steam and ED DCS World reg key's

A couple of thing i wanted to know about Steam when it comes to integrated games. Is it so that not all games can be played in offline mode? Will offline mode work for DCSW? Also will non steam versions connect hasslefree to Steam versions?

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of thing i wanted to know about Steam when it comes to integrated games. Is it so that not all games can be played in offline mode? Will offline mode work for DCSW? Also will non steam versions connect hasslefree to Steam versions?

Offline mode should be fine, the DRM on the Steam version is the same as the DRM in the NON-Steam.

Steam and Non-Steam play fine together in MP as long as the version numbers match.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So those with FC3 should do what??

Nothing...just sit and wait , until all FC3 planes are 'decoupled' like the a-10A and Su-25.

...well, at least they got updated also in FC3. - maybe this happens also with future modifications to the rest of the planes.

...time will tell.

Edited by PeterP

I suspect that if you really want to move to Steam you will have to buy the individual planes as they are released. I don't think there is much chance of FC3 working on Steam due to the Ubisoft issues. I also don't see ED giving the individual modules to FC3 owners, as it would kill the sale of the individual aircraft as well as circumvent the Ubi restrictions (which probably violates some aspect of their contract).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I guess there is no chance ED will supply keys to the individual FC modules to people who already own FC3?

I know Waggs mentioned FC3 owners would already be getting the AFM upgrades included with their FC3 purchase, but, I just have a feeling the ubi-soft license is going to be a brick wall when it comes to transferring keys for free for the individual FC aircraft.

:: Sniped :: Basically what cichlidfan said.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

joda.jpg

Difficult to see. ...Always in motion is the future.

fortuneteller-e1321461161252.jpg

DCS Activation Keys Merged to Steam

26 July 2013: DCS News Update

^^^^ above means : FC3 cant be re-published on another platform because of legal issues with UBI-SOFT .

FC3 is a addon for LockOn and it needs the original LockOn installed to be functional.And UBI-Soft still holds all rights of LockOn.

So ED 'decoupled' the single planes from FC3 and reworked them (new cockpit/new AFM) to make them work without the need of LockOn.

...I wish you good luck to explain to a Steam user that he can buy FC3 on Steam , but needs to buy LockON from UBI-Soft to make some use of it... :P....

...So FC3 can't be available on Steam.

And I highly doubt that Steam will integrate keys of a software that isn't available in their store.

So we will not see that you can register your FC3 in your Steam portfolio.

ok so i have to buy A10A, SU-25T as DLC on steam?

what i meant is maybe they should find a way to give us FC modules keys for steam if we own FC3

oh and sorry about A10C i saw that there is only one product on steam as DLC not as stand alone game :)

anyway i hope they will merge BS2 upgrade with BS1 on steam somehow and we will have FC3 modules

Edited by Dany90

And this will happen again and again and again...

Offline mode should be fine, the DRM on the Steam version is the same as the DRM in the NON-Steam.

Steam and Non-Steam play fine together in MP as long as the version numbers match.

Thanks for the info. I will check out Steam a little more in dept.

-

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I activated them all on Steam, however as other have mention FC3 does not activate, and the Huey as well did not activate.

Oddly enough although I restarted steam after to ensure, the titles do not get populated in my game library, so for a 2nd try, I tried to re activate one more, however then I told me that I already registered it, but then again no listing of it...

I'm in no rush, since I already have it installed :) and since FC3 and Blackshark upgrade is not yet available, then I am really in no rush to re install DCS for the sake of steam ;)

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I activated them all on Steam, however as other have mention FC3 does not activate, and the Huey as well did not activate.

Oddly enough although I restarted steam after to ensure, the titles do not get populated in my game library, so for a 2nd try, I tried to re activate one more, however then I told me that I already registered it, but then again no listing of it...

