Su-25KM Is this in Production?!

Bee_Sting

Look at how ridiculous is the Su-25TM in BF4.

Kh-29Ts on outer pylons and afterburner! LMAO!!

it is funny for us , for who played dcs and other high level simulators.but note that bf3&4 are simulator for some gamers and they make tutorials for that funny thing.

but in other hand there are good things ED can take from EA experiences.they have good way of product activation and updates and support system.

Look at how ridiculous is the Su-25TM in BF4.

Kh-29Ts on outer pylons and afterburner! LMAO!!

Yet, somehow, their sales figures are still very good. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The only well known active version to me is the Su-25SM.

Any examples of a 'Su-25TM' or 'Su-39' are nothing but moving targets. The TM appears to be a constantly-changing experimental platform with few actual aircraft in service, the Su-39 appears to be an aircraft on paper only.

Probably because there are aircraft out there that are a much better fit for carrying Kh-31's and R-77's, among other things.

The Su-25T in-game does no represent reality. I'll leave it at that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

i read couple of months ago that yes, most probably long term Su-25SM will be replaced by a new design CAS plane that will probably have stealth features and have some air-to-air capability.. so F-35 that is more ground oriented and less expensive and more armored and much less stealthy but still much more stealthy than Su-25.. and it would go online in 2025-35..

Any examples of a 'Su-25TM' or 'Su-39' are nothing but moving targets. The TM appears to be a constantly-changing experimental platform with few actual aircraft in service, the Su-39 appears to be an aircraft on paper only.

Probably because there are aircraft out there that are a much better fit for carrying Kh-31's and R-77's, among other things.

I read all Ts have been modified to TM as testing platform.

in 2025-35..

For Russian development schedule there is formula X +10 years :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

i read couple of months ago that yes, most probably long term Su-25SM will be replaced by a new design CAS plane that will probably have stealth features and have some air-to-air capability.. so F-35 that is more ground oriented and less expensive and more armored and much less stealthy but still much more stealthy than Su-25.. and it would go online in 2025-35..

It was said, that new attack aircraft will be based on Su-25 (UB?). So new reincarnation of Su-25T/TM probably.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

IR jammer is very simple in 25T, today for newer systems it'd rather attract missiles not pull them away.

HUD is unknown.

Shkval is far behind being realistic at all, quality of image is like in HD camera - also in BS. I read somewhere it is due to performance.

GG may say more specific and technical details.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

There was some evidence that the Su-25T saw some action in Chechnya, but AFAIK this was sort of "operational testing" - I don't think the type ever entered actual service with the VVS.

Well "Su-25TM" and "Su-39" are just two names for the same thing(like Su-27K vs. Su-33) and merely a further development of the Su-25T involving the podded multifunctional radar(Kopyo-25), modification to the WCS to incorporate it as well as some integration with the Shkval system. IIRC two prototypes were build, but whether these fully reflect what was invisioned is of course another question - at least the cockpit doesn't look any different to that of the Su-25T.

Yeah Kh-31 in particular.....it seems that the Su-39 would be hard pressed even to bring that missile to required launch conditions(min launch speed).

JJ

@Boberro

Also wrong RWR AFAIK ...

As for the Su-39, mock-ups and one-offs that haven't lead to anyone buying pretty much constitute a 'plane on paper'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There was some evidence that the Su-25T saw some action in Chechnya, but AFAIK this was sort of "operational testing" - I don't think the type ever entered actual service with the VVS.

It always seemed to be that T/TM was a testing platform - it just seems like it is treated that way.

Well "Su-25TM" and "Su-39" are just two names for the same thing(like Su-27K vs. Su-33) and merely a further development of the Su-25T involving the podded multifunctional radar(Kopyo-25), modification to the WCS to incorporate it as well as some integration with the Shkval system. IIRC two prototypes were build, but whether these fully reflect what was invisioned is of course another question - at least the cockpit doesn't look any different to that of the Su-25T.

I've never seen the real cockpit of either as far as I can recall, just basic differences like Pastel being used in the 25T/TM.

Yeah Kh-31 in particular.....it seems that the Su-39 would be hard pressed even to bring that missile to required launch conditions(min launch speed).

That's what I was thinking as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It makes sense when you at least somewhat understand how past IR seekers worked and modern seekers, especially IIR, work vs. a jammer specifically built to decoy IR seekers.

It doesn't try to 'draw them to the jammer' at all. It's effect is reasonably modeled in game, it causes missiles to go somewhere else.

How does that make sense?

What does make sense is to confuse the IR missiles away from the engine heat, where the IRCM is located, while using flares at the same time to have the missile seeker catch those instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've never seen the real cockpit of either as far as I can recall..

I have a some high-res photos somewhere, but rembered that one of them was posted on here on the forum once:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1540438&postcount=10024

Cockpit of Su-25TM/Su-39 prototype(# 21).

...just basic differences like Pastel being used in the 25T/TM.

Yes thats what I was on about in regards to the cockpit perhaps not reflecting what was envisioned - a single crude CRT to display radar, Skhval and Pastel RWS :)

JJ

Looks like they got their hands on a Falcon, with that HUD and throttle! Even the UFC shares characteristic. :lol:

Elbit were responsible for the avionics and it's no secret that Israel has F-16's.

It seems only a few KM's were produced and some were exported to Turkmenistan. Can't link the source on that now as TAM's website appears to be down.

And here's another video:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know about you Alfa, but to me that seems so bloody fishy - it's like it's just a bolt-on to try out if it works :)

Yeah it does look quite crude - I think the CRT display is just a dedicated Skhval interface and nothing else....and since there is no other display to be seen, I don't see how Pastel RWS could be installed.

JJ

Well, for me there is no good view in front of pilot, that black box above TV takes a lot of it.

Seems so tight there too. There is really no space for more displays.

Any pictures from the "eyes" of pilot?

ಠ_ಠ

Which aspect of the Su-25T in DCS does not represent reality? The Su-25T was a real aircraft, the cockpit looked as what we have in the DCS, Su-25T participated in the Second Chechen war.

On the very sleeve (when you open the book) of the Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot book, it says the following, quote:

"A small batch of Su-25Ts took part in a number of small "local war" scenarios, most recently in Chechnya"

On page 106 is a picture of the cockpit front panel with the HUD and Shkval screen. On page 156 of the book, listed are few specific targets destroyed by the Su-25T.

Detailed description of the navigational and targeting system are listed in details on pages 103 to 111.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit