New Pilots inbound...lend a hand!

WarriorX

1. learn to Orbit at at safe Agl.

2.Not all Hog'n is done with your nose in the Dirt{learn your Sys}

3.Fight your greatest theat first {you will not always have a Sead flight}learn the sams and guns that will get you blown from the sky.

4.learn the signs that things are not rt around you RWR,MWS,JAM {Wingie talk to them you may see somthing they don't.}

5.your eyes are your best wpn out there if you can see it you can kill it. Learn how to find trgts by smoke ,dust trails,scorched ground,Contails. lil things like that will help you and keep you fly'n just my few 5x5:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Hey WarriorX I have a steam group for the game, you could add that to your doc.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DCSA10C

The steam players will more than likely use the steam forums for questions and may not even end up on this board. I know that was the case for BS, a lot of questions where asked on that portion of the steam forum.

After your great tip on clearing the CDU Asterisk error, I would really rather see what you can put together in your own Guide, then you can put it in there.

1. learn to Orbit at at safe Agl.

2.Not all Hog'n is done with your nose in the Dirt{learn your Sys}

3.Fight your greatest theat first {you will not always have a Sead flight}learn the sams and guns that will get you blown from the sky.

4.learn the signs that things are not rt around you RWR,MWS,JAM {Wingie talk to them you may see somthing they don't.}

5.your eyes are your best wpn out there if you can see it you can kill it. Learn how to find trgts by smoke ,dust trails,scorched ground,Contails. lil things like that will help you and keep you fly'n just my few 5x5:pilotfly:

Nice start slowhand, but I am asking everyone to put this kind of helpful advice into a PDF document and post that here.

Again, we need PDF Guides for this project, not helpful posts.

I'll write one up for ya..np bro

• Like 1

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I will contribute my list of airfields contained in the link in my sig. I will also suggest if you are trying to get to the end of the active runway you generally need to turn to a heading 180 degrees off the runway heading to reach that end of it. I.E if the runway is 22 you need to be steering towards a heading of 40 on the ground to get to the right end.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

elaborate on my wiki thought:

look under L: and you click or search for your relevant stuff (ex Landing gear)

I search the pdf docs alot for keywords.

Yes some keywords are too broad and it comes down to what is in it as far as tagwords(also the search function itself....Google is mindblowing on this.)

Reason for the wiki instead of a forum imo:

Search a forum for tag words, you get the whole chebang..and its hard to narrow down.

For the really new guys...i mean REALLY new guys...get on voice with a sqn or a mate and learn the ropes....(thats how i learned it many years ago ;))

Mulitiplayer will teach you the mojo ;) Many pilots are the kings of SP but novice in MP ;)

Conflicts: (on the forum)

Many times I have made or seen that a game issue is actually a computer knowledge question. Install issue or tampering with cfg files or heavy overclock.

"it works with all my other games ?" just doesn't fly in my book. Pc is smashing a glass and putting it back together depending on the game, hardware, moon rotaion:cry:.....(that is why pc is dying) nvidia or ati...trying to do the same stuff and the dev's can't really make them both show the same...real shame since everybody wants the same thing...why have a million ways of getting over the water...;)

Back on track:

1. want information

2. easy and to the point access to the information.

3. A Manual serves this purpose..

4. Humans ask questions instead of searching first..(personally a victim of this and it feels allot easier to ask the guy who has read the manual or done the deed and so on. But the reader gets pi¤%//& off...cause he feels he is doing the work for ya! (real life ring a mark-84 bell :))

5. Google has made a quest out of accepting this condition and are winning.

6. how to combat or re-leaf this issue.....make a good search engine...or change human behaviour(good luck ;))

7. the google way of doing it(my guess) is to combine stats with the search word and keeping track of your behaviour.

end note:

make it like a real life business or like the military do it.

1. there is one way of doing it...LEARN IT :)

ps. is it the best way ....no not always but it works so...learn it and deal with it :).

phewww

P EA C E ;)

• Like 1

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New videos will be forthcoming now that I've got more time on my hands.

Headspace, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that your incredibly informative and clearly explained videos were a major contributor to me buying the game. So thank you. Your videos are totally excellent (you obviously put a lot of work into presentation/editing). Please keep making them. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a short list hope it helps:pilotfly:

topten DCSA10.pdf

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

I have to agree with coordinating an effort to flush out the wiki - i put plenty of work into the ka50 wiki and have yet to see anyone bring info together for a10.

Of particular interest for the wiki would be a library of all the pdf check lists and resources so many of you have already created.

I have yet to buy a10 but am looking forward to it soon.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

wiki link here: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page#DCS:_A-10C_Warthog there are already some documents captured there but it could use many many more that i see floating around in different folk's signatures.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Hi guys,

I recently purchased A10, for now I've still been too busy to really get into it but I'm planning to get serious pretty soon. This thread will make getting familiar and up to speed a lot easier for me and others like me. Thank you and all for your efforts.

I voted for F18 as the next aircraft in the series but I know I'll be shelling out my hard earned money on whatever is released..

ArticFreeze

I will contribute my list of checklist/procedure documents I originally created for myself while learning the "game". I already published some of them in this thread and will continue to upload more in the future. I would appreciate a "proof-read" by some experienced members.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

New Pilot's!......Can not stress enough the importance of learning the concept of SPI (Sensor Point of Interest), and how to confirm your target is set as SPI.

