HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS 1.2.4

@ Tucano_uy - I edited the readme again - please have a look in the post above. - hope it is now clearer what to do and to follow the steps in chronological order.

...btw:

I so often read "thank you" in this thread- but how it comes that I can't see one of you in my 'earned reputation' log..?...!..- still wondering...

;)

(yes! - you are right! - I want to "crack" the 100 rep points before I make my 5K post. So: Hurry Up! - there is not much time left! This was my ONLY goal from the beginning!)

Well my friend, the problem is that here, and maybe everywhere, the downloaded file is a .MAN type, unknown to me and my computer.

So no, I hadn't read or seen the read me or anything else that you included in the download. I now tried my chance and replaced .MAN for .RAR and now yes I can see that there's a read me file inside.

I'm sure I will be able to follow the instructions now, that considering I can dress myself, brush my own teeth, wipe my arse and control air traffic in a busy international airport.

About the "thank you", here it is. Thank you.

About the rep, we will see after I test your mod. You'll probably get it.

In the meantime, given that you seem to love so much the attention (nothing wrong with that), have a round of applause.

Cheers mate...

I'm sure I will be able to follow the instructions now, that considering I can dress myself, brush my own teeth, wipe my arse and control air traffic in a busy international airport.

:) consider yourself lucky ! some are not able to do the first three things you have named - but still pretend that they need no help and they are fine... ;)

About the renaming of the file while you download :

there must be something wrong with your browser in a file association setting.

You should have a look at it - I's definitive not my file that is causing it .

• 4 weeks later...

To answer upcoming questions regarding compatibility with the fresh DCS World 1.2.5 update :

Yes, It's save to use this mod together with DCS World 1.2.5 ! It works exactly the same as before in 1.2.4.

• Like 3

Great mod thanks Peter

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Great mod. I just started using it. Its really flying under the radar and I'm surprised more people aren't digging on it.

Flying into the sun now feels like its actually more difficult than flying with it at your back. Fantastic.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I agree, great mod Peter. It works very well in the A-10C, even with a second monitor with the left MFCD superimposed over the main viewport as per your suggestion.

Still I think it hits FPS to render stuff that doesn't show up on a monitor. I suppose this is up to ED to fix.

Strangely though, the dynamic effect of the mod doesn't work when I jump into the KA-50 (using the same screen setup). Any idea what could be wrong?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter, I'm having an issue with installing this in 1.2.6. In Bazar/Effects folder there is no Postmotioneffects folder. Any ideas where best to put this? Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

..yes, I was very lazy the last weeks.

But just while you have posted I have the editor open to 'fix' it.

Please just copy the Rays.tag into ...DCS World\Bazar\Effects\PostEffects until the new fully 1.2.6 version is online.

Or just use this slightly edited version - it is already compatible with 1.2.6 - it will have less bloom around the sun.

And you are free to use any HDR setting you like unless you use a HD69XX GPU.

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113826

New fully 1.2.6 compatible version is up - please revisit Post #1

@Moderators

Please remove the "1.2.4" from the thread title.

I will never again write a version number in the title for a mod again - Promised!

Edited by PeterP

Nice one mate, thanks

• Like 1

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

On another note:

Since 1.2.6 it is not possible any more to adjust the colourshift of DCS because the HDR.lua is missing... (EDIT !), so I started to use SweetFX .

Boy! I could slap myself that I haven't used It earlier....

- and I highly advise to do the same for all of you.

See this comparison of my settings - it adds more vivid colours/contrast and removes this "grey dust" and also sharpens the textures. :

SweetFX_zps7c391ca2.jpg

I added a copy'n'paste ready SweetFX version for 64bit systems with my settings to make it easy for you.

Read here how to tweak/configure it:

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

Please don't start a discussion about the "right" settings in this thread -please use this one: SweetFX for DCS ??

PeterP FPS friendly SweetFX settings.rar

Edited by PeterP

I think the HDR.lua is now moved in Config folder... I closed my gaming PC now (head hurts from so much beer also :D ) but I remember I put the old hdr.lua there after I searched for it.

I don't like SweetFX (or other such programs) always they just offer "different" look and let you believe is an improvement. I don't believe it is... just some difference... new sensation...

I could be wrong... so much beer... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think the HDR.lua is now moved in Config folder... I closed my gaming PC now (head hurts from so much beer also :D ) but I remember I put the old hdr.lua there after I searched for it.

No, there isn't a copy of the HDR.lua or equivalent in the Saved Games folder and/or in the root installation folder anymore. - you have to edit the shader files directly instead - and this is very convenient. (..but I would be glad if someone proofs me wrong...)

I don't like SweetFX (or other such programs) always they just offer "different" look and let you believe is an improvement. I don't believe it is... just some difference... new sensation...

