F-16 payload

Frostie

We will get block 50 not 52.:doh:

I know. However the Block 52 is essentially a Block 50 with a Pratt & Whitney powerplant vis the Block 50's General Electric one.

Are we even sure that this is a Block 52?

Those are AIM-9Ps aside from the Sparrow... anceint stuff you know... and it doesn't even seem to be hanging from the pylon, rather looks like it is hang from an adapter of sorts.

Photos like these don't mean much usually. People put all sorts of random ordnance under aircraft in these kinds of displays on ground. Even photos of flying with a particular payload is actually not proof of ability to use that payload, as tests can be conducted with just carrying them, but not launching them. There are many examples of that too.

Ancient stuff. That's true but that was what the Republic of Singapore Air Force had to use before the US allowed more advanced stuff like the AIM-9M and AIM-120 to be delivered to them as they feared the selling of advanced weapons would spark an arms race in Southeast Asia. So the Sparrow was the only BVRAAM available to them at that time and I wouldn't be surprised if it was carried operationally along with those AIM-9Ps.

That being said, if ED is going to release a USAF Block 50 Viper, then the Sparrow would not be part of its inventory as the USAF was already on its way in phasing it out. I'm simply trying to point out that other variants of the F-16 besides the ADF did deploy with them operationally. Another one that comes to mind is the ROCAF's Block 20.

taiwanf_1536385700.jpg

Those are AIM-9Ps aside from the Sparrow... anceint stuff you know... and it doesn't even seem to be hanging from the pylon, rather looks like it is hang from an adapter of sorts.

Here is a different angle of that photo

http://www.f-16.net/g3/f-16-photos/album39/album33/608

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I know. However the Block 52 is essentially a Block 50 with a Pratt & Whitney powerplant vis the Block 50's General Electric one.

That is a Misconception, every F-16 is different. The country the years and the block all matter.

Some example

They have different radars, different versions of radars, different subversion of engines (did you know the F110-GE-100 has 4 subversion), different RWR, different Operational flight programs. Different cockpit arrangements, different landing gears, different structural supports, etc.

Also consider the F-16 is made by Turkish Air Industries and Lockheed Martin. SABCA was also a mayor F-16 manufacturer and maintains most F-16 in EU. Three manufacturers, 27 countries, 40 years of service, there is a lot of differences between F-16.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Also consider the F-16 is made by Turkish Air Industries and Lockheed Martin.

@mvsgas,

I've once read somewhere that Turkish Block 40s had better engines, and being lighter than Block 50s, is one of the hottest dogfight rides. Do you know if that's true?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

@mvsgas,

I've once read somewhere that Turkish Block 40s had better engines, and being lighter than Block 50s, is one of the hottest dogfight rides. Do you know if that's true?

I do not know. Turkish F-16 have some unique things (like most F-16 )

For example

Some of their block 40 will have the smaller WAC HUD, while some of their block 50 will have the WAR HUD

[ATTACH]204826[/ATTACH]

They still use the "sushi tray" (can remember the proper name), this is a movable glare shield that goes below the HUD and prevents glare on the HUD from the ICP. We remove those years ago with the NVIS mod. They used different software, they have different weapons. Some of their cockpit panels are different and are located in different sections of the cockpit. I do not know if they use a Modular Mission Computer (MMC) or the General Avionics Computer (GAC). Their block 50+ have larger nose landing gear tires and the D models have the larger dorsal.

There are a lot of differences to them, most of it I do not know.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

You guys are all getting caught up on the Sparrow...

I'm more concerned whether or not we are going to get this! :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=204869&stc=1&d=1550752327

:megalol:

I'm sure whatever we get the Viper will be awesome.

47694577_2364029863818024_3097130212433914872_n.jpg.242920c5b77fff5422aaba7e81377a54.jpg

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• ED Team
I'm simply trying to point out that other variants of the F-16 besides the ADF did deploy with them operationally. Another one that comes to mind is the ROCAF's Block 20.

For discussions of what ED is doing, its best to stick with what they are modelling, all other variants, exports, etc don't matter.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png