someone get me up to speed with best VR performance?

hannibal

i just got the 2080Ti

i havent been on DCS for a few months.

im trying to setup my PC to demo for flight sim.

can someone put me on to what is the best settings for VR performance and visuals?

so far all i can recall is

a) delete everything in the metashaders folder

b) apply shader mod by Kegetys @.67 (rift) https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215373

c) nvidia control panel, max per, high performance, VR pre frames 3

d) windows display properties, RGB @ Full

i have oculus rift..

advice appreciated..

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

well, here's mine. and I get steady 45 and above with these.

My PD is low as I find it really eats the FPS. the higher I go.

I just hope that NVIDIA get their stuff together soon, I'm really disappointed with the 2080 Series cards.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

What way are you disappointed Mastiff? I am considering the new Ti.

There seems to be a power issue with my card my first few days was BSOD, USB power errors as soon as I added this card with VR. after reinstalling all the new drivers and USB, redist VC, DX, 2012, 2015, I still dont feel its stable and smooth.

But this could be driver issues, and it doesn't help that I got hit with that Sound driver bug update from Microsoft, and Im having sound issues with the OS.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Driver 416.34

Windows 1809.

Have about 9 days with the card so far, running fine for me.

<knocking on wood>

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Driver 416.34

Windows 1809.

Have about 9 days with the card so far, running fine for me.

<knocking on wood>

im glad to hear, it is scary to know we have a potential failing card

i was refering to BIOS of the 2080 card as well...

dburne are u on steam?

im glad to hear, it is scary to know we have a potential failing card

i was refering to BIOS of the 2080 card as well...

dburne are u on steam?

I have Steam, but no Steam games and do not game on it.

I have it so I can use Steam VR for one particular game that does not have native Oculus support.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have Steam, but no Steam games and do not game on it.

I have it so I can use Steam VR for one particular game that does not have native Oculus support.

install steamVR via steam, it does the rest for you..

@dburne what is your steam name so i can add you?

what is this game that forces you to have steam, i am curious!

@others

is MSAA the frame rate killer?

if i read correctly everyone puts MSAA at 2x or 4x?

so many DCS updates, its hard to know what the lastest tweaks

Edited by hannibal

@dburne what is your steam name so i can add you?

what is this game that forces you to have steam, i am curious!

It is just one game that requires Steam VR to use it in VR. I will PM you the name.

And of course I have to have Steam installed, to install Steam VR. Once installed I do not run Steam, just Steam VR for that one game. So be aware you will likely not see me even on Steam.

Think I am dburne there also, will check don't remember lol.

Don B

which card do you have mastiffy?

i have seen that there were new BIOS for some cards,

especially for updating fan curve / cooling points..

i'm using driver version 416.64 (NOT 34)

EVGA RTX2080 XC no bios update for this card. version 416.64

no cooling issues with this card. just stability issues.

Pre frames is reccomended at 1 for VR

if I place it at one I don't get ghosting.

EVGA RTX2080 XC no bios update for this card. version 416.64

no cooling issues with this card. just stability issues.

ok I did happen to find the Bios firmware update for my card, who would of known it would be in their forums? would've been nice to have an announcement in the product page.

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-2080-XCXC-Ultra-BIOS-Update-m2858793.aspx

this did wonders for my Card, now I'm stable again and higher frame rates..