Trouble starting DCS - May give up on spending $ on such programs!

skc

Not to sound snide, but if it worked on your old system and not on the new one, even after fresh install of everything and then copying the DLLs from the old PC over, then it's prolly and Underlying Hardware Issue

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi skc,

do you still have this problem?

A few days ago i also experienced the "Application unable to start correctly(0xc000007b)" Error. I got it when i changed to a new pc system. Drivers were of course all up to date. Newest DirectX installed, the c++ redistributable all installed. Did RegClean and everything, nothing worked...

For me the solution was found in the following thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87510&page=2

Check your DCS installation with a programm called "Dependency Walker".

In my case the file "d3dx9_43.dll" was corrupt, same problem the guy in this thread had. I replaced this file with the one "Sanch0" posted in the mentioned thread. And then DCS worked again!!

Maybe give it a try.

Good Luck! Cheers!!

Thanks Skatezilaa, Alisa, Mojoe, Expert, et al who have again given me a glimmer of fresh hope...DCS for me it seems, is what I am really looking for in a Modern Air Combat sim and am prepared to spend many $$$ on it, but it must run! Will take yet another look when I get more time and energy.

In meanwhile now I have extra cap, have downloaded the free Falcon BMS and still to install. Maybe play around with that for a while. (Looks a huge challenge however)

Skatezilla...maybe a hardware issue? But then ROF, and all my other stuff works perfectly? Am however looking at a possible new system as my boy keen on this one for LAN... maybe then?

Another thing I was thinking...maybe once some of my other programs have been re-installed...just maybe... they will 'reset things'? (e.g. Silent Hunter5, Nap Total War, FSX, Panzer General 2, CS, etc etc etc.) These were already in when I originally installed DCS.

OR.... maybe this is all trying to tell a 63yr old guy to no longer be messing with all this stuff but instead go and "potter about in the garden???:)

BTW My complaint about support received was NOT aimed at you guys but at the 1 line, days later, "help sentence" from my ticket telling me to download from site, which did nothing anyway.

Edited by skc

Another thing I was thinking...maybe once some of my other programs have been re-installed...just maybe... they will 'reset things'? (e.g. Silent Hunter5, Nap Total War, FSX, Panzer General 2, CS, etc etc etc.) These were already in when I originally installed DCS

Good point here! Lots of these bring DX versions and install additional DRM "fun"... it may be, as simple, as a DirectX DLL from one of these installs is "newer" and thus not replaced with the library working with DCS... unlikely, since DCS brings the last DX9 and there shouldn't be any newer ones, but may be a reason.

A Windows install typically can bear just so many program installations until it breaks something. Microsoft waited far too long to enforce programming best practice and restrictions, that we see all kind of weird workarounds that can break things here.

Consider the games you really do play regularly. Setup the hardware you need and install no "demo", "just want to have a look" stuff before you did a backup / system snapshot. This helps to keep the system clean and working. Nothing for DCS only by the way.

A new PC is a good starting point here. If you stick with the old one, you may consider a complete reinstall, Windows, drivers and games you really need.

I know it is some considerable effort, but may worth it.

Also, if you have the luxury of more than one PC / laptop, separate gaming from daily business. Email, webbrowsing, multimedia and office stuff on one machine, games on the other...:smilewink:

Hope you get your problems fixed and DCS working, it is the best Combat Sim apart from military simulators out there by today's standard.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I tried the Dependency Walker as recommended by Mojoe (thanks - looks useful prog)

and got this result on DCS.exe. If you 'techno/geek' guys can help with this will appreciate. All a bit above my head!

For all these following Files was the message in red: Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2)

API-MS-WIN-CORE-COM-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-0.DLL

DCOMP.DLL

IESHIMS.DLL

and D3DX9_43.DLL has in the CPU column a x86 in Red. All others x64

Finally these messages at the end.

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.

Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

SUCCESS AT LAST!!! (Have made new thread on this)

Today I got referred by MOJOE to SANCHO's thread - link below.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87510&page=2

After using Sancho's Dependency Walker program and downloading a file he had posted, finally DCS is up and running! Seems that the D3DX9_43 I had in my Windows Sytem32 was a 32, and not a 64 bit file. Such a simple solution to such a, (for me), major problem. They say these PC's only have the intelligence of a cockroach. A child can see this but not an old cluttered brain like mine!

Thanks again for sticking with me and your patience and help. Skatezilla, eXpert, Alisia, Mojoe, Sancho and other's I may have missed. Much appreciated.

Hope to (eventually) see you in the skies someday. (Now to get the A10C wound up - The Falcon BMS? Maybe another daysmile.gif

Edited by skc

Great glad to see your up and running.

Having the older file on system is surprising that file is usually updated by the graphics drivers. the older file D3D.xx is usually on a disk that comes with the GPU updating the drivers online is the best way to insure newest ver. of Graphics drivers. and related files.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I feel happy for you skc, have fun playing DCS and spending lots of money on it ;)

The problem and its solution has to be made more public, i have the feeling many people experienced this issue.

This time it was a non Game Engine related problem. I still have the MS FFB2 error (so back to v1.5:noexpression:) and randomn CTD's, hope they will fix that soon...

Greetings!

Mojoe,

Agreed, should be more on the solution to this, instead of one having to find out by a round about, time consuming route. I barely have time to fly let alone this endless fiddling. Surely all these ongoing updates should function to prevent such issues. DCS Officially has done little to help and their FAQ has little in it on this error.

I had in fact given up but ongoing encouragement from you guys dragged me back and thanks to your link to Sancho I would have abandoned DCS altogether and gone over to the Falcon 4 Mod. (may still look at it if I ever get the time.)

I have put up another thread regarding the solution if it will help.

Edited by skc