Hardware related error: Toe brakes not working

effte

This one is still causing problems for people.

How about putting it in the FAQ at least, if the cause cannot be found?

Please, at least acknowledge the problem so we know it is on the list. Someone who's got EDs ear (testers) care to raise it? For every user who comes here to have it resolved, there's an unknown number out there who just plain can't get their simulator to work. I have a feeling they're not too happy. It applies to both DCS simulators.

Cheers,

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

The full fix, for those finding this thread:

1) Unplug pedals

2) Open the registry editor (all the usual warnings apply - don't go mucking about as you can break your windows installation)

3) Find the key VID _06A3&PID_0763, search for it or look under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput

The path may depend on your windows version so a search is probably your best bet.

(For Saitek Combat Pedals, the key is probably VID _06A3&PID_0764)

4) Delete that key

5) Plug pedals back in and depress them fully a couple of times

6) You should be good to go.

Good luck!

/Fred

Two more users in the forums with this issue. I wonder how many more are sitting out there who do not frequent the forums and thus probably never will get their brakes to work properly?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1398632&postcount=4

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1398675&postcount=7

(As a note to the last post linked, reinstalling does not always help - not even if you do several clean installs. I know...)

/Fred

This one is still causing problems for people.

How about putting it in the FAQ at least, if the cause cannot be found?

Please, at least acknowledge the problem so we know it is on the list. Someone who's got EDs ear (testers) care to raise it? For every user who comes here to have it resolved, there's an unknown number out there who just plain can't get their simulator to work. I have a feeling they're not too happy. It applies to both DCS simulators.

Cheers,

Fred

Agreed, if this is still going on it needs to be noted somewhere. I saw this thread a while back but thought it was a fixed issue. It did not come to mind with regard to the recent new threads on the subject.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

After a long flight sim absence I'm getting stuck into A-10 and loving it.

I also have the same issue, Saitek combat pedals.

Using a Hotas WH and Saitek pedals.(Win7 64bit)

Assigned the toe brakes no probs but after ramp start I have to have the toe brakes pressed down to release the brakes.

Did some quick reading last night and noticed the invert axis curve comments.

Tried that but it did not work either.

I haven't spent to much time trying to sort it but have read quite a bit this morning on the forums and see there are a number of things to try, prior to regedit.

Will give it a go later this week and report back.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Sorted mine out without regedit thankfully.

Symptom : toebrakes assigned but on by default, have to dpress them to release brakes.

The invert axis worked for me.

My initial attempt was wrong as I mistakenly inverted the rudder axis, not the actual toebrake axis for the A10- Sim settings.

All working now, thx for the advice.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

• 9 months later...
The full fix, for those finding this thread:

1) Unplug pedals

2) Open the registry editor (all the usual warnings apply - don't go mucking about as you can break your windows installation)

3) Find the key VID _06A3&PID_0763, search for it or look under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput

The path may depend on your windows version so a search is probably your best bet.

(For Saitek Combat Pedals, the key is probably VID _06A3&PID_0764)

4) Delete that key

5) Plug pedals back in and depress them fully a couple of times

6) You should be good to go.

Good luck!

/Fred

:DWow after weeks of farting about trying to get this sorted and getting nowhere. Tried effte's post above and it's FIXED!!!!:D

Thank you.

Edited by Rockeyes
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

• 2 weeks later...

Saitek Pro Toe Brakes - If only!!!

:helpsmilie:

I have the Saitek Pro pedals and they work correctly in all other applications. In DCS A-10C they do not work AT ALL! Makes formation take-offs interesting (try lining up on runway as 'wing man'!), and gives everyone else a lorra, lorra laffs after landing (are all runways green and bumpy?).

A solution would be very welcome.

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

Hi Roadrabbit,

I'm not using the Saiteks.

But as far as I know you need to invert the toe brake axis in the options menu.

I'm not sure but it also could be that you need to assign them as 'sliders' (and possibly invert them...).

Try these two solutions until someone pops in who owns them and knows exactly what to do :music_whistling:

• 5 years later...

Still an issue.

Resurrecting an old thread. This is still an issue after many years. I have a new set of Thrustmaster T.16000 pedals. Sliders for rudder control works great. Toes brakes, when depressed for the first time in flight do not fully release. Pressing the “W” key releases them until you use them again. Wash, rinse, repeat. Any new updates? ED fix? I have tried all the suggestions in this thread.

FYI, this is also an issue on the F-18, F-5 etc.

Thank you.

Edited by Chipensaw

• 2 months later...

I just had this issue with a brand new set of pedals. I used the registry trick above (it just deletes the pedal settings windows has stored) and it worked! Prior to fixing the problem the toe brake axis would show a jump from 0-50% instantly with just a slight toe brake movement and then move smoothly from 50-100% for the other 99% of the toe brake travel, and the same in reverse.