Operation Piercing Fury - MP Campaign

Ranger

thank you for your contribution to the community.

Played WTS with 4 A10's. after helo pickup of wounded and killed the BRDM, there were no further communications after that point.

anything we need to do or add?

You need to kill all the enemy ai solders in that group to progress the mission.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we believe we had. IR scans and several GBU's to be sure, but nothing. this is the version we used . 01-OPF_Welcome to Suse_MP_3-1-2015v4

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we believe we had. IR scans and several GBU's to be sure, but nothing. this is the version we used . 01-OPF_Welcome to Suse_MP_3-1-2015v4

Not sure trying opening in me and saving it and replaying with the newest patch.

i had opened the mission in the ME and noticed that in triggers, Mission Start - and a DO SCRIPT action contains only the change log entry for MIST in text. (see below)

should this be a DO SCRIPT FILE linked to the MIST file location?

--[[

v021 changelog Mist 3.2 Hofix release
- fixed bug with mist.getCurrentGroupData so that it returns a string for both coalition and category
- fixed bug with mist.teleportToPoint to properly default to correct surface types
- added online documentation. Available at: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/Mission_Scripting_Tools_Documentation

v020 changelog Mist v3.2 release
- added mist.utils.makeVec3GL() returns a vec 3 coordinate at ground level of a given vec2/vec3 coordinate
- added mist.ground.patrol
- added mist.ground.patrolRoute
- fixed bug with mist.ground.buildWP not accepting formations. Minor organizational changes
- helipad Id is now retrieved on mist.getGroupRoute
- added livery_id to DBs so helicopters don't spawn without skins
- added task to DBs and dynAdd scripts so that AI aircraft will engage targets if respawned

v019 changelog -- Mist v3.1 Release
- fixed bug with sending sounds to clients
- if an audio message is sent to correct coalition or 'all', CA players will now hear it
- added speed entry to units DBs
- fixed typo with mist.respawnGroup returning a nil value
- modified mist.cloneGroup, mist.teleportGroup, mist.respawnGroup behavior if task variable is given.
--If task is anything except for a number, the task become the groups default route.
--if task is a number, then the route will be assigned after however many seconds you specify. 
- mist.dynAdd now accepts a route variable as part of the table passed to it
- overloaded mist.dynAdd to accept route data if the points part of the table is missing. groupTable.route[1]... instead of the correct format groupTable.route.points[1]...
- fixed mist.getPayload, must now be sent a string 

v018 changelog -- Mist v3.0 Release
- mist.message.add now accepts a "sound" vars to play audio. Due to how it is implemented, Combined Arms players will be UNABLE hear any sounds.
- Reorganized documentations a bit
- Fixed bug with how functions called mist.toStringLL
- Fixed bug with mist.teleportToPoint

v017 changelog
- fixed stuff broken by v016 additions
- Flag funcs now accept a toggle variable. This will set the flag to false when the conditions arent met. 
   Applies to:
   -mist.flagFunc.units_in_polygon
   -mist.flagFunc.units_in_zones
   -mist.flagFunc.units_in_moving_zones
   -mist.flagFunc.units_LOS
- added mist.DBs.MEunits
- mist.DBs.units now updates live as needed
- added getAvgGroupPos
- added mist.msgMGRS    
- added mist.msgLL    
- added mist.msgBR    
- added mist.msgBRA    
- added mist.msgBullseye    
- added mist.msgLeadingMGRS    
- added mist.msgLeadingLL    
- added mist.msgLeadingBR    

v016 Changelog
- Several DBs are now updated as units are dynamically added to the mission
- Country names in DBs are all now lower case.
- Fixed bug with DBs where countryId was the mission table index of the country table and not the actual country Id
- Added startTime to group tables
- Imported and renamed several Spawn/Clone/Teleport functions
-- Added mist.dbUpdate()
-- added mist.dynAdd()
-- added mist.getCurrentGroupData()
-- added mist.getGroupData()
-- added mist.getPayload()
-- added mist.teleportToPoint()
-- added mist.respawnInZone()
-- added mist.teleportInZone()
-- added mist.cloneInZone()
-- added mist.respawnGroup()
-- added mist.cloneGroup()
-- added mist.teleportGroup()

v015 chagelog 
- added mist.DBs.MEunitsByName 
- added mist.DBs.MEunitsById 
- added mist.DBs.MEunitsByCat 
- added mist.DBs.MEunitsByNum
- added mist.DBs.MEgroupsByName
- added mist.DBs.MEgroupsById

- added mist.isTerrainValid
- added mist.DBs.const.callsigns
- mist.getRandPointInCircle now accepts both vec 2 and 3
- addded alt and alt_type to units databases

- bug with mist.removeFunction should be fixed now.
- mist.message.remove now accepts a self variable, not an integer
- mist.message.removeById added; works like the old mist.message.remove
- fixed mist.getUnitsInZones and mist.getUnitsInMovingZones to return only activated units

v014 changelog  -- Mist 2.0 Release
- fixed compatibility for SSE v1.2.4
- added mist.fixedWing.buildWP
- added mist.heli.buildWP
- added heading and player can drive 䥬䔡죛

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i had opened the mission in the ME and noticed that in triggers, Mission Start - and a DO SCRIPT action contains only the change log entry for MIST in text. (see below)

should this be a DO SCRIPT FILE linked to the MIST file location?

