Set ladder to 5000, tank to 3000.

FoxTwo

ladder is... presumably bingo?

It shows up in a comm event in mission 2 ("Use F-10 radio menu to reply to STRIKE (low or ladder)") and again shows up in the mission 7 briefing and I'm not familiar with the term. It seems to mean something else in brevity so I'm trying to make sure I know exactly what we're talking about here.

Thanks

Fuel state above BINGO at which separation/bugout/event termination should begin is called Joker, not ladder.

Ladder means Three or more groups/contacts in range.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Hey. This is a term used for fuel state by naval aviators - I used it as Kevin insisted to include it, but probably for gaming purposes it would be better to use normal “joker” and “bingo”. Ladder is constantly updated fuel reserve depending on the situation etc that is close to USAF “joker”. I guess I will just update the kneeboard and use the latter :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey. This is a term used for fuel state by naval aviators - I used it as Kevin insisted to include it, but probably for gaming purposes it would be better to use normal “joker” and “bingo”. Ladder is constantly updated fuel reserve depending on the situation etc that is close to USAF “joker”. I guess I will just update the kneeboard and use the latter :)

When Kevin insisted „Ladder“ is used in naval aviation, I‘d appreciate we use it too.

From your response, BD, can I deduce that „Joker“ is a pure Air Force term and not used by naval aviators at all?

I'd say keep it ladder just maybe add mission notes somewhere and/or add it to the Glossary in the guide (Joker is in there). It just wasn't documented and I couldn't find anything online when googling for it aside from the normal airforce brevity code.

Thanks!

Thanks. Guess I did not remember that from the novel. It's been almost a year since I've read it the first time! :)

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Roger wilco!

While on the topic of fuel state, I notice that when I call mother in general (not specific to this campaign) it reports a fuel state different than what I have. It might say fuel state 7.8 but I have 9,000 lbs left over. There is always a 1000 tp 1500 lbs difference.

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Hey Peter, that is a question to ED and is related with the Supercarrier module - but I noticed that too happening from time to time.

I understand Baltic, I was wondering if someone here knew

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I understand Baltic, I was wondering if someone here knew

Did you have fuel left in your external tanks?

Perhaps the fuel call was relating to your internal fuel only?

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

I understand the appeal to use USN only comms but most peoples and countries use the NATO brevety word, and ladder has a whole different meaning there unfortunately ...

That's true but this campaign is simulating a US Naval deployment. I would say leave "ladder" as it is but provide a list of definitions of all terms used for the player to study beforehand.

That's true but this campaign is simulating a US Naval deployment. I would say leave "ladder" as it is but provide a list of definitions of all terms used for the player to study beforehand.

Concur. The list already exists in the campaign user guide, LADDER just needs to be added in there. I‘m sure BD will do it when time and priorities will allow it.