I'm in no rush, since I already have it installed :) and since FC3 and Blackshark upgrade is not yet available, then I am really in no rush to re install DCS for the sake of steam ;)

They wont get listed in your library. They're all "DLC" now for DCS: World. So download DCS: World via steam and you'll be set with the modules automatically.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

If we own Flaming Cliffs 3 will be be able to get Su-25, A-10A and Su-27/F-15C ect. when they are released on Steam as well? As I understand it we are getting the same upgrades as the DCS Flaming Cliffs: Su-25/A-10/F-15/Su-27.

Edited by Flogger23m

:megalol: I laughed so hard at this thread and the flame war that erupted... Phew....

I have to say though. I'm amazed at the amount of people that are still in an uproar of the BS2 upgrade. It states very clearly that by purchasing it, it requires BS1 to be activated. Its an extra step that you agreed to when you purchased the module for a discount, and now you want them to give you the full version instead. :doh: Perhaps ED will create a system in which you can trade in your upgrade key and pay the difference for the full version.

As far as the FC3 modules, PeterP and others are correct in that its a legal issue with Ubi soft. Although, I am curious what the difference between the two "DCS worlds" is. Is it not possible to install the FC3 or BS2 into the STEAM World directory? Obviously its not a DLC and wont be updated by STEAM but you could still fly it with the rest of your modules that way.

As for the Huey, the Huey is a product of Belsimtek, not ED, and its up to Belsimtek and probably steam to have that incorporated there. I'm sure ED has some involvement in the process since its their game though. Legal details and all. Gotta love em.

Thanks for trying to make peoples lives easier ED and spreading this wonderful game onto a very widely used and accepted platform. I for one hope it does well. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

• Like 1

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

:megalol: I laughed so hard at this thread and the flame war that erupted... Phew....

I have to say though. I'm amazed at the amount of people that are still in an uproar of the BS2 upgrade. It states very clearly that by purchasing it, it requires BS1 to be activated. Its an extra step that you agreed to when you purchased the module for a discount, and now you want them to give you the full version instead. :doh: Perhaps ED will create a system in which you can trade in your upgrade key and pay the difference for the full version.

Most of us know and have no problem with that. But if it means that we can't activate BS2 on Steam with that key it makes it kind of unfair.

DCS Wishlist: Ka 26

Is it not possible to install the FC3 or BS2 into the STEAM World directory? Obviously its not a DLC and wont be updated by STEAM but you could still fly it with the rest of your modules that way.

You could probably install it into the SteamAps directory. However not having run the installer for a while, I can't remember the processes too well. I have a feeling it would throw up an exception over DCS not being installed, since Steam handles Windows Registry a little differently.

Updates would be a serious issue though. The Steam version of DCS:W does not come with the module manager, electing instead to use Steam to manage Modules (DLC) and updates. I would guess that you would need to uninstall and reinstall every time there is a patch. It wouldn't take very long for Starforce to interfere :noexpression:.

This is great news. It's great to know that once registered I don have to register a serial number again as steam keeps that info in its cloud which eliminates the "2 Activations left" scenario. Thank you Ed great move.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

hey guys.ive steam installed, but i like the fact that dcs world is independent on any other software.i would like to keep it that way, but i would also like to have the advantage of friends seeing me that i currently play dcs.so is it possible to migrate my modules to steam, but still download patches(beta or not) or more importantly refuse to do so, via dcs world and not steam.in short, i would like to use the feature, that people see on steam that i play dcs, but everything else should remain as it is, meaning not steam related.

hey guys.ive steam installed, but i like the fact that dcs world is independent on any other software.i would like to keep it that way, but i would also like to have the advantage of friends seeing me that i currently play dcs.so is it possible to migrate my modules to steam, but still download patches(beta or not) or more importantly refuse to do so, via dcs world and not steam.in short, i would like to use the feature, that people see on steam that i play dcs, but everything else should remain as it is, meaning not steam related.

No you can't do that but you can make steam ask if it should update and then of course also refuse to do so.

Try adding it as a non-steam game. Then they can see you're playing it, but it'll still be your normal, non-steam install.

