UH-1H HArdpoints vs. Slick version

Wiggl

If you want a Slick version of the Huey.

You could use the Checkbox to installe them or not.

But there is probably some not expected behaviour.

You could have the Checkbox marked when the Hardpoints are not installed and vice versa.

The only Indicator if the Hardpoints are installed, is the Empty Weight.

Notice the weight delta round about 300lbs.

PrintScreen001.bmp

Checkbox is on Hardpoints are not Installed

PrintScreen002.bmp

Checkbox is of Hardpoints are installed.

I thought this might be useful for some Editor People.

• 3 weeks later...
If you want a Slick version of the Huey.

You could use the Checkbox to installe them or not.

Hi,

if I use the Checkbox to get the "Slick" Huey, it has still the Covers for the Engine and the extra exhaust Tube.

Is this normal with 1.2.7?

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

A "Slick Huey" was a transport Huey and hey still had door guns. With the door guns you still need to have hard points on. The Medevac and civilian Huey's you can turn off the hard points. They still haven't fixed it where some Huey's in your mission can have hard points off while others have it on. This also removes flares and engine covers? They also haven't fixed how you see other aircraft in compared to how you see yourself in MP. You can be configured the same but other players aircraft will look different. Don't let this confuse you.

HHC, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

Are you talking about IRL, or in DCS? Would be great to have someone with actual experience say something about that, like with the rocket recoil.

The "rocket recoil " is fact some say it is impossible and could never happen but every single Huey driver I know says it is a real effect almost slowing down the AC 15-20 kts with a change of pitch +5/-5 degrees.

Nealius;

Are you running DCS as an administrator? This is sometimes necessary for a program to make changes, especially on your root drive.

SIX;

The engine covers are part of the IR suppression system, at least it is on my computer. You can have Hard points without having the engine cover or exhaust extension.

What system?...Not quite sure, I think its a 64bit system cause the keyboard says 'Commodore64'.

The "rocket recoil " is fact some say it is impossible and could never happen but every single Huey driver I know says it is a real effect almost slowing down the AC 15-20 kts with a change of pitch +5/-5 degrees.

I doubt it would slow the aircraft down that much. Maybe 1-5 kts max. Maybe 15-20 kts if you ripple two pods off at the same time.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.