steam and ED DCS World reg key's

No flaming cliffs is the product they own the name and rights to it and as you can see Ed is selling planes without the flaming cliff name as modules. So they can indeed give them away if they wanted. They are decoupling it from fc to get away from ubisofts restrictions.

Unless we can get those modules in steam and get bs2 and h1 I won't be moving over as I would lose too much that I have already paid for. I'm a steam fan but I have no issues with my dcsw standalone install so no lose here. In fact if I were to change there would be a lose

No- ED gifted you already with 6DOF Cockpits and a AFM upgrade for FC3 .

This makes this planes so unique that ED can republish them without the need of LockOn.

And this are up to date only the A-10A and Su-25.

All other planes of FC3 are still more or less the same planes that are incorporated in LockOn.

So they still require a LockOn installation.

Edited by PeterP

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a steam fan but I have no issues with my dcsw standalone install so no lose here. In fact if I were to change there would be a lose

This is precisely the attitude to have. Stand alone DCS: World and the module manager are pretty slick by themselves and if you don't want to re-purchase modules you don't have to.

Otherwise you could justify it as saying "hey, it's only $15-$20 per module, the modules aren't going to be released all at the same time so I'll just consolidate them on Steam as they become available and it won't be a huge up front cost. As a bonus, I get to support the developers."

Eagle Dynamics has gone above and beyond anything they needed to do for us, and for that I'm grateful.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

FC3 will not be available to transfer into Steam. You will have to re-purchase the individual modules as they become available. This is due to a licensing issue with Ubisoft and the Lock On series. This will never change.

The same extends to the Black Shark 2 upgrade. It is far too much work for Eagle Dynamics to try and cross check every previously purchased BS1/BS2 key pair and issue new BS2 keys to everyone who owns both. Your games work perfectly fine with the version of DCS World that will forever continue to be supported via dcs-world.com, if you want to use them with Steam you will have to re-purchase the stand-alone version of Black Shark 2 at this point in time.

UH-1H is not available via Steam yet as it is still considered a beta module. Once UH-1H is out of beta, it will show up in the Steam DLC list and the license key you are currently using should transfer over to Steam.

As for the other modules, you must open steam and go to the Games menu then select "Activate a Product on Steam". Follow the menu prompts, paste your activation key as provided by Eagle Dynamics for whichever module(s) you wish to activate, and click OK. It should automatically show up within DCS: World. You will have to repeat this process for each module you wish to transfer over to Steam.

Once you launch a mission, it will re-prompt you for these activation keys so that it can register with the Eagle Dynamics activation server and unlock your modules unless you have already registered them on your computer in which case I believe it just uses the activation data already stored on your computer.

As stated previously, FC3 will never be available to transfer into Steam due to licensing issues with Ubisoft and the Lock On series, but you can re-purchase the individual modules through Steam OR just keep around a separate install of DCS: World with just the FC3 planes installed. Personally I'll be re-purchasing the modules just for consolidation (as sending the extra $15 every few months is really not that big of a deal to me and I wish to support the developers).

Also as stated previously, UH-1H should be available for transfer into Steam once it has moved out of beta. Again, if you wish to fly the Huey, just keep a separate version of DCS: World installed that has the Huey module activated.

Where was that stated by someone fromED?

Where was that stated by someone fromED?

Which part?

Re FC3...

The ONLY version of FC3 that will be available on Steam will be for the Russian market only due to a license issue. This will not change.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No- ED gifted you already with 6DOF Cockpits and a AFM upgrade for FC3 .

This makes this planes so unique that ED can republish them without the need of LockOn.

And this are up to date only the A-10A and Su-25.

All other planes of FC3 are still more or less the same planes that are incorporated in LockOn.

And as fas as I can tell there is no reason they couldn't gift them again on steam as stand alone. I know they are not all complete yet thank you But there will be more than 2 planes from that series cconverted sooner or later.

Anyways doesn't really matter to me, like I said my stand alone dcsw has everything I've bought and works just fine. I was actually going to make a sym link pointing from my steam install to the dcs stand alone to see what happens :smartass:

Edited by pii

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sure it has been asked...

Is it planned to get BS2 upgrade keys into Steam?

This is just the latest 'kick in the teeth' for the original Black Shark customers who purchased the original DCS product.

I just don't understand why the BS2 upgrade customers are treated separately, surely there is a way to bring us into the same system as others who are running the same module but purchased it via a different route. I assume there is some reason, but it would be nice to have it explained to us.

Cheers.

It's not only a steam problem. It's really a pain in the ass with this update. I just set up a new system a few months ago. You have to install BS1 in order to install BS2 every time and you don't really need BS1 anymore. Why isn't there a possibility to switch the keys for BS1 + update with a new BS2 key?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why isn't there a possibility to switch the keys for BS1 + update with a new BS2 key?

As far as I can see, there's never been an adequate explanation for this. When I bought the Black Shark 2 upgrade, I did so in the expectation that I would have exactly the same product as people who bought the standalone version. I bought both through ED's own store, so they know I have payed for the products and that I have a valid license.

The only difference between me and people who bought the stand alone version is that I have been a customer for longer, and that I payed more to access the same content.

I can understand that there are legal difficulties with flaming cliffs, and that licensing issues have prevented it from coming to steam, but the BS2 upgrade issue is entirely different, and something which they can fix, but have chosen not to.