How do I create a MARK POINT

LtMacGowan

I've been trying to get the hang of DSCS-A10 and I think it would be a lot less hectic if i knew how to create a mark point. This is my idea of what I want to do

with my HUD as SOI select a target on the ground and create a permanent mark point for it, but now whenever i select another target the old target is gone.

How can i set it up so that every target I select creates Mark A, Mark B, Mark C, so I can rapidly switch between them.

TMS short right.

EDIT: Okay, I guess I shouldn´t be as brief. ;) What you need to do is this:

- When you have selected a target, make it your SPI by pressing TMS long up (not really necessary, but a good habit nevertheless)

- Press TMS short right to turn that SPI into a mark point (an offset mark point, to be precise. You can also create fly-over markpoints, but that´s not important right now)

- Every press of TMS short right creates a new mark point (starting with Mark A, then Mark B, Mark C and so on...), you can create up to 25 mark points before the old ones get overwritten again

- At your AAP (Auxilary Avionics Panel, right below the CDU), move the STEER PT switch to MARK (it´s usually set to MISSION when you start up)

- With the HUD as your SOI, you can now switch through the mark points by pressing DMS short up for the next mark point and DMS short down for the previous mark point. Of course you can also use the STEER toggle at the UFC or the one at the AAP, no matter what your SOI is at that point.

Edited by Cookie

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

To add to what I said above: You can NOT create mark point "Z". This mark poinit will always be created automatically and designates the last place you have employed a weapon. Every time you employ a new weapon, a new mark point Z will be created.

Also, check out the video Peter posted, it explains the process quite well. It´s always hard to understand something like this in the written form and I am aware that my explanation sounds rather complicated. With enough practice it does become second nature however, and soon enough you don´t even think about the single steps anymore, you just more or less do them through muscle memory.

Last but not least, check out the pic I attached to this post. I found it somewhere in these forums (mad props to whoever created it) and it tremendously helped me learn the switchology. Maybe it is of use to you as well.

user86982_pic4101_1327087121.jpg.91dc23f81c5ebc0006dbc41e31e5d0e1.jpg

"TMS"-long or short is the same button/command.

But it will execute different commands depending how long you hold it until release.

press and hold < as 0.5 sec before release = TMS short

press and hold > as 0.5 sec before release = TMS long

I invite you to run the "HOTAS Fundamentals" training of the A-10 to get a idea of the philosophy behind this.

DCS In-Game > Trainning > A-10C > A-10C Familiarization > HOTAS Fundamentals

Edited by PeterP

so:

1. Download and install:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?ProductId=21&end_pos=137&scr=product&lang=en

Run it once and let it auto-patch (this will prevent some activation bugs with following modules).

than

2. Download and install :

DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.2.1 (English download version)

more info: DCS 1.2.1 Now Available

Edited by PeterP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

For efficiency a tip for next time would be to not have several threads open on pretty much the same subject;

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95665

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

• ED Team

- When you have selected a target, make it your SPI by pressing TMS long up (not really necessary, but a good habit nevertheless)

- Press TMS short right to turn that SPI into a mark point (an offset mark point, to be precise. You can also create fly-over markpoints, but that´s not important right now)...

I am sorry, but it is a bit 'overdescribed'. Markpoint is made for current SOI, but not SPI. To make markpoint you only need to check that your selected Sensor Of Interest is correct, and there is nothing to do with SPI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Yeah I know, hence my

(not really necessary, but a good habit nevertheless)

I just believe it´s a good habit to make it a SPI for a moment before you create a mark point, just so everyone else around you can see what/where you are looking at (provided you broadcast your SPI, of course) and maybe make that place a mark point of their own.

Chardly posted the link but did not say anything about it.

This is Excessiveheadspaces Tutorial his are by far the best as they include

commentary that explains the who what when and why of it. Unlike others who do not include verbal or audio in their videos this one does. and he has the best grasp of DCS A-10 and its weponry. take a look for yourself, I am sure you will be impressed.

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

The best Mark Points and Target Mangement Tutorials is by far is Garry's.

================================

DCS A10 Target Management 1 - Mark points

DCS A10 Target Management 2 TAD

================================

Why you ask? Duh.

Cause who else does excellent tuts while sounding like a Drunk Irish Leprechaun flying an A10!220px-Rainbow_Leprechaun.png

I love you Garry!

I always refer to these when brushing up my A10 skills, since he covers everything, and is very methodical.

I just gave these to 2 of my online friends these vids, who I just got to purchase A10 from the Steam sale.

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

The best Mark Points and Target Mangement Tutorials is by far is Garry's.

It's Gerry :smilewink:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I think this is just a case of somebody really needing to sit down and read the manual, carefully (and watch lots of Gerry's vids of course XD)

Also, did anybody clearly articulate to him that the tutorials are their own separate download to the game client?

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

@thinkr I give "Gerry" an A- and it is because he did not explain the "Targeting Pods" Flaws in his tutorial leaving some to aim at the ground and

miss as so often occurs. Had he covered the Pod more in detail as Excessiveheadspaces then he too would have received a high mark point.(pun intended).

Besides the info. is the same both covered it well. Your "I Love You Garry" statement leaves one to believe some bit of colusion is involved in your asessment.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

@thinkr I give "Gerry" an A- and it is because he did not explain the "Targeting Pods" Flaws in his tutorial leaving some to aim at the ground and

miss as so often occurs. Had he covered the Pod more in detail as Excessiveheadspaces then he too would have received a high mark point.(pun intended).

He does point out that EH's video is the definitive one, though.

dcs_sig.jpg