I could be wrong... so much beer... :)

Well..., your view ! - But I also wouldn't be able to make a decision while totally plastered.

...and the default washed-out look of DCS would maybe also look very colourful to me.

Edited by PeterP

I have a hdr.lua file in my DCS World\Config\Effects\PostEffects folder.

Not sure if it was put there by an obsolete mod or not, but it is there.

Looking at its properties it says created 05 ‎August ‎2013, which is when I updated to 1.2.6

Regards,

Milli

Looking at its properties it says created 05 ‎August ‎2013, which is when I updated to 1.2.6

Regards,

Milli

OMNEG ! - whatever I did- I did it wrong !! - now I see it myself.. Many thanks!!

-Whatever-

it doesn't change the functionality of this Mod or the need for SweetFX.

....will make some more tests and edits if time allows it . Than I will pass relevant things I found out to you.

Edited by PeterP

Regards,

Milli

Ya... something like that... I knew it was there... hic! :thumbup::drink::drunk:

cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 weeks later...

Nice mod, but after a few minutes the mod stops working. It doesn`t show the effect anymore, the sun stays too big and bright. HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for 1.2.6 v.3.0 is installed with JSGME, SweetFX is also installed. Any ideas?

Win10, Intel 2500K@4,4 MHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS STRIX-GTX1060, SSD CRUCIAL MX300 525 GB, 4K TV LG 50UH635V, FreeTrack, X52

Any ideas?

Sorry , No.

I deeply apologise, I normally use a crystal-ball to answer questions like yours.

But it has a little scratch and I gave it in to repair .

It will not return until next month...

So I have to ask you for more information.

Please post your general system information (GPU/Driver)

Please post a track and tell when it happens.

Please tell me all your in-game settings and your exact monitor layout and I need also your used SweetFx settings (txt),

so I can replay your track in the same conditions you have recorded it.

Sorry again, I know how inconvenient this is.

I also miss the times when I was able to write people a PM with the answer just before they have posted the question..., *sigh*.

Edited by PeterP

Immer ein kleiner Schelm.

Sys: Win7 64bit, Intel 2500K@4,3 MHz, 8GB RAM 1333, Radeon 6870 (1024MB), drivers up to date.

In-game settings: all high, traffic low, water medium, heat blur off, resolution 1920x1200 (native), aspect ratio 16:10, 1 screen 512, MSAA 2x, HDR normal, clutter 250, trees 10000, radius 150000m, just VSYNC and cockpit shadows on.

SweetFX downloaded from you, never touched the settings.

The track takes a bit time, I don´t even know if it happens in SP also. It happens always in MP on 104th, 51st a.o. server.

But anyway, don´t worry to much about. I just bought a crystal ball with a little scratch on ebay.

Win10, Intel 2500K@4,4 MHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS STRIX-GTX1060, SSD CRUCIAL MX300 525 GB, 4K TV LG 50UH635V, FreeTrack, X52

But anyway, don´t worry to much about. I just bought a crystal ball with a little scratch on ebay.

I don't worry and never did...

But (!) , don't buy these models with a scratch !! -

As I wrote:

Foretelling and mind-reading becomes a gamble and the projections are very blurry (and even can drive you insane..).

Don't mess with quantum-effects with a scratched crystal ball !

There is a good reason why mine is in the repair-shop.

Edited by PeterP

First mod is working fine, soon after, on taxi, it stopped. After I replayed the track, but the mod was off from beginning. I restarted the game, replayed the track again and it was first on but soon after it turned off again.

On.thumb.jpg.3f30ae545b3af567213478c1fbdf3d5e.jpg

Off.thumb.jpg.87f47806e39ef5c8b90fff17636bec18.jpg

on-off.trk

• Like 1

First the good news:

I could easily reproduce this bug witch your track.

And it's not my Mod.

Now the bad news:

It happens also on default HDR settings.

Made a Video that shows it - no mod installed - it's a clean 1.2.6.18651 installation.

Used HDR setting Normal and original res is 1600x900 - windowed.

But it happens also in various other resolution and aspect-ratios , windowed/full-screen.

I used the original track from Wodan an took over the camera control with the mouse.

The re-recorded track with zoom in/out is attached. - you will have to un-pause the track after loading .- It is a MP recording and you will be in the cockpit after approx 40 seconds.

Known Fix/workaround: You can Alt-Tab to the desktop as long you are running in fullscreen-mode when this happens. After you enter DCS again the shaders will be reloaded and it's working again.

Edit:

Bug-report >>> HDR fails and got 'stuck' bug

-whatever-

My mod looks better, even if stuck/broken , as the default HDR that is still working.

HDR fail bug.trk

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1