WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just pretty! Rep inbound :thumbup:

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

is a great idea on TARS to A-10C

but headspace: is like went to a board meeting but discuessing idea but board members need something show but seems like went that meeting without prestation cards or video..

so is pointless discuss features with nothing really show get everyone work up with nothing show in features you discribied on page 1..

sorry me haveing be so honest but how it is me like see results how it is for us asians we belive in thing were we see with our eyes not by words... ^^

im sure is same most people too...

me sorry be too honest... ^^

Grimes, I think using this plugin is not such an issue, if someone new joins TS3 he can see what channel people are in... so if I play DCS A-10C I hop into that channel and I can put comment that I am playing it and TARS is enabled on my end (maybe TARS will be able to incorporate an extra flag or something in TS3 to show TARS is enabled so that if people are trying to talk to me they know I can't hear them?)

For the sake of realism this is not a bad idea at all, it is against realism that you are in flight with someone, your flight gets ambushed and one of you dies from IR fired at him and after he is dead he tells others "wow, I'm dead, something hit me" and alerts others...

The only thing I do not like is use of Export.lua as the moment we get into PvP scenario it will create havoc... so I personally don't like use if that and would hope Ed would make some changes in game code so that you don't need to enable exports but can have things like TARS working... also limiting zoom and having it specified in server.lua would be so much better then having it in view.lua... how come the LOD multiplier that was in Graphics.cfg could be added to server.lua like this and this not?

No longer active in DCS...

Wow, that is what we have been waiting for !

Looking forward to using this plugin!

Although we are still on TS2 in our squad.

I guess this plugin is a good reason to push for TS3 once more.

Has the TS3 Beta "flooding" already stopped? Is a final already on the horizon?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Has the TS3 Beta "flooding" already stopped? Is a final already on the horizon?

Unfortunately, they're still working on it, and they are currently redoing their sound system. That means that additional work is guaranteed to have to be done on the TARS end of things since TARS utilizes some aspects of their sound system. However, until TS3 releases their next build, I have no way of knowing what that will involve or the extent of work that will be required.

But, that's what happens when you write middleware. I wouldn't worry too much about it--there are always ways to deal with these kinds of things.

Yep! In fact, the TARS I was running on my PC during the video was the x64 build; the one that was "transmitting" that was running on another machine was the x32 version.

Schpendid!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Update:

TARS is now up and running with Black Shark. So, when we go into beta, it will contain Black Shark support and you'll be able to play it with Black Shark. Volume control for the R828 is included, and the SPU-9 switch controls what radio gets used for Teamspeak 3 "transmission," as it were.

• Like 1

Be advised you'll so have to rewrite this if you don't know already... the audio system that TS3 uses (FMOD) is soon to be removed and replaced with an inhouse solution.

Looks like a great mod! Can't wait for this, it feels like ACRE for DCS which I was only joking about a few months ago... Now it's real!

Be advised you'll so have to rewrite this if you don't know already... the audio system that TS3 uses (FMOD) is soon to be removed and replaced with an inhouse solution.

Looks like a great mod! Can't wait for this, it feels like ACRE for DCS which I was only joking about a few months ago... Now it's real!

I have posted about this at least twice in the thread, including within two of my last posts above the one you made.

TARS will not need to be rewritten; just the component that does sound effects. It's a small part of the whole package.

Update:

TARS is now up and running with Black Shark. So, when we go into beta, it will contain Black Shark support and you'll be able to play it with Black Shark. Volume control for the R828 is included, and the SPU-9 switch controls what radio gets used for Teamspeak 3 "transmission," as it were.

double schplendid!!!!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I am pretty stoked about this release. My unit, with roots in Arma2 and Arrowhead, used ACRE and it adds a whole new level of immersion. If there is anything real world you need to know about radio functionality, please let me know. I was working with the ACRE team on radio range and so on.

NEW DCS:A-10C Flight Wing - 76th TFW - http://www.tf-blackjack.com

TARS and for that matter many mods usually require that you put files in places and edit scripts. Since this project supports two different games and Teamspeak (and needs to be version locked on all of those!) I made a control panel that will install/uninstall the proper components for you, so you don't have to edit anything--rather, you can install or uninstall TARS from your games in a single click:

tars_cp_wip1.png

The TARS control panel will be an integrated feature of TARS. You can use it if you want, otherwise you can do a manual install of components (if you fancy yourself hardcore). Doing that won't hurt anything and the control panel will play nice with you if you do. It verifies that it's installing against the correct A-10, Black Shark, and Teamspeak 3 using MD5 hashes. It will also make sure to install the correct version of TARS for your runtime environment (win32/x64).

Hopefully this tool will help eliminate version confusion for users. We still have future Teamspeak 3 betas on the horizon, plus A-10 isn't done...you get the idea.

Update: Fixed a bunch of issues this week. The Alpha is currently being tested internally at the Folk session. We're testing internally because it provides a much more controlled environment at the public space at this stage of development. I'll be releasing the first beta for public testing one we kill some of the current bugs that are still known. I'm looking forward to seeing the community provide additional testing. People interested in playing in our session should get in touch, but don't worry, you will have access to the TARS beta very soon regardless!

Ironically--given that this was originally an A-10 project, a lot of the testing is currently being done on Black Shark since not all of the people who play with us have A-10 (and A-10's a little rough around the edges).

Edit: Figured that I should at least give you *something* to look at. Here's the finished TARS control panel. It'll do its best to detect where you have everything installed and then do all the script installation and editing for you.

Edited by Headspace

Looks great Headspace!

One question, will binds for the Radio and Key Settings; Radio 1, Radio 2, and Radio 3 need to be keyboard combo's or can they be Direct X Button Assignments from the Warthog Throttle Mic Switch?

I ask, as I do not want to use Target if I can help it.

Unfortunately now they need to be keyboard binds, and those are not push-to-talks, they're selectors. There's a few different reasons behind why it has to be that way, but the two main ones are

1) It would've required additional development time to use XInput to support joysticks and such and that wasn't in the realm of initial scope for this project. That doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.

2) There are technical limitations that preclude the easy use of push-to-talk as opposed to using a selector. In order for PTT to work, not only does Teamspeak need to know what radio you're using, everyone connected to the game has to know as well.

I know that on my (very old) Saitek X45 profile software I'm able to have it send a keystroke (or two) in succession. I would recommend that if people want to bind different PTT buttons to this, that you have your joystick profile send the radio select button followed by the Teamspeak PTT key.

Edited by Headspace