugs

AI is even worse then before.

Mission's that were previously possible are not anymore cause the game will crash.

It simply can't handle the complexity of it anymore.

Be it cause of to many units, triggers or whatever combination there off. And other factors.

(mind you, it was working back in the day of KA-50 black shark 1 and things supposedly have gotten better, SUPPOSEDLY)

ED has a great concept whit DCS World, but they need to put some serious time into fixing it before adding any new stuff.

There is simply so much broken/working incorrectly that adding features to what we have now would be like carrying buckets of water to the ocean.

Sure you can do it, but it doesn't have any use.

DCS needs to become a solid codebase on which to build on before any features are added or even thought off.

Its not nice to say, and i don't like it either. But its the cold harsh truth.

DCS has been expanding rapidly, but its quality and reliability in a variety of fields is going down hill

FAST!

***EDIT***

ED is doing a lot recently and they are currently working hard at ongoing projects. Wags is providing us with Information each Friday and the updates are quite short frequented comparing to earlier years, where there happened nothings for a long time.

True, and lets be clear, i love the updates.

They don't improve game stability and performance though, its "just" news.

About the rest, there fixing bugs by introducing new ones.

there's also issues they seem to be ignoring.

Issues, that where not present in earlier versions of the game.

(be that FC 1, 2, BS1, BS2, A10C etc)

Edited by 159th_Falcon
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I do think you are being a trifle harsh. Unfortunately "instability" and PC's go hand in hand. I've had more than my share of technical issues in my time with DCS, but so I have with every other PC title I've ever owned/used. To say "quality does not matter what matters is $$$" I think is very unfair. If you compare to 777's Rise of Flight who charge you for every little things and will happily sell you scarves and stickers, then I think that ED's offerings come up very favourably. The only time they ask you to spend cash is for new models. And, come on now, who offers models anywhere near the same level of quality and fidelity? They are constantly working on both outstanding issues and future upgrades. I wish them all the best, and hope to be along for the ride for as long as time allows :)

williang83:

I sympathise with your position, but I think automag928 does have a point. The good old days of the 90s are gone, HiFi (and even LoFi) flight sims are a niche of a niche market. With everything ED 'plans' to do in the future, I think DCSW is going to be the only place to be for combat flight sims. This will make ED very powerful company and central company for combat flight sims - a very good thing for us all.

On the subject of stability, the way I look at it is that yes some patches are better than others, but this is an ever changing (and expanding) complex multiplayer environment. I treat it as being in a perpetual state of beta - this is normal for MP games using a similar model. With the LONG list of what is coming out in the 'future' (ED never give hints as to what this really means) I expect this to continue as a natural part of DCSW's development. 'Growing pains' if you will.

I am sure there is noone more eager for the sim to 'just work' than ED - they have bigger fish to fry and probably want to crack on with new modules, EDGE, maps, dynamic campaigns etc. Broken patches is causing them to slow down and fixing bugs doesn't make them money.

On the reverse of this coin, I really do sympathise. We all have the things we 'want/expect' from DCS/ED. I find it amazing to the point of a deliberate kick in the shins the fact that ED have made no comment on the F/A18c since May 17th. They tell us its being developed alongside everything else, but all we have heard from the last two months of wagdates is: AFM/LofI, Dora, improved graphics for none playable modules and, of course, patch details. (With a brief vacation to Nevada).

Evidence across the forums suggests people are interested in 3 things:

1) Stability

2) EDGE

3) F/A18c or some other HiFi multirole

Sadly, we have a company that is funded in the UK, managed/produced from the US and developed in Russia. Thus keeping things running smoothly going to be a challenge if only for that, even if you ignore the wider (and more important to ED) issue of remaining afloat money wise.

However, for all ED's faults, DCS is the only thing out there that does this, and even if it was broken (I don't think it is) it would still be twice as good as the alternatives.

Lets just hope ED manage all they are hoping to achieve and soon, and maybe, just maybe, choose to show us a better look on the inside (with all due respect to everyone, least of all Wags and ED) Wagdates just aint doing it for me. For my part, I really think the frustration everyone has is due to people not seeing what ED are getting up to behind closed, locked, sealed, guarded (with German police dogs, machine guns and mines) doors.

As the people with Cortex Design F/A18e banners signatures say:

"More news to the front"

One would hope (dare I say expect) that we should hope to see improvements to the stability over the course of the next 0-18 months. During which time one would very much hope that ED have completed all the things they have on their 'hit list' and had some months to stabilise the game.

All things told, providing ED remain afloat and keep turning out new content and keep things fixed I think this sim will be in a k**k a**e place :thumbup:

Hang tough mate - I am sure it will all be good soon, I don't think everyone's patience will hold otherwise :)

-Sharpe

Edited by Sharpe_95

Do not forget missiles are barely usable at this time either.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

hmm - in the world of flight simulators whether combat or not - its a niche market and I'd love to see you name 3 or 4 flight sims that are on the same level of any DCS products. I'm definitely no fanboy - I just love flight sims, been playing since back in the Chuck Yeager days... This is a very intricate product with many pieces and components and yeah sometimes somethings might have issues, but I'd be hard pressed to find another flight sim on this level to give me the enjoyment that the DCS products do. It could be worse, DCS could go the way of MSFS , how would you feel then? For me, it would suck...

It is not about comparing to others, neither point out that there are not a lot of choice out there.

It is about software quality, as programmer i know what a computer can do and cannot do, and i just don't see nothing so incredible here to say well it is impossible to these computers handle this.

I repeat it is not about missing features (we cannot call this game not even a good war simulation for aircrafts, it is missing a lot of features), it is about the final result and this product has a bad result, very very unstable! That's a fact whether someone like or not and complexity is not a excuse because mainly it gets complex when the development has a poor quality. Most of time (not always) complexity is a consequence and not the cause of bad programming.

Your argument is invalid because you hide the poor result behind the fact that there is no alternative or not enough, but my argument rely on the fact that the programming quality is very awful whether there is an alternative or not. Would you say that a car quality is good just because there is not many car that build them even if the engine dies, it leaks fuel, etc...????

I realize that most of ppl here just see this from a user point of view i see it also from a programmer point of view and what i see just sucks

Edited by xXNightEagleXx

ED is doing everythings to keep us stick to the program...

OK, it´s expensive. I have to agree with this...but it´s also nearly unic (exept of the falcon stuff, but thats another story).

The software runs quite well and bugs are getting fixed...of course it is not perfect, it also might never be, but it is working very well considering the huge amount of content beeing handeld by the software and comparing to other games. To point it out, "bad software development" is the last thing you´d say.

Program instability has a lot in common with your system. If you arent keeping your system clean, so software wont run properly in return.

If you really don´t like it anymore...fine, thats your good right...but than dont spread such a crap in the public forums. If you´ve encountered bugs, that are not yet known, report them...if you´re just upset with somethings certain, tell your pillow and punch it...that helps :)

It is not about the money itself, as a programmer i earn enough money! It is about the principles!

In future, please mind the forum rules. We welcome criticism but require productive criticism. See 1.10.

Also, putting random symbols to hide profanity does not make it evade rule 1.1.

I'll give you all the chance to start this over on a clean slate, so thread closed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester