First Landing

heloguy

Not bad for the first try I don't think...but that opposite translating tendency and torque affect is screwing with my head...the Russians had to do it different, didn't they?

626125586_FirstLanding.jpg.8dabebb744c6cc6ae6c90e5acf229af4.jpg

• Like 1

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Nice Job! I'm generally landing about 3 miles away from where I originally intended to be:D

I'd say the same thing happened to heloguy. Or do you think he intently chose a bridge of all things for his first landing? :megalol:

Edited by Yurgon
Typo

Is it only me or does the Hip hop around excessively when one lands on grass or uneven ground? Landing on a tarmac works fine, but landing on grass makes the ship want to roll over on its side or hop up and down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I wanted a ship spot on an aircraft carrier, but this was as close as I could get on the instant action.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Is it only me or does the Hip hop around excessively when one lands on grass or uneven ground? Landing on a tarmac works fine, but landing on grass makes the ship want to roll over on its side or hop up and down.

Thought it was just me seeing this ! Actually I have landed smoothly on grass / uneven terrain numerous times. But it does seem that if you have any sideways motion when you land you cause some damage or something that leads to the nasty bunny hop motion that follows. At that point I usually find that I can no longer take off but can drive around like a ground vehicle if I want.

Try landing with even a small bit of forward motion at the moment you touch down should help

Remember to press W (wheel brake) when taking off otherwise any landing will result in a disaster :) In any case the nasty bunny hop motion seems to be a pronounced mast bumping effect, at least thats what it feels like to me. Its definitely some kind of mechanical damage. You gotta be more careful with this bird when touching down it has much more mass than the Huey.

One thing I definitely noticed, the ground cushion effect is much more pronounced in the Mi8 and you have to be extra careful when dropping the last few meters to the ground.

One thing I definitely noticed, the ground cushion effect is much more pronounced in the Mi8 and you have to be extra careful when dropping the last few meters to the ground.

You must keep in mind bigger inertia of those "few" additional tons that Mi8 has compared to the Huey :D