No way to get DCS World working...

heli3

Hi guys. Just posting here for the first time because my DCS World is crashing since some months ago. I installed for first time one year ago and to June it worked well, but then some 10 of each loading attempts was crashing. As for July or so it crashes always and there is no way to fly the Su25T (I dont have any other module).

It crashes on the loading screen just before getting on the runway or whatever, displaying the DCS has stopped working and gets on the launcher again, then it says that "the mission debriefing file can not be open". By the way sometimes then also crashes the launcher... I have installed just DCS BS1 and no other module. I've read other topics with this or similar problems and i tried everything... Reinstalling both DCSW and BS, disconnecting hardware and reinstalling drivers, deleting DCS registry entries and saved files for so many times and still crashing...

What else should I try? :cry:

What are your system specs?

Is there a crash log being made? found in your saved games folder >>?:\Users\?\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Also BS1 will not run in DCS world that i know of you will need to upgrade to BS2 to fly it in world.

Edited by slowhand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

What are your system specs?

Is there a crash log being made? found in your saved games folder >>?:\Users\?\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

I deleted that file when reinstalling for so many times...

All so BS1 will not run in DCS world that i know of you will need to upgrade to BS2 to fly it in world.

Sure, i mean i want to fly the free Su-25T in DCS World but it crashes. BS1 works allright.

Still going to have performance problems even with DCS 1.2.4 on 32-bit.

Definitely apply the 32-bit 3GB fix from FAQ:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/Win32

Also disable DEP from CMD Run as Admin:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

And Don't forget the C++ Redistributed files here

http://search.microsoft.com/en-us/DownloadResults.aspx?rf=sp&q=C%2b%2b%202008%20Redistributable%20Package

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Have the exactly same problem, except my OS is windows 8 on 64 bit.Tried with an early version of DCS world.The same thing happens.

Where can I find an even older version of DCS world?

You have a 64Bit OS. You do not need the older ver. of the Sim.

Have you tried to re-download to insure your copy wasn't FUBAR'd from the initial download?

What are your system specs.? and what USB devices are you using?

You should have no trouble using the 1.2.5 ver of the software.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.