Server side memory leak...

ENO

Eh guys.

Just doing a test on the firehouse server right now and watching it in "pause while empty." About an hour and a half ago when I first started the mission it was at 1.3 gigs of RAM used. A few guys came in and left, and the server has been in a paused state for another half an hour.

RAM use is now up to 3.7 gigs.

I am using a function to record the RAM use from DCS- and will post it here considering it appears this is contributing to some server stability issues.

I will post it in tandem with DCS logs.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Is it really in a paused state?

AFAIK, the triggers are continuously checked. Since it's never empty, there's always a player: the one hosting the game. That's why I'm going to make my missions trigger free, and see if there is a difference.

I believe the lua interpreting is sort of a VM inside DCS, or either spawns stuff, and based on my programming experience, that's quite an overhead in long terms. If that's true, that is. But still my intuition tells me there's something there off place.

With my flight group, we're experiencing almost constant crashes when we fly missions with 12+ players after a couple of hours. Those are generally trigger intensive, in fact.

Generally it's a long term issue (2+ hours of intensive flight/fight), so it's some kind of issue that builds up in time.

• ED Team

I wonder if its more about the script used to check and see if there is anyone in the server? I am assuming your using something to check, and pause as needed? I am just doing a simple test with a server pauses and it sits steady with no change, of course that is just a straight pause, no special scripting...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I just got someone in there and it's stayed about the same...

Mine is paused through slmod- but I'm not sure if that's relevant. Might be a valid point though.

I'm interested to see what happens when it goes back into that paused state... I'm watching the server now. It's at 4 gigs but that's expected for when people are in there.

"ENO"

Here are some logs- The guys were in last night and the server was quite busy (for us and with the amount of AI) with between 8-12 guys in running at about 6 gigs. Came in this morning and it was paused sitting at almost 8 gigs.

Logs attached... Hope it helps.

logs 11.23.13.zip

"ENO"

yes iv been told by my pc repair guy it is a memory leek .

he said there are a lot of guy s righting programs for the game and if 1 bit is badly wrote

it may be hard to find

Hardware and Software are two differing aminals. It would be hard to "Write" errors in a program using software to run the program. (ie. Mission Editor.) The error he refers to is "Hard Code" writing not the same thing.

Its hard to find a guy who knows both hardware and software. financially two different worlds. Stop to learn one you get behind in the other. The biggest difference is finding the guy who would argue the two. Nothing last long in this ganre one month this info. is valid the next it is not, can't with any logic be adamant about anything PC based.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.