Problem with laser rangefinder

therion_prime

greetings again , i played online this evening and there were 4 other players there having the same trouble with the laser . im pretty sure that all the os , hotas , etc , weren't identical . it would lead one to believe that its an in game issue . i hope im wrong . in the meantime, any fix , would be very satisfieing , at the moment . hopefully soon .

to be honest , its getting ,, frustrating . flying for 40 minutes ,setting up , stalking , then , not able to lock anything . its a total ,, turn off . imho .

cheer from here .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know which one of the two threads is the main one for this problem, but can you all please confirm if this problem only happens after a rearm/repair/refuel landing.

No it happens also during fly but after 30-40 mins, never noticed it at the start of the mission.

Very short track (less than 5 minutes) with this issue is still needed. Please use mission with no aircrafts or ground units. I see that laser switch positions became inverted for some reason and we're making investigation now.

• Like 1
picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

Note that according to what Ulrich has stated above, current work-around when you see this happen is perhaps to try and set the Laser back to standby at which point it'll think it's on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Very short track (less than 5 minutes) with this issue is still needed. Please use mission with no aircrafts or ground units. I see that laser switch positions became inverted for some reason and we're making investigation now.

I posted a track file (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=608916&postcount=27) with this issue. Unfortunately, the track file is probably 30 - 45 mins long. I have never seen this issue occur until about 30 minutes into the mission and after I have been using the laser extensively. I don't think it's possible to create such a short track with this problem unless there is a way to exclude the first 30 minutes from the track file?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

We are trying to reproduce this issue, our testers flying hours and hours. It's impossible to cut first 20..30 minuts from track unfortunately.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I posted a track file (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=608916&postcount=27) with this issue. Unfortunately, the track file is probably 30 - 45 mins long. I have never seen this issue occur until about 30 minutes into the mission and after I have been using the laser extensively. I don't think it's possible to create such a short track with this problem unless there is a way to exclude the first 30 minutes from the track file?

We saw you track, thanks. We reproduced it here at the office but also only after 5 000 seconds from mission start. It looks like all comes from wrong range counting, investigation is in progress.

Maybe this will help Devs: when C disappears, switch to sight mode (from auto track), switch laser to off, then to standby, press AUTO LOCK, correct range will be measured with count down of 1-2s, after that no more range measurement will be possible (unless laser is switched off/on again).

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Ok, steps to reproduce this "quickly" (500 seconds) are found, thanks to all, no more tracks needed.

greetings,

have you guys come up with any solution after viewing those track files?

will we have to wait for the patch?

hopefully there's a config file that we can tweak or something?

can you enlighten us a bit .

cheers from here .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

greetings,

have you guys come up with any solution after viewing those track files?

will we have to wait for the patch?

hopefully there's a config file that we can tweak or something?

can you enlighten us a bit .

cheers from here .

Investigation is in progress, that's all that I may say.

So I understand, the step reproduce are now know.

This happens all too frequently. Very annoying. Laser fires in the off position, but weapons won't register it if it's not on the STBY position. Hence nothing works as intended.

Until this gets fixed, are there any action to avoid mixing the rangefinder up? In the same line of thoughts, is there a know work around to re-invert the rangefinder stdby switch?. It tried everything I could think of.

So I understand, the step reproduce are now know.

This happens all too frequently. Very annoying. Laser fires in the off position, but weapons won't register it if it's not on the STBY position. Hence nothing works as intended.

Until this gets fixed, are there any action to avoid mixing the rangefinder up? In the same line of thoughts, is there a know work around to re-invert the rangefinder stdby switch?. It tried everything I could think of.

have you tried using it as intended (turning it on when about to get to fire area and off when you're done)?

In my case it worked normal right after the launch in OFF position (I was able to release only one Vikhr with laser off). Then I set it to ON and was able to release more Vikhrs as usual.

Do you have other case of wrong usage? Please post a track file if yes (though I think any other issue will be the child from this one found, but let's see). The shorter it is the better it is.

Edited by Ulrich

Yesterday MP-Mission.

After 2 hours...

Kaufi -> Laser not work

+5min GreyHead -> Laser not work

+8min Manus -> Laser not work

NO wrong usage !

Very frustrating !!!! When comes Bug-fixed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excuse please my bad English. Write please slowly, so that I can understand you.;)

I7-X980Extreme*18GB*Zotac GTX680-4GB*27"+3 10"Touchscreen, TM Warthog

In my case it worked normal right after the launch in OFF position (I was able to release only one Vikhr with laser off). Then I set it to ON and was able to release more Vikhrs as usual.

Do you have other case of wrong usage? Please post a track file if yes (though I think any other issue will be the child from this one found, but let's see). The shorter it is the better it is.

When it happens, the first thing I notice is that the laser doesn't fire anymore. It's on standby, all system working normally, but it just stops working. After that point, in only fires when in the OFF position.

The Vickers can't be fired. Laser ranging works when at the OFF position, but I never get the fire authorization (and if fired manually, there is no guidance). If I range it, switch the laser to STBY, the weapon system behaves like if the ranging is disabled, still don't get an authorization.

• Like 1

• ED Team

In my case, laser RF didn't work neither in ON nor in OFF position.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Ok. Though some issues are present with laser rangefinder, I may also say that:

laser rangefinder has limitations: 5 series with intervals of 30 minutes; 16 cycles of 10 seconds with intervals of 5 seconds in each serie. You may be not following these rules in your flights (and make more range counts than it is possible) and this will result in not working rangefinder. Not a bug but a feature.

Edited by Ulrich
  • Like 1