What a great helicopter, thanks Belsimtek!

Really a treat to fly especially after the Huey which, IMO, requires a lot more care when flying. Weapons are AWESOME! Having some difficulties with vertical landings, horizontal landings are pretty easy though. Only thing I miss are instrument/cockpit lighting. All in all, loving it! thanks for yet another great release.

P.S Don't forget to finish it ;)

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

This is probably obvious to most, but I made this error, so just in case... The variometer in the Huey is scaled in 100 ft/min, while the the one in the Mi-8 is in m/s. 1 m/s is approximately 200 ft./min. So, to keep it even more simple, if the needle in the Mi-8 is pointing at -5, it would be pointing at -10 in the Huey. Forgetting to convert to the metric system made me VRS during my first landing in the Mi-8 :doh:.

You can turn on instrument lightning via a switch above the left pilot window close to master arm. (Big switch)

You know what, I can't for the life of me find that switch. I know where the master arm switch is but nothing nearby turns on any instrument lighting, heeeelp!

AMD FX-6300

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

Om du kollar lite under master arm så ser du 2 svarta saker som du måste snurra på. Ska ta bild senare om du inte hittar den :)

Just så! Det var de där två svarta "skruvisarna" ja. Känner mig som ett riktigt fån som jag har letat. Tackar och bockar!

AMD FX-6300

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

Good job with this MI-8 so far...!

My expectations weren't so great initially, due to some issues regarding the Huey's flight dynamics or whatever is wrong with it's flight transitions (sometimes it starts dropping towards the ground like a rocket, something similar to an abrupt blade stall..., known issue if it hasn't been worked out already) and it's apparently too strong ground effect..., otherwise Huey is a good product itself!

Now after buying..., checking and testing the MI-8 to it's limits with no mercy..., i can say i've got my money down, on a masterpiece from the same author! The ground effect on the MI-8, which i believed to be similar to Huey's after seeing a short promo video, proved to be very realistic in the end..., it is noticeable indeed, and is quite similar to the KA-50's! In all the aspects that i could've test it so far, it went beyond my expectations..., and it's only a beta right now! Can't wait to see the whole project finished!:thumbup:

Thank you very much for this product, Belsimtek..., and sorry for being so rough on my first thread about MI-8's flight dynamics overview, i went too quick for presumptions, without testing it first! Bood job!:thumbup:

Have a nice day! Let the blades roll!:pilotfly:

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!