This is great news. It's great to know that once registered I don have to register a serial number again as steam keeps that info in its cloud which eliminates the "2 Activations left" scenario. Thank you Ed great move.

You still have the same DRM and the same activation limit that you had before, because Steam DRM does not support 64 bit games.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As far as the FC3 modules, PeterP and others are correct in that its a legal issue with Ubi soft. Although, I am curious what the difference between the two "DCS worlds" is. Is it not possible to install the FC3 or BS2 into the STEAM World directory? Obviously its not a DLC and wont be updated by STEAM but you could still fly it with the rest of your modules that way.

As for the Huey, the Huey is a product of Belsimtek, not ED, and its up to Belsimtek and probably steam to have that incorporated there. I'm sure ED has some involvement in the process since its their game though. Legal details and all. Gotta love em.

Thanks for trying to make peoples lives easier ED and spreading this wonderful game onto a very widely used and accepted platform. I for one hope it does well. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Why should someone with the Black Shark 2 upgrade be forced to pay the difference? They already bought Black Shark 1 which is why they were discounted in the first place. Their end product is the same, Black Shark 2 in DCS World. The only difference is that they probably paid more money overall and have to jump through extra hoops to install their product.

It would be easier on ED's part to simply remove the upgrade version and change it to a normal Black Shark 2 version. Everyone who has a registered copy of Black Shark 1 and the upgrade gets the full version of Black Shark 2. As they are registered on ED's website to download it in the first place this should not be hard to figure out.

For owners of the Steam version of Black Shark 1 this is even simpler. On Steam if you own certain products you can automatically discount a sequel or another product. For example, owners of Red Orchestra 2 got a 25% discount to Rising Storm (addon/sequel). On Steam, owners of Black Shark 1 can get a 50% discount on the Black Shark 2 DLC for DCS World. Its simple, allows them to upgrade without any additional measures taken and is probably simpler for ED's tech support.

you can't install FC3/BS2 Upgrade directly into steam using external Installers, It wont work.

You can Install DCSW Standalone, and copy the folders to the steam folder once they are installed and updated,

But steam will not update them when a update comes out.

(I will verify this, soon, but im 90% sure that if you dont have a license in the steam database, it wont download and update it, but I'll do Ver/File Check on DCSW Standalone Modules vs Ones I Copied to Steam before Update 2 and 3 to see if just having the module folder present will allow steam update it)

Ultimately meaning you'd have to update them via Standalone DCSW, meaning twice the HDD space for one game.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Why should someone with the Black Shark 2 upgrade be forced to pay the difference? They already bought Black Shark 1 which is why they were discounted in the first place. Their end product is the same, Black Shark 2 in DCS World. The only difference is that they probably paid more money overall and have to jump through extra hoops to install their product.

It would be easier on ED's part to simply remove the upgrade version and change it to a normal Black Shark 2 version. Everyone who has a registered copy of Black Shark 1 and the upgrade gets the full version of Black Shark 2. As they are registered on ED's website to download it in the first place this should not be hard to figure out.

For owners of the Steam version of Black Shark 1 this is even simpler. On Steam if you own certain products you can automatically discount a sequel or another product. For example, owners of Red Orchestra 2 got a 25% discount to Rising Storm (addon/sequel). On Steam, owners of Black Shark 1 can get a 50% discount on the Black Shark 2 DLC for DCS World. Its simple, allows them to upgrade without any additional measures taken and is probably simpler for ED's tech support.

+1 Well said.

I still don't really understand why they've kept the BS2 upgrade separate for so long. I cannot see one downside for trading customers BS1+BS2 Upgrade keys for a BS2 Full key.

Only thing I could think of is that it's just not possible.

Only thing I could think of is that it's just not possible.

Sure it is. They would just have to take the BS2 update from the store and trade the update keys for full version keys.

If it stays the way it is now the steam version is useless for people who have the Huey, FC3 or the BS2 upgrade.