--[[

v021 changelog Mist 3.2 Hofix release
- fixed bug with mist.getCurrentGroupData so that it returns a string for both coalition and category
- fixed bug with mist.teleportToPoint to properly default to correct surface types
- added online documentation. Available at: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/Mission_Scripting_Tools_Documentation

v020 changelog Mist v3.2 release
- added mist.utils.makeVec3GL() returns a vec 3 coordinate at ground level of a given vec2/vec3 coordinate
- added mist.ground.patrol
- added mist.ground.patrolRoute
- fixed bug with mist.ground.buildWP not accepting formations. Minor organizational changes
- helipad Id is now retrieved on mist.getGroupRoute
- added livery_id to DBs so helicopters don't spawn without skins
- added task to DBs and dynAdd scripts so that AI aircraft will engage targets if respawned

v019 changelog -- Mist v3.1 Release
- fixed bug with sending sounds to clients
- if an audio message is sent to correct coalition or 'all', CA players will now hear it
- added speed entry to units DBs
- fixed typo with mist.respawnGroup returning a nil value
- modified mist.cloneGroup, mist.teleportGroup, mist.respawnGroup behavior if task variable is given.
--If task is anything except for a number, the task become the groups default route.
--if task is a number, then the route will be assigned after however many seconds you specify. 
- mist.dynAdd now accepts a route variable as part of the table passed to it
- overloaded mist.dynAdd to accept route data if the points part of the table is missing. groupTable.route[1]... instead of the correct format groupTable.route.points[1]...
- fixed mist.getPayload, must now be sent a string 

v018 changelog -- Mist v3.0 Release
- mist.message.add now accepts a "sound" vars to play audio. Due to how it is implemented, Combined Arms players will be UNABLE hear any sounds.
- Reorganized documentations a bit
- Fixed bug with how functions called mist.toStringLL
- Fixed bug with mist.teleportToPoint

v017 changelog
- fixed stuff broken by v016 additions
- Flag funcs now accept a toggle variable. This will set the flag to false when the conditions arent met. 
   Applies to:
   -mist.flagFunc.units_in_polygon
   -mist.flagFunc.units_in_zones
   -mist.flagFunc.units_in_moving_zones
   -mist.flagFunc.units_LOS
- added mist.DBs.MEunits
- mist.DBs.units now updates live as needed
- added getAvgGroupPos
- added mist.msgMGRS    
- added mist.msgLL    
- added mist.msgBR    
- added mist.msgBRA    
- added mist.msgBullseye    
- added mist.msgLeadingMGRS    
- added mist.msgLeadingLL    
- added mist.msgLeadingBR    

v016 Changelog
- Several DBs are now updated as units are dynamically added to the mission
- Country names in DBs are all now lower case.
- Fixed bug with DBs where countryId was the mission table index of the country table and not the actual country Id
- Added startTime to group tables
- Imported and renamed several Spawn/Clone/Teleport functions
-- Added mist.dbUpdate()
-- added mist.dynAdd()
-- added mist.getCurrentGroupData()
-- added mist.getGroupData()
-- added mist.getPayload()
-- added mist.teleportToPoint()
-- added mist.respawnInZone()
-- added mist.teleportInZone()
-- added mist.cloneInZone()
-- added mist.respawnGroup()
-- added mist.cloneGroup()
-- added mist.teleportGroup()

v015 chagelog 
- added mist.DBs.MEunitsByName 
- added mist.DBs.MEunitsById 
- added mist.DBs.MEunitsByCat 
- added mist.DBs.MEunitsByNum
- added mist.DBs.MEgroupsByName
- added mist.DBs.MEgroupsById

- added mist.isTerrainValid
- added mist.DBs.const.callsigns
- mist.getRandPointInCircle now accepts both vec 2 and 3
- addded alt and alt_type to units databases

