Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

RIP Flanker.. all hail the new king.

F-15 is considered as the most successful fighter in history
Elaborate.

While Flanker is usually remembered as that Russian jet that keeps crashing into the crowd during air shows every other year.
Most of those airshow mishaps involved MiG-29's ;)

(ok, most of that skeet shooting down in Middle East....

Exactly.

The Eagle has never had to tangle with the Flanker in anger. Until then, all we have is the SIM and as said previously, BVR the Budgie, pilots being equal, has the upper hand no doubt. Close-In though the Budgie will get plucked by the Flanker so at the end of the day one cannot definitively conclude that one is better than the other - they both have their strengths and weaknesses. It is up to the pilots concerned to exploit said strengths and weaknesses. The Pilot who is better able to do so will be victorious, be it in the Eagle of Flanker.

Driving a Budgie is no guarantee of success :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

at the end of the day one cannot definitively conclude that one is better than the other - they both have their strengths and weaknesses

It's almost sad, in a way. We have these two badass fighters, each one representing the air power of their respective nations, yet the two have never actually faced each other in a fight.

A part of me is secretly hoping for a major war soon, while both are still in service, just so we could get some real world data. While the rest of me tries to figure out if there has ever been a worse reason for a war--oh, wait. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Golden_Stool

It's almost sad, in a way. We have these two badass fighters, each one representing the air power of their respective nations, yet the two have never actually faced each other in a fight.

A part of me is secretly hoping for a major war soon, while both are still in service, just so we could get some real world data. While the rest of me tries to figure out if there has ever been a worse reason for a war--oh, wait. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Golden_Stool

Secretly hoping they meet in war isn't a good thing. Unless they fighting over the skies on Finland :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

And the best looking cockpit in FC3 :D

Hmm....rubbing in salt in the wound eh? :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Put a Su-30MKI against F-15E and compere.

The F-15E can dogfight but would rather not. I wouldn't want to try it against the MKI though. In the A2G role though the SU-30MKI can not touch it.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

What can I say - saw it all coming.

Over the years the attention to Western bad science (BS) has been alarmingly growing. The first sign I saw that ED has become infatuated with one side of the coin was when the Russian tester team was pretty much dismantled, developers out right saying on the forums that they are not interested in OPFOR birds anymore and these "unbiased" moderators/testers that continued to be recruited by ED.

When FC2 came out we already had a glimpse of what is to come, F-15 pictures were on every damn screen of the simulator - hell, we even had an F-15 with engine upgrade that made it into the beta - yet nobody noticed it from the testers and it made it into the beta release - what a surprise.

Today, in FC3 things have gone even worse. From the way the Russian aircraft look to the way they operate seems like the attention given to them is minimal. The SU-33 graphic glitch is just a "wtf, did not a single person sit in it before release?" because surely a giant head at the back of the cockpit is "normal". What is most hurtful for me as a fan of the series is that at one point ED was actually in all seriousness planning to release this product without even touching up the Russian cockpits - which by the way are not the best this community had to offer.

Of course there is the argument we keep hearing from moderators that "If you don't like it - don't buy it", well that is just an insult to injury. With a highly secluded market, and the inevitable upgrade by everyone to the DCSW engine - if one was still interested to fly online in a competitive multiplayer environment then he would have no choice but to upgrade.

As a virtual pilot that started following this series from Flanker 1 through today, I turn my hope to mod makers and 3rd party developers in giving the aircraft I fly a half decent model, skins and attention. And my god do I hope that someone out there creates competition for ED on the commercial market - they sure do need it. Beczl is my hero.

It is - what it is.

• Like 5

What can I say - saw it all coming.

Over the years the attention to Western bad science (BS) has been alarmingly growing. The first sign I saw that ED has become infatuated with one side of the coin was when the Russian tester team was pretty much dismantled, developers out right saying on the forums that they are not interested in OPFOR birds anymore and these "unbiased" moderators/testers that continued to be recruited by ED.

When FC2 came out we already had a glimpse of what is to come, F-15 pictures were on every damn screen of the simulator - hell, we even had an F-15 with engine upgrade that made it into the beta - yet nobody noticed it from the testers and it made it into the beta release - what a surprise.

Today, in FC3 things have gone even worse. From the way the Russian aircraft look to the way they operate seems like the attention given to them is minimal. The SU-33 graphic glitch is just a "wtf, did not a single person sit in it before release?" because surely a giant head at the back of the cockpit is "normal". What is most hurtful for me as a fan of the series is that at one point ED was actually in all seriousness planning to release this product without even touching up the Russian cockpits - which by the way are not the best this community had to offer.

Of course there is the argument we keep hearing from moderators that "If you don't like it - don't buy it", well that is just an insult to injury. With a highly secluded market, and the inevitable upgrade by everyone to the DCSW engine - if one was still interested to fly online in a competitive multiplayer environment then he would have no choice but to upgrade.

As a virtual pilot that started following this series from Flanker 1 through today, I turn my hope to mod makers and 3rd party developers in giving the aircraft I fly a half decent model, skins and attention. And my god do I hope that someone out there creates competition for ED on the commercial market - they sure do need it. Beczl is my hero.

It is - what it is.

To put it simply i agree with what you say, moreover i would like to see more level of attention to military aviation without making the usaf the focus of everything. One has the ugly feeling that we are heading more towards "DCS: Us air force" with a couple of oponents here and there instead of an open combat simulator. We got black shark, but then a10, p51, now f15c, soon a u.s fast mover, 90% of 3rd party are us based aircraft.....

I could be awfully wrong but thats why its a feeling and not a fact. Also i like dcs quality so i would really like to understand where are they heading but time will tell.

And yes beczl is the most interesting offering so far

Edited by robert123456
  • Like 1

Soviet you nailed.

I can understand the American planes are more there because westerners are bringing money but to use 3D modles from LOMAC is just ........ ........... ......... ............. ............. ............ ........... YEAH ED we all love new MiG-31 and An-26 and A-50 but why not Su-27/33 and MiG-29???

And to be more funny i have sounds from EAGLE in my MiG. Why i do not get TWS from the F-15 instead of bitching Betty? Is anybody in the ED are flying Russian planes anymore and where is the Russian testing team? Who is testing Russian aircrafts??????

• Like 2

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

To put it simply i agree with what you say, moreover i would like to see more level of attention to military aviation without making the usaf the focus of everything. One has the ugly feeling that we are heading more towards "DCS: Us air force" with a couple of oponents here and there instead of an open combat simulator. We got black shark, but then a10, p51, now f15c, soon a u.s fast mover, 90% of 3rd party are us based aircraft.....

I could be awfully wrong but thats why its a feeling and not a fact. Also i like dcs quality so i would really like to understand where are they heading but time will tell.

And yes beczl is the most interesting offering so far

Believe it or not there's actually people on the other side of the pond that enjoy flying USAF aircraft. I do understand they're always done in the simulator world, but that's just a cold hard fact.

Also, the future is clouded, and the change might suddenly go to a US aircraft fest back to Russian aircraft. I wouldn't fly them and honestly I wouldn't complain about it neither.

Over the years the attention to Western bad science (BS) has been alarmingly growing.

The BS spew is all you.

developers out right saying on the forums that they are not interested in OPFOR birds

where?

we even had an F-15 with engine upgrade that made it into the beta - yet nobody noticed it from the testers and it made it into the beta release - what a surprise.

No, we didn't, but you don't like to listen, you just want to whine and lie to people. You were told back then that it was indeed a bug, and it wasn't easy to notice either as it happened to be in a narrow part of the envelope (an engine upgrade would have changed the entire envelope). We don't have time to play around much in testing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Believe it or not there's actually people on the other side of the pond that enjoy flying USAF aircraft. I do understand they're always done in the simulator world, but that's just a cold hard fact.

Also, the future is clouded, and the change might suddenly go to a US aircraft fest back to Russian aircraft. I wouldn't fly them and honestly I wouldn't complain about it neither.

I agree, as i posted when i got the a10, i love it, not because of the a10 but because of the quality. But with the current trend you have nothing to fly against that offers the same quality. So in multiplayer is a10 or a10 if you like an afm fixed wing, of course there is the p51 but they are not compatible and the su25 lacks the quality of the a10 module.

I cant imagine how happy ill be with an aircraft i like and afm and everything, but that wont happen soon.

I dont have anything against us aircraft, i do hope to have variety.

Also what you say its true anything can change in the market, maybe wait till all get bored of having one side to choose in mp and then other offerings will come.

A part of me is secretly hoping for a major war soon...

Are you hoping for nightmares made real? :)

While the rest of me tries to figure out if there has ever been a worse reason for a war--oh, wait. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Golden_Stool

It was after that people start to teach children that to call someone Impisa was for a good reason :D

To put it simply i agree with what you say, moreover i would like to see more level of attention to military aviation without making the usaf the focus of everything.

Isn't this starting to get political derailing? :)

And yes, hail to Beczl. I'm hoping that the MiG-23MF will be implemented.

Edited by Xpto

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isn't this starting to get political derailing? :)

And yes, hail to Beczl. I'm hoping that the MiG-23MF will be implemented.

Yes and thanks for pointing it out. Also i think thats inevitable, but i can tell you its not the focus of my post, at least not here because this is not a forum for that.

To put it differently, if we have more variety we can choose our aircraft and side more in tune with our preferences and we would have a better and more interesting experience, taking the role of different pilots on different platforms from different countries. like now there is BS, the huey, the gazelle project, its interesting.

(personally Ill go now to my cave to wait for the mig 21) :)

Edited by robert123456

Yes and thanks for pointing it out. Also i think thats inevitable, but i can tell you its not the focus of my post, at least not here because this is not a forum for that.

To put it differently, if we have more variety we can choose our aircraft and side more in tune with our preferences and we would have a better and more interesting experience, taking the role of different pilots on different platforms from different countries. like now there is BS, the huey, the gazelle project, its interesting.

(personally Ill go now to my cave to wait for the mig 21) :)

While i might not fly modern Russian aircraft, i will certainly love to try the MiG-21 because of it's global status. Can't wait for it.