Though I saw a comment about wikis earlier in the thread, I thought it may be worth iterating that point.

This forum is really great, but it sure can take quite a bit of effort keeping up with the posts and finding answers by searching. And while this "works", it does take quite some persistence and commitment - which effectively raises the bar for getting started or not giving up.

So on the topic of making the sim more accessible to new pilots, I think a wiki set up to take a new pilot through a "curriculum" - taking the pilot through a manageable sequence of topics something along the lines of this recent SimHQ post - would go along way.

This would probably only happen if ED set out to create such a wiki, driving towards definition of a master series of topics, and putting enough structure and content into it that it would reach "critical mass" and it would start becoming attractive for the community to go there and add/edit/post content.

As for myself, I love this sim so much that I'm perfectly willing to stick with searching the forums. But to truly address the question which drives this thread - to _really_ lower the bar for new pilots who didn't buy the sim already (and so more likely to have a more "casual" attitude towards the sim) - I think a more structured wiki-based learning portal would be the answer.

Just my $0.10 :-)

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme B3 | Intel i7-2600K | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | GeForce GTX 580 1536MB | Corsair SSD 128GB | TrackIR4 Pro | Saitek X52 Pro | CH Pro Pedals | Win7 x64

Wholeheartedly agree. I believe a most useful facet of such a wiki would be a sort of organized list of the various Youtube tutorials out there. There's a great many assets on Youtube but wading through and finding the best ones is not the easiest task...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Howdy

Hello everyone,

We're going through the nugget pains right now as well. We have several pilots all at different levels, but most are still learning. We're going through things together and flying as a group. I'd like to invite any of you looking for a place to get started, or even to lend a hand to drop by anytime. I've unfortunately had to reformat my pc a few days ago due to problems, but I'm re-installing DCS tonight. Hopefully I'll be flying in a few. Best thing to do is check out our teamspeak channel to get involved. If you can help us out, or just want to jump on board we'd love to meet some new people.

Regards,

Blud

Is it possible to ask for a guide? Communications would be great...not what buttons to press, but who to contact when, what information to exchange, what to then do with it etc.

I'm one of those new A10 pilots who's been flying for a while - from RoF over several Jane's titles (dynamic campaign in Apache Longbow was the best) to old ones such as Red Baron, and my main hurdle is how to effectively communicate...flying, weapon systems and SOI/SPI was easy to grasp and fairly well explained to get one going.

As a newbie pilot myself (that occasionally plays CoD), one thing I would suggest is some material to accompany the official tutorials. The instructor covers a huge ammount of topics but in no real detail so to have some reference material relevent to the tutorial (which the manual isn't) would be a major + +

Let me give a simple example in the Landing tutorial the instructor asks you to adjust the HSI setting, and proceed to a marker for pattern landing. I have done this tutorial many times and to this day I do not understand the function of the HSI nor do I understand what some of the needles are doing or where this virtual marker is, I always seem to turn too late by doing a visual estimation.

Edited by BigBANGtheory

Guest rongda

The adaptability of hair straighteners cheap lets you accomplish a complete lot a whole lot more than merely straighten head of hair. With several practice, it is possible to produce sum and curls easily. There's many

excellent deals to have experienced on the web, so inside the occasion you never personal virtually any STRAIGHTENERS, obtain a couple of inexpensive GHD regarding styles nowadays. Before virtually any heat hair styling, invariably commence away using a

fantastic temperature security or perhaps spray. Tresses is with its healthiest any time moisturized and also curling tongs, tresses dryers and also

ghd straighteners cheap all dry out tresses which permits it to be able to

leave that sensation brittle. Clamp the tresses closest on the root inside STRAIGHTENERS. Medicine to take the STRAIGHTENERS via an individual hair, twist| these circular 50 percent a switch then take the STRAIGHTENERS along by means of the sleep

with all the duration regarding hair. The heat across the outdoors with all the STRAIGHTENERS may be adequate enough to curl your tresses and sustain it set up. The sluggish you precede the particular STRAIGHTENERS via nice hair, the more solid the

curl will probably be. Also, don't worry about any steam you could possibly see taken from your head of hair, it's merely evaporation with all the heat safety products. It's imperative to make the movements with all the ghds

and also curling your tresses close in their mind as smooth and smooth as you can. In the particular occasion an individual leave the particular STRAIGHTENERS held in different 1 placement for almost any duration of energy, you will see yourself

together with directly kinks inside your hair, rather than curls, which may occasionally become actually challenging to metallic out. When you have pulled the particular STRAIGHTENERS via the complete duration of the item regarding hair, use the finger to

add added curl. You need a fantastic excellent pair regarding STRAIGHTENERS when wanting to curl nice hair. Other.

Read the manual, fly the training missions, if you don't understand it read the manual more, get as much of the basics together as you can.......

........and don't worry about getting online! Just do it. The majority of the more finer detail I have learned has been online with other pilots (some will be more helpful than others but don't hold it against them, they want to fly as much as you and may not be in the mood for teaching/training that evening especially if they have been doing it for the past few nights) This is much easier if you have voice comms than it is using chat as people can talk you through how to do things.

So find out and practice as much as you can...then come chat!!

Online is the way forward aswell!!:D

"The sky is not the limit.....it's my playground!!" @paraglidecass