- bug with mist.removeFunction should be fixed now.
- mist.message.remove now accepts a self variable, not an integer
- mist.message.removeById added; works like the old mist.message.remove
- fixed mist.getUnitsInZones and mist.getUnitsInMovingZones to return only activated units

v014 changelog  -- Mist 2.0 Release
- fixed compatibility for SSE v1.2.4
- added mist.fixedWing.buildWP
- added mist.heli.buildWP
- added heading and player can drive 䥬䔡죛

It works and is included in the miz file. The mission has worked for awhile, may be a patch issue but I believe there were still ai left is why the trigger didn't continue. That is not the issue with the original problem you brought up. The mist script is for an ir script near the end of the mission.

getting ready for it in a few min. could we add 2 more A10's with a "copy and Paste" without disturbing the mission?

also i read that at 1 time there was a player UH-1 in the mission? what had happened to it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

getting ready for it in a few min. could we add 2 more A10's with a "copy and Paste" without disturbing the mission?

also i read that at 1 time there was a player UH-1 in the mission? what had happened to it?

I have to check the mission to see if the individual planes are tied to individual triggers or messages, I belive some maybe so it may or may not interfere with the mission. The UH and KA 50 version needs to be updated.

Played "happy bus" again.Fully worked.Last time,It must be some issues caused by time acceleration,because a C-17 just stop on the taxiway.I was confused by it.But this time,with no time acceleration ,that C-17 taxied back to parking area.And I hear all messages,and finished it with no issue.

Played "happy bus" again.Fully worked.Last time,It must be some issues caused by time acceleration,because a C-17 just stop on the taxiway.I was confused by it.But this time,with no time acceleration ,that C-17 taxied back to parking area.And I hear all messages,and finished it with no issue.

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ranger,

love your missions!

They are giving the sim a real push.

I have one question for the mission loadouts:

Is there a reason why I am not allowed to use pylon-extensions like the "BRU-42_LS".

When I am choosing them in the loadout menue (the plain one) , they do not show up in the game :/

Edited by Starway

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

• 3 weeks later...

Is the mission damaged at the moment ? On our server the hercules doesn't crash and when i arrive with the UH1 at FOB Suse and the A10 joins me, no chinooks spawn and i can't load troops.

Edited by scharrk

Is the mission damaged at the moment ? On our server the hercules doesn't crash and when i arrive with the UH1 at FOB Suse and the A10 joins me, no chinooks spawn and i can't load troops.

Haven't tried Suse this last patch, I'll take a look this weekend. What version are you using?

Hey Ranger,

Just FYI, I ran the single player version a couple of days ago, and didn't experience any issues with the C-130 at the beginning.

Something did appear to break after the hornet went down, however I think it was probably due to unrealistic behavior on my part; having watched a little bit of ralfidude's video for this mission, I turned into the hornet as soon as he appeared in the sky, and was only a few miles out when he went down. I got the beacon message almost immediately after he crashed, for 6000 & 4000, but shortly after this the beacons appeared to stop functioning. I flew over the exact place I had previously gotten the messages (made a mark on my TAD) and didn't see anything.

I got the call that the allied flight was on station, but appeared to be unable to progress further. Unfortunately I had to sign off at that point and didn't have time to investigate more thoroughly.

I may have just broken it bunching everything up like that by leaving the first area early, but I'll let you know when I have another chance to run it again.

Aside from the hiccup there, this was an awesome mission. Nice change to have a scenario where you get to feel like you're a badass instead of just hiding from SAMs. :thumbup:

Hey Ranger,

Just FYI, I ran the single player version a couple of days ago, and didn't experience any issues with the C-130 at the beginning.

Something did appear to break after the hornet went down, however I think it was probably due to unrealistic behavior on my part; having watched a little bit of ralfidude's video for this mission, I turned into the hornet as soon as he appeared in the sky, and was only a few miles out when he went down. I got the beacon message almost immediately after he crashed, for 6000 & 4000, but shortly after this the beacons appeared to stop functioning. I flew over the exact place I had previously gotten the messages (made a mark on my TAD) and didn't see anything.

I got the call that the allied flight was on station, but appeared to be unable to progress further. Unfortunately I had to sign off at that point and didn't have time to investigate more thoroughly.

I may have just broken it bunching everything up like that by leaving the first area early, but I'll let you know when I have another chance to run it again.

Aside from the hiccup there, this was an awesome mission. Nice change to have a scenario where you get to feel like you're a badass instead of just hiding from SAMs.

Yeah there is a trigger window for the pilot rescue, you probably turned too early.

We are using Regular Version: (v3)

Edit: we are using also SL-mod

If the c130 doesn't crash at the beginning then retry the mission, that triggers everything. Also ensure you are using the most current version from the main page. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Flew the first part of the mission until RTB to rearm in 1.5 and no problems. Just the flares from the downed pilote where strange.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 2 months later...