New Tutorial: Su-25T Visual Landing

Hi folks,

A quick note to let you know that there's a new tutorial on my site: Su-25T Visual Landing. You'll find it on the "Flight Basics" page. This one's the result of a request from Thomas Weiss over at LOCKONFILES.

The tutorial assumes a basic familiarity with the Su-25T's instrumentation and HUD. Depicted is a short (5 km) approach and landing made without navigational aids. It is an adjunct to, rather than a replacement of, the excellent "Visual Landing" in the UPT Training Curriculum.

Flaming Cliffs V1.11, with Voiceover.

Enjoy,

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Well done, Rich!

I sure hope that ED is giving you some dough, because it's because of things like this that really keep breathing life into this sim!

I look forward to more of your great work in the future!

Cheers,

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

IRONHAND, is there anyway to convert all of your training tracks into mpeg or other so we can play them all independantly from LO?

Thanks for all you do :-)

Coffee

Im sure Rich will answer you but I thought I would tell you now that they are working on it. I wish I some video genuis, but I have recently thought of this..... What if someone ran a tv out connection from a very fast video card to the tv. Not sure how good of quality the tv would have to be or even if a lcd tv would matter.

Then fire up all training tracks with them playing on tv maybe they can be recorded AT THE TV into either a vhs format or whatever and then converted into mpeg or divx onto a dvd. From there Rich could distribut a dvd for sale to everyone who would want it. I think that might be the best way to assemble all of them right now. I would pay for a dvd of these.

just my latest idea on how.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

IRONHAND, is there anyway to convert all of your training tracks into mpeg or other so we can play them all independantly from LO?

Thanks for all you do :-)

Coffee

It's being worked on. But it's something that takes time.

...they (tutorials) can be recorded AT THE TV into either a vhs format or whatever and then converted into mpeg or divx onto a dvd. From there Rich could distribut a dvd for sale to everyone who would want it...

Something like that might work for recording. Not sure about the distribution part, though. That could turn into a nightmare. Also not sure about the legal aspects of selling my work in respect to the sim. And I have a negative reaction to charging $ for what I do, anyway.

Rich, your mission setups are always excellent. I love how you carefully scripted the stuff that is happening out there. Did you ever considered to build missions and campaigns ?

I've built missions for past iterations of the Flanker sim line. And I have several started for FC1.11 but they remain in rudimentary form. They have a fairly low priority in the general scheme of things.

To all,

Thank you.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Something like that might work for recording. Not sure about the distribution part, though. That could turn into a nightmare. Also not sure about the legal aspects of selling my work in respect to the sim. And I have a negative reaction to charging $ for what I do, anyway.

Consider this, look at ghost recon , or counter strike or any game with a decend MOD following. I have so many of those mods, many of them have movies in them made by the clan etc etc.

Big file downloads , thats easy lets say you end up with about 5 gigs of divx files or whatever. Turn the whole thing into a bit torrent and upload them somewhere.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

I'm new to Lomac Flamming Cliffs and have just downloaded this tutorial. My question is how do I install this track? There is an SBT file, a TRK file, and a folder with a stack of media voice files. In the FAQ section of the Flanker Training site it says use LOMAN 2.1 to install this for versions of Lomac earlier than v1.1. I have version 1.11 installed. Do I download LOMAN to install this or do I manually do it somehow?

:confused:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Konovalov,

There really is no installation per se. You can unzip the file anywhere and the structure should be intact. You can simply start Flaming Cliffs, navigate to where you unzipped the track and associated files and select it for playback. It's that simple.

Emenance,

I'll consider it. First, though, there will have to be more tracks converted before it even becomes necessary to worry about distribution. Right now my main concern is getting another server lined up. Flankertraining has already exceeded it's allowable bandwidth by 2X with one week's worth of downloading a single video. I'm surprised they haven't pulled the plug on me yet. Should happen anytime now....

Rich

_____

IRONHAND

just a word from me, who spends a lot of his spare time in this forum, although I don't post too much: THANK YOU!!!

I've downloaded most of your tutorials throughout the last years. They all are absolutely great. Unfortunately I don't have too much time, be it watching your tutorials or flying myself. But sometimes it happens that I want to fly some minutes for myself and end up just watching one of your tutorials again and again and not even pluggin in my joystick. Real fun to watch them, and sure great for everybody to learn things about LockOn.

It's a shame that all your hard efforts are spoiled with every update of LockOn due to lacking compatibility. But please keep them coming!

And that's the chance to say another THANKS to

RUGGBUTT

your idea of converting the tracks to video files is also greatly appreciated. Would be nice to watch all of them tutorials regardless of your LO/FC version. Thanks for your efforts again.

And TO ED: NO THANKS AT THIS POINT

You really should consider to bring out the next titles on DVD - be it Black Shark, Green Monkey or whatever - including all those training tracks with voiceover as tracks and as videos. I'm sure nearly everybody would pay some bucks more for this without doubting for a second.

BTW, Ironhand: I experienced some problems, especially with some of the latest tracks. When I copy them to the 'Demo'-folder everything is fine, but if I put them to a different location, the voiceover will not work. Sorted it out by copying the files to the Demo-folder, so it's ok for me, but still curious if I did something wrong?

Regards

Tom

Hi Rugg,

I've removed the link to my own copy. Thanks to you and JaBoG32_Woodstock for mirroring.

ZenTera,

Glad you enjoy them so much and get so much out of them. Concerning the voiceover problem you are experiencing: I actually have the opposite problem. I don't hear the voiceover, if the tutorial is located in any Lock On directory. I have to keep the files completely outside the sim.

Harven,

I got an email from them saying they were shutting me down today. It's an East coast company but, so far, I'm still alive. Think they might have forgotten about me? Just 35 minutes 'til midnight. Wonder if the site will still be alive in the morning... Ah, the drama of it all. :)

_____

Konovalov,

There really is no installation per se. You can unzip the file anywhere and the structure should be intact. You can simply start Flaming Cliffs, navigate to where you unzipped the track and associated files and select it for playback. It's that simple.

Thanks for that clarification. Doh on my part. :rolleyes:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm