VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Here is the log from the stand alone version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TbKyrkEnE7PLvu8Oc3yn0RiuTqDuF7SG/view?usp=sharing

Previously I put STEAM version test.

EDIT: WOW, that was it! TacView was the case. Thank You Hollywood so much! You provide amazing support. It works with the steam version as with the stand alone. Now I have to learn new commands and how to speak them but first few minutes with VAICOM was gr8! It's worth every penny.

Edited by gorzasty

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Can I just type in the full path to my DCS install in the "Include custom subfolders" field to get it to auto install?

I already installed once on day one but I'm updating to the newer version because it seems to have a fix for an issue I was having...

For the .lua files that are in the DCS folder (not the one on save games) do I need to manually append the export folder contents after every patch?

If so...

It would be SO NICE if I could just add my DCS install folder somewhere so it would just do it automatically... Especially if I could add folder to check beyond one... since I have 1.5 and 2.2 installed...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Hey Combat

To update the plugin including the lua files the following steps are recommended

1) Download and install latest plugin build from the website.

2) Remove old lua file contents by backtracking manual install steps from page 33

3) Restart VA with debug mode enabled.

Do not enable custom folders.

4) After VA restart inspect the debug log to see if auto-install was successful. Perform manual lua files install (p33) if required.

5) Switch off debug mode when done.

Please have a look and if more help needed catch me on PM

Grtz

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Yeah I understand... I'm pretty sure I'm done (haven't tested it... got sidetracked :) ) but it would just be really awesome if the install could handle non-standard installation locations is all.

That said... I understand it may not be so easy to program.

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Works great :)

One thing I noticed though...

I'm running the Charnwood campaign and when I die or for some reason quit and restart the mission through "replay mission" I also have to close and re-start VoiceAttack. I suspect this is something that always happens so...

Is there a "re-initialize" command of some sort?

Hey Combat this install stuff may get more simple in a few weeks when we will (yes! finally!) only have a single DCS 2.5 version to deal with. I'll be looking into how uninstall/update routine can be more automated. PM inbound regarding the restart question. Cheers.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

If we are just running Vaicom pro (licensed) with no other plugins, how do we update? Your instructions are a little confusing. Do we just copy over the dll dated 1/5/18 to the VA App subfolder?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hey Sobe yes to update the plugin simply copy and replace the dll with latest version.

To also update the lua files on an existing install follow instructions in post #156 i.e. remove the old VAICOM PRO lua code first by using p33 as reference: in each lua file the VAICOM PRO code chunck starts with a comments block, remove this comments block and all following code until the end of the file and save. Do this for the 4 lua files. Then restart VA and the auto-install will place the new lua code by itself.

Hope this clarifies.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

OK I did it. It was a little scary deleting some lines in #3 and #4, but all seems fine.

Just for reference, in #3, Viacom starts at my line 1507 and in #4, it starts at line 157. I don't know if it will be the same for everyone.

On a side note, I just realized that Viacom enters info in the Export file. Since I have several export files that I use (Helios for the Su27/33, Helios for the A10c, etc), and Ikarus and just a plain export file, this gives me at least 4 export files for 1.5 stable alone. I know realize that I have to add the additional language to each of these export files. You might want to note this to users that believe the automatic install takes care of everything.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

A fantastic addition to DCS, makes life so much easier. A lot to learn as I'm a newbie to DCS but having my private pilot license helps a little.

Hollywood 315 you are Amazing! (Mooi werk man!)

HP I7 Win 7 64x | Thrustmaster HOTAS | VoiceAtack | Vaicom Pro | Smile on my face!

Nothing is for sure and even that is not!

I just want to thank You Hollywood for a great addition to DCS World. A very cheap buy for a excellent and very well made product! Thanks! :thumbup::clap_2:

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

Thanks all for the nice messages, really appreciated :)

Update: with the great help of a small but determined team of Sherlocks I managed to hunt down the bug that a few users reported regarding PTT refresh. Turns out this had to do with the Chatter.dll not being installed.

Latest build on the website is now fixed for this.

Existing installs especially without Chatter are advised to update the plugin to this latest version:

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

@Spetz, @Nickentik, @wingshigh.h +rep inbound!

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks all for the nice messages, really appreciated :)

Update: with the great help of a small but determined team of Sherlocks I managed to hunt down the bug that a few users reported regarding PTT refresh. Turns out this had to do with the Chatter.dll not being installed.

Latest build on the website is now fixed for this.

Existing installs especially without Chatter are advised to update the plugin to this latest version:

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

@Spetz, @Nickentik, @wingshigh.h +rep inbound!

Updating the plugin means only replacing the .dll right? Or does the lua-files have to be edited as described in post #163 also?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Just wanted drop in here and tell you how awesome this add-on is. Best couple of bucks I've spent on DCS, hands down. Will be picking up the chatter add-on this weekend.

I've only scratched the surface of what it can do, but It has been invaluable to me in VR, fantastic work.

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

+++ speech profile backup tool +++

General tip:

If you invested time in training your voice recognition and your quite happy with the results

you may want to have the option to back-up and restore your Windows speech recognition profile.

Courtesy of http://www.voiceattack.com check out this helpful little Profile Manager tool:

http://www.voiceattack.com/filesend.aspx?id=SpProfileMgr.zip

This way you can also migrate your profile to another PC if needed at some point.

Cheers

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Question: If I want to bind a button (which is recognized as an instant press on/off only, no "hold" function) on my throttle with a "hold" or "listen for 5 seconds" when pressed function, is that possible in Voice Attack?

I want to be able to press and hold it just for enough time to say "Chief, request rearming"

I am looking to find the TX6 to the AP Engage/Disengage button below...

JT3A0228-Version-2.jpg

General tip:

If you invested time in training your voice recognition and your quite happy with the results

you may want to have the option to back-up and restore your Windows speech recognition profile.

Courtesy of http://www.voiceattack.com check out this helpful little Profile Manager tool:

http://www.voiceattack.com/filesend.aspx?id=SpProfileMgr.zip

This way you can also migrate your profile to another PC if needed at some point.

Cheers

Hollywood

Beautiful, thank you!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

@Duce :thumbup:

@Bucks There's quite a few options there depending on how you want to do it. On my Warthog Throttle (without TARGET) the DIS/ENG shows up as DirectX key 26 with press-and hold function.

So most straightforward may be to just map TX5 press/release to this button in the profile and see